Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #1  

Default Wave 2/3 - Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction

Good morning, all! I receive the All Recipes recipe of the day and today it was this delicious-sounding one for lamb chops. I think it fits the Sonoma plan perfectly, except for that 1 tablespoon of butter. I know on Wave 3 we can have a small amount of butter, so it may be fine by then. As for now, I'm going to try it without adding the butter at the end. Also, people who reviewed this recipe suggested using the best balsamic vinegar you can find to insure a smoother, richer taste. Enjoy!!

Laurie

LAMB CHOPS WITH BALSAMIC REDUCTION

Rated: 5 out of 5 by 59 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes
Yields: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste 4 lamb chops (3/4 inch thick)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar

3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops in the skillet, and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or continue to cook to your desired doneness. Remove from the skillet, and keep warm on a serving platter.
3. Add shallots to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned. Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then stir in the chicken broth. Continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. If you don't, the sauce will be runny and not good. Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Pour over the lamb chops, and serve.
Writersblock is offline   Reply With Quote