Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #1  

Default July Exercise - The heat is ON!!

OKee dokee ladies, here is the July Exercise thread. Can you believe that 2006 is halfway gone? WOW. Too fast. Great time to re-evaluate and revamp your exercise program. So post away!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #2  

Okay Linda,I'm going to make this the month I put exercise into my life.OMG
I have a Gazelle Pro so today I'm going to start with 10 minutes as suggested and do that for a few days and keep adding minutes until I do 40 minutes per day and go from there. If I don't make this open commitment,I'll never get with it,so here I go and if my commitment breaks I will say so,because I will need the encouragement to keep going. Thats not a negative statement just a honest one. I intend to succeed.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #3  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

you go Sissy!! sounds like you're taking it very smart. If you busted out 40 min today, you'd burn out for sure in no time. Take it slow and you'll do great!!

A couple friends and I are panning on doing an 8k in Oct so we're loosely starting to train now. We've done this same race before last year but it was kinda a disaster. One friend was sick as a dog and kept stopping to throw up, I hadn't finished training b/c I got hurt so I had never ran that far before in my life(4.96 mi). Well i finished it but only 1 min befoer the puker, lol...

This time will be different. I'm much faster and can def keep us iwth my friends. So today I ran 3 miles, changing up the incline and speed.

Other than the race training, Ijust like to try new classes and shake things up a bit. I've got an appt with my former personal traininer to check out my body fat change on Wed. I really need to see a change...a downward one
Old 07-02-2006, 05:51 AM   #4  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Sissy - YAY!! My favorite gal is joining the excercise thread!!! That is awesome, you GOOOO GIRL!!
Batmomm -I am so impressed about your 8k race. I am in such admiration of runners. It's really tough work but the results seem to be worth it. You've done it once and you can do it again!!!

For me, the gym is definitely out of order . I hope they get it reopened soon... In some ways it's a good think since i'll be gone alot of this week. I leave for The Isle of Barra on Tuesday. The bike ride around the island we have planned is around 14 miles. I'm nervous, but my friends are telling me it's not that bad. I havn't ridden a bike outside of a gym in years! This will be good for me though. We plan to do some rowing while we are there too, so long as the weather agrees.

I've been doing alot of walking since the gym is closed. I havn't busted out the "bean" or "pickle" weights yet, but ya never know!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #5  
just a few more...

wow 14 miles is a lot! Anything can be done with friends though. That's why I run, not b/c I enjoy it
Old 07-03-2006, 06:33 AM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

I am outta here ladies - for the week that is!...Since no gym today I'm going to do a power walk in the park. Should be fun since it's different from my usual routine. After that it's off to the island of Barra for bikes and row boats!

Have a wonderful week everyone. Keep up all the hard work!
Old 07-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #7  
just a few more...

ugh my personal trainer blew me and my firend off today so we had to do unplanned cardio w/out our ipods, arrrrrgh he does this a lot. We are def done with him but these last few appts were kinda freebies so I hate to not get to use them.

Anyway did 45 min on the precor and then 15 min of abs...
Old 07-04-2006, 07:43 AM   #8  

Happy 4th of July Finally back in tune after a few days of non-exercise I started the first day and did 2-3 minutes of cool down before and after my 10 minutes on the Gazelle with the dvd. When I first got on I thought yuck but after I got into it,I got in tune with the music. So after I finish these emails I will go do my 10 minutes.

Angela,wow 14 miles I'm with you in spirit,you go girl
Batmomm,8 k run how wonderful,good for you.Looks like my spirit is getting a good workout. You go girls

I also love to walk but not in the heat and humidity of Florida this time of the year. Even early morning is humid,like now. Everyone keep up the good work,have a safe Holiday.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Happy 4th everyone!

Good to see the exercising so far. I haven't yet read the posts from June, but plan to. June was an incredibly busy month for me: so many family and social events, starting a new job, and just had house guests.

sissy, glad to see you on the exercise thread! That's the way to do it, keep gradually adding time. When you get up to 40 minutes, then crank up the intensity.

batmomm, what a great goal, to run a race in October! I think if you are starting to train now, and if you keep up with it, you'll do great!

Angela, hope you enjoy(ed) your trip to Isle of Barra. Can't wait to hear about it, as well as the biking and rowing. My guess is that a 14-mile ride won't be difficult for you at all, especially since you'll be busy enjoying the view!

I'm back, sort of. Some of you might remember from my posts in early-mid June that I was having problems with my foot. Still having problems but have decided to press on with exercise. Have seen the doctor once and as it hasn't improved will be going back. The internist mentioned perhaps sending me to a rheumatologist and I will be so upset if it's arthritis because I am only 41.

Went for a nice bike ride this morning and plan to resume lifting weights with some modification to keep most of my body weight off my foot. I also plan to resume swimming and some yoga. I am having trouble walking and don't dare run, so I am afraid I may have to postpone my goal of competing in a triathlon, but I haven't given up yet and hope to be able to do it in October.

Am sad to report that I've gained a bit of weight/fat during the month of June. Because of the foot thing, I drastically reduced my activity. But my eating has been completely out of control. I have to get out of "celebration" mode and will be going back to Wave 1 starting tomorrow because I am having a terrible time with sweets. Wish me luck; my new co-workers are extremely social and we go out a lot for lunch, etc. Plus somebody is always bringing in pastries or donuts. Sigh.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #10  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Sherry, your foot is still giving you problems? I'm wishing you the best.. just take care you don't overdo it.

It's July already. I've done sorta ok with exercise...

Who am I kidding.. I totally fell off the wagon this past week.. I'm getting back on.. I'll be back later when I can hold my head up a little higher.

Just needed courage to say I'm here.. lazy.. but here.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #11  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Back on the wagon.. I did 90 min of exercise today. It feels good.. I need a slap.. I could have felt this way yesterday, and the day before, and the day before....

Anyone got a slap emoticon.. a kick just won't do it this time.
This is a little too violent.. !!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:13 AM   #12  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

*yawwwwwwwn* I'm here...barely. I have still been walking. Truth is, I have to do the walking to take kids to school/pick them up. But I still take the extra-long scenic route. Still same distance and all. As for intensity? Hmmm, have I been pushing myself as hard? Honestly, no. It's been very hot here even in the early morning so that makes me lazy. I know that's just an excuse, though. In my head. Tell that to my body! Weight training has completely fallen by the way since I was ill. I'm giving myself til Monday and then I'm resuming. I feel very weak still but I don't think that's gonna ever change if I don't start lifting again.

I've not been very good or very bad when it comes to my eating. Respectable with a few indulgences, I'd say. So I'm sort of maintaining but I can't call it plateauing because I'm not trying very hard.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #13  

Still in the beginners phase of my program. Monday I will add more time and go from there. Don't forget to check out that Allrecipe.Com site that has posted Sonoma Recipes from the Online site. Thanks to Linda,she has made us aware. I put a lot of the recipes into the recipe box. Click on the Online Site on top right hand side and you'll see what Linda has posted.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #14  
just a few more...

well I ran 2 miles today which is good considering i was gonna take today as my OFF day. Yesterday I ran 3 though so I was already tired today.

I'm not sure the plan for tomorrow but I hope I can find a good class to take, oh yeah I think I'm taking a class called STRONG, it's a fast pace weight conitioning class, yeah that should help
Old 07-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #15  

Default Exercising

I am really guilty of not exercising. My exercising has been in front of the computer or on the couch working on an applique quilt for a challenge and I am not going to make the deadline. I walk right by the three pieces of exercise equipment we have every time I go out the front door.

I did get down to 138 this summer but went right back up to 140. I LOVE the weight scales at the beauty shop they always weigh me at 135 with my clothes on.
Closed Thread