Old 09-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #1  

Default Back to the boards - Hello Sonoma dieters!

I have tried other diets that just didn't seem to work for me. I stay on them awhile... then just CAVE! A friend told me today to check out the Sonoma, she thought it looked like a very do-able way of eating. I just ordered the book but I think I want to go ahead and begin before the book gets here. If anyone can give me some advice to get started until the book arrives, it would be greatly appreciated!
LoserLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #2  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

hey Lisa!!
it's hard to start any formal diet plan without the book but you can read the stickied threads that give a good starting reference point

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71128

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75024

Probably the first thing you should do is clean out your house, car, desk, etc of all junk food-anything processed, sugary, etc, etc give it away, throw it away, just get it out. Check out the recipe links and look for items that say wave 1. Make yourself a good grocery list and go buy whole grain breads, pastas, lots of fresh and frozen veggies, fish and chicken. Don't worry about fruits or dairy right now.

And just start eating this way til you get your book and give it the real official start. Good luck!!!
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #3  

Thumbs up

Good suggestions batmomm!! Also this website will be a great help and boost to you!! Good luck!!!
over52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #4  

I was going to go to the library and pick up a copy of the book until mine came in, but my son called while I was on my way to the library unable to find one of the soccer socks he needed, so I never made it there.
I did spend the weekend using common sense eating. Hopefully my book will get here this week or I will make it to the library!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #5  

Hope you get it soon Lisa, it really helps!! Vicki
over52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #6  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

how's it going Lisa??
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:44 AM   #7  

Hi, thanks for checking on me! Right now I am just trying to do some common sense eating while I wait for the book. I need to get to the scales and weigh myself before I start. I changed jobs and now work at a place that has no gym or scales, so I guess I need to buy a set! (don't own any)
Old 10-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #8  

Hello again. Well the book I bought at half.com never came. So, I checked one out at the library and have been looking over it. I bought the Body for Life for Women audio tapes and really enjoyed listening to them. It is more of a concept than a diet plan and seems perfectly inline with the Sonoma diet to me. I am on tape four now and am sure I probably won't want to listen to them again after the first time. If anyone is interested in listening to them, let me know and I will mail them to you.