5 can soup

• I found this recipe on www.dwlz.com today. I tried it and it was great!

*snip*

This recipe came from Del Monte and I believe my leader said the whole pot
    is only 2-3 points (I gave it 3) and it makes approximately 7-8 cups of soup.

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

1 can (14.5 oz) Del Monte Fresh Cut Whole New potatoes, drained & cubed
    1 can (14.5 oz) Del Monte Fresh Cut Sliced Carrots, drained
    1 can (14.5 oz) Del Monte Fresh Cut Zucchini with Italian-Style Tomato Sauce
    1 can (14.5 oz Del Monte Fresh Cut Diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
    1 can (14 oz) chicken or beef broth

Combine all ingredients in large pot. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat
    and simmer 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

*snip*

I added a can of mushrooms, crushed red pepper, and 1/4 tsp each of oregano and sage (I used chicken broth).
  • For those of you who don't care for zucchini, I left it out and added 1/2 bag of angel hair cabbage, and just because I like them, I also added a can of green beans. The "kitchen cut " ones are already sliced small.

Just a thought.....
  • I was wondering about the canned zucchini. I don't think I've seen them in cans, but I'm sure they're there. To be honest with you, I don't think I have ever looked for them in cans. Saffista I'll have to MAKE this. I love easy and quick recipes. It really looks good. Jana, thank you for the tips! I do love cabbage, & squash (just never had it from a can).
  • The only thing you need to watch about this soup is that it has a pretty high sodium content (canned stuff does) so some people find that they retain a lot more water if they live on this stuff! It is absolutely tasty, though, and way easier to make than the WW soup. My family loves it and we often have it for supper with garlic toast and a salad.

Trina