Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #1  

Default September Exercise - Fall is coming

I am sorry. I had a brain fart and totally forgot to start an exercise thread for September! Anyway, here it is.

Cooler weather is coming, like it or not. This also means, rain, snow and moving exercise indoors a lot of the time. Have you planned for that if you are an outdoor exerciser? NOW is the time to decide what your cooler weather exercise routine is going to be like. Don't use the weather as an excuse!!

I'm an indoor exerciser so the colder weather doesn't effect me, except that the heater might get turned on soon!

I got in 75 minutes yesterday and an hour today and plan on some lower body weights before lunch. Being home sure makes it easier NOT to have to get up at 4:30am to get it all done! Have a great Labor Day everyone!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #2  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

that's funny you should mention the weather. I've recently become an outside exerciser where before i always stayed inside. I guess now I'll have to do both.

Today I'm heading out on my 5 mile run, that is if the rain subsides a bit. I don't mind some rain but don't want to get soaked and really really don't want to hit the treadmill...
Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #3  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi guys. How is everyone? Boy did I ever fall off the wagon this summer! I've been very lazy the last 6 weeks and gained back a few pounds. I am so glad the kids are back in school and I am now back to my power walk in the mornings. I'm doing the same distance but not at the same speed. I think I can manage to build back up to it, though, quite soon. I'm still psyching myself up to get back into lifting weights. I had the most success when I was lifting regularly so it's a must!

I'm fighting the Lethargy Monster! Helllllpppp meeeeeee!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #4  
just a few more...

yeeeeeees start those weights, it just makes your body looks so good so fast when you're getting toned! As for the rest of summer, eh things happen. I've been faithful with the exercise but on and off the good eating fairly often. For me it's all about planning. If I have a pla to follow then I can eat well, fit execise in, clean the hosue, let my 2 yr old paint, etc, etc but without the plan I'm lucky to get my stinky butt in the shower
Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #5  
just a few more...

well I've been running my a$$ off but I may have a stress fracture in my left foot that owuld not only derail my progress but throw me out of my 2 upcoming races. I'm goingunder the theory that until I know for sure, it ain't true but I am taking it easy for a few days.

I really hope things will be fine in a couple days-I just ran 5.3 mi on Sat avging 9:12 min miles which is fantastic for me, including my fastest at 8:40!! Anyway today I did lots of weights and muscle conditioning to give the old foot a break. I won't try to run again til Wed and should know more then.

Tomorrow I crosstrain...keep those bodies moving ladies!!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #6  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

It's working all ready! I'm down from 163 to 161!!!!!!!!!! I've been very stubborn about changing my ticker at the bottom to reflect the 6 pounds I regained so I'm just gonna leave it there until I am at that weight again! And it felt so good to be out on a sunny, warmish Autumn morning. I definitely have already improved my time from last week. I'm nearly back to the speed I was at 6 or 7 weeks ago.

The only problem was that I stopped into the bakery for some bread and the carrot cake was fresh from the oven. Now, that's the only thing I really allow myself ever from the bakery except for the wholegrain bread and rolls. In fact, I only have the carrot cake if it was baked that morning. This morning, it was. So I got a piece and got home with it and doncha know, the little old sweetie behind the counter gave me TWO bits for the price of one! Normally, I would have thought "SCORE" and I bet she thought she was doing me a favor but oh gawd, the temptation!
Closed Thread