Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #61  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Default NSV for me

I had an NSV today !...I was looking down at my lower thighs today thinking that they looked funny and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. For some reason I have this habit of measuring them with my hands, so I just grabbed around and that's when it hit me - they are smaller! I was able to wrap my hands all the way around my leg and touch my index fingers to my thumbs - definitely something I have not been able to do in a long time!! COOL!!

2 Success: That's quite a story you have there! You are definitely in this for the long haul - good for you!! I feel ya, I have been on a some kind of 'diet' as long as I remember. I've been succesful with several types of diets, but Sonoma is the only one I've been truly comfortable with because I believe in the principles of moderation and wholesome, natural nutrition. I hope you will stick around and post with us !

Retired: Veggies from the garden are THE BEST - I am so jealous!! I am in an apartment right now, as are most people who lead a city life in the U.K. My dream is to have a garden one day....Lucky you!!

Sissy: Darn those sugar cravings!! You have been so great with the program, think how long it's been that you've stayed away from sugar!! A slip here or there is no big deal, you are doing FABULOUS!! I actually have a guilty secret - I have been drinking more than the 2 cups of coffee a day....I've tried to stop but it's my only vice left!! I try never to go over 3, but 3 is often the standard- 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. I drink at least 64 oz of water every day though so I don't get dehydrated. Hopefully it's not too big a deal...As for a detox on Wave 1, I took your suggestion to avoid so many fruits and carbs in hopes of speeding up my weight loss. It's not quite Wave 1, but close to it. Given my NSV today I think it's helping. You may want to consider it, even if just for 2 or 3 days.

Okay, there's my novel for the day!! Good luck ladies !

Tomorrow's menu:
Brk: Eggs and toast w/ PB
Snk: celery stx
Lun: Eggplant parmigiana w/ Steak tips
Snk: Peanuts or skinny latte
Din: Turkey chile
Old 06-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #62  

Topof the Morning to all I must think I'm in Ireland! A new day with great hopes for all. Angela,thats great you can get your hands around your thighs,I just about can get my hands around my ankles Anyway started back on Wave 1 to kill the cravings,don't know how many days I will do it,probably for a few days anyway. I know from past experiences,that my body does not do will with carbs(starchy)and I do have to watch legumes too. After doing all the programs that are out there this is the one I feel best suits my lifestyle.
Just have to adjust as I go along. I'm always looking ahead and not regretting what I should or could have done in the past. This weight stuff has eluded me all my life,but you know what.....programs don't fail,people do,sad but true. OMG,am I lecturing again
Success 2.........your story is interesting and inspiring,sounds like you are very committed to get where you're going Hooray for you!

Okay,enough of the ranting for today

B..............eggs,coffee,I think a piece of toast
S..............veggies
L...............chicken tenders,spinach,coffee,tomatoes
S............... Not sure but it'll be veggie
D...............Sonoma Wrap,coffee
S..............????

Angela,looks like I can't keep off the coffee either! I drink expresso,have a machine that makes it soooooooooooooo good.

Luck to all,keep up the good work ,we are all going to make it! Weathering the bumps in the road makes us strong
Old 06-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #63  
Angela

Back to me and you again Siss

I've had a harder day than usual today, just hungry and craving carbs. I've been reducing them a bit so that would explain it. I had 2 big snacks this afternoon. The food was on plan but not ideal and definitely big for snacks. I was starving and I just couldn't contain the beast. Darn.

So here is today:
Brk : egg whites w/ trout, onion and feta and WG toast w/ PB
Snk: pita brd
Lunch: salad w/ straw vinaigrette and leftover eggplant parm
Snk 1: PB toast w/ban slices
Snk 2: FF yogi with cherries
Dinner: Greek pizza

For tomorrow:
Brk: Eggs and toast
Snk: celery stx
Lun: Tuna salad and 1/2 pita
Snk: skinny latte
Dinner: Not sure yet.....?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default Checking in

I've been trying to do better, but I think the only way I'm going to lose weight is if I start back on Wave 1 and give it another go. I feel so lost at this.

All of you ladies are doing great... I just have to jump on your bandwagon.

Anyway, todays menu was this:

B: WG cereal w/milk
L: feta and dill omelet w/pc WG toast, and grapes
S: half WG tortilla w/spinach, tomato and baby bell cheese
D: salad and some sloppy joe
S: ???? not sure, but something w/fruit

I made my kids sloppy joes, so I gave myself a small helping w/out any bread. I made it from scratch, so everything except the half cup of BBQ sauce I used was Somona friendly.

You ladies are doing awesome! Keep up the good work.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #65  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

got a question for you all...I just got to the part of the book where she tells me to purge my kitchen, di dyou all do this? I'm not trying to cheat but my kids need some of the extras in life-juice, crackers, etc ok they don't NEED them but it keeps them outta my hair, lol

also while dh did south beach with me and did great, he is waaaay looser than me in his eating, so I don't think he'd wantme totally tossing everything...

