Wave 2 Shepherd's pie (no potatoes)

• Shepherd's pie is my all time favorite, not only I love mashed potatoes, but my mom uses cream corn in hers which makes it AMAZING..
    Now lets be honest, my mom's recipe is definately not sonoma approved.. So I decided to look for a more healthy version and I found this one!!!!
    I know lots of people has different recipes, I tried to stick to the original beef potatoes and corn.....

I would of never guess the difference between potatoes and.... CAULIFLOWER!

Ingredients
    1 lb Lean Ground Beef
    1 tsp pepper
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil
    1 onion, chooped
    1 egg
    1(or 2... to taste) can of corn drained of water (no salt, no sgar added.)
    100 ml of milk
    1 1/2 lbs cauliflower
    2 tbsp garlic powder
    chives

Preparation: Brown ground beef in a pan with onion, pepper and 1 tbsp of olive oil.. Place mixture in bottom of casserole dish. Add corn as next layer.

Whisk 1 egg with 1 tbsp of olive oil, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Add chives and garlic powder.

Microwave cauliflower for 10 minutes with small amount of water or steam it until you can puree with the egg mixture. Pour on top of casserole. Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown

YEAH!!!
  • This sounds wonderful, I've just started back on the Sonoma diet with my husband and I'm finding it very difficult to give up my potatoes...now, the big trick would be to get my grandmother to give up making it with the real thing.
  • Oh I just noticed your reply! Well welcomed. I know youve been consistent in posting your day menu so thats awesome! Welcome to Sonoma forums!!!

As for your grandmother... Mine laughed when I suggested cauliflower LOL

I made it again this weekend and I added low fat cheese to the cauliflower.. It was so good!!!! Omg...