I guess I'll just have to be sensible about it...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #66  
just a few more...

oh and i'd better finish this book tonight and start my plan b/c today I had a Jamocka shake from Arby's and a Cafe Mocha from Starbucks....eeeekkkkkkk I never do this, I think I'm mentally getting all my good cheats out of the way...bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad...
Old 06-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #67  
Angela

lighthouse - don't you be down on yourself now, . If each of us had a dollar for every time we "fell of the wagon" or "started over" or just plain failed then we would all be millionaires!! Keep posting and keep mentally telling yourself you can do it. Even if you have to start over a hundred times don't give up! You can do it! Giving up will only make you feel worse, at least if you keep trying you have something.

batmom - I had totally forgot about Jamocha shakes living here in Scotland but you just gave me the biggest craving!! Thank God the nearest one is all the way across the Atlantic or I might just have grabbed one!!
As for clearing out your kitchen....The main purpose is to get you to stop eating junk and keep you from temptation. If you find that you can have a few things around for your kids and DH and they don't tempt you then I imagine it's okay. I didn't have to purge my kitchen because I didn't keep stuff like that around anyway, I know I'll be tempted and I won't resist !!

As for me, I have been a bit of a today. I had half a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream-cheese for lunch - sooo yummy - but not so Sonoma. I was in a coffeeshop enjoying a beautiful afternoon with DF. It was only half and I am calling it lunch so I am not going to beat myself up over it. We have guests in town (again) and are serving the now infamous "haggis" for dinner.
We will have salad and turnips with it so it's actually quite Sonoma friendly.

Hope everyone's day is great !

Tomorrow's menu:
Brk - toast and eggs
Snk - carrot stx
Lun - Tuna salad
Snk - skinny latte
Din - don't know yet....?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:34 AM   #68  
Feeling ONE-derful!

S/C/G: 350/199/114

Hello everyone!

Been doing pretty good!
Yesterday's menu-
B~ WG ceral w/milk
S~ sliced tomato with dried herbs
L~ express wrap w/chicken and a salad
S~ peanuts
D~ Marinated flanksteak w/broccoli with red bell peppers and goat cheese (YUMMO!!!!)

Today~
B~WG ceral with milk
S~??
L~ express wrap w/chicken and salad
S~??
D~ Pork Chops w/broccoli

Just had one question--In the book it says that the tier 1 veggies are unlimited, so is it ok to have a small salad along with the express wrap? the wraps call for basically 3 cups of veg--2 green leaf and 1 tier appropriate. Then I add a small salad--usually about 1.5 cups greens with a tomato and maybe a sliced mushroom or 2. Drizzle with a tsp of olive oil and a splash of vinegar or lemon juice. Too much veg? or allowable?

TIA!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #69  

Just back from the store,re-suppllied Sonoma food Back on track after all the wine tasting and other unSonoma things I have done. But thats life and if we don't have ups and downs, we don't learn. Take it in your stride and move on.

Lighthouse.........I agree with wish4fit,I did'nt purge my kitchen either because I don't buy the type of foods you are talking about. I am a junk food addict and I certainly would get into everything salty,like potato chips etc. Know your trigger foods and go from there. With children to raise it does make
it more difficult for you. But you can do it! Good luck to you.

Success2..........looks like you're doing great

Here's the menu for today not complete but almost

B...........WG bread,PB,coffee
S...........out shopping missed it
L...........very sm steak,mushrooms,coffee,salad
S...........blueberries
D...........Greek Salad, coffee
S...........rye krisp w wedge of LF cheese

Have a great day,talk with you tomorrow
Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #70  
just a few more...

well still haven't finished the book but I am far enough ahead that I can start, now I just need to go grocery shopping. A lot of hte meals looks really yummy. Until I get organized with my list, I'm just doing Sonoma-like eating. I want to set myself up for total success so I' thinking Day 1 is Monday. I suppose I should go measure my plates now...

Breakfast-2 egg on ww toast, ginormous coffee
Lunch-chicken, black beans, zucchini, fire roasted tomato sauce all cooked together, half a nectarine-I know it's not wave 1 but I haven't officially started yet
Dinner-tae kwon do open house so who knows??? I'll try to hit the veggie platters and stay away from the desert area...

I bought some raw almonds for snacks and have some laughing cows in the fridge
Old 06-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #71  
Angela

hi gals ! Looks like everyone is doing SOOO well!! Awesome!!

2 success - I really have to stick to the plate portions to see how much I can have - I know it's pathetic, but true! It's definitely harder though when you have foods wrapped or stacked, the portions just don't show as well. I'd say if you are more satisfied with a little salad on the side, go for it. It's only lettuce which is nearly zip in calories and it you feel content and are less likely to go grazing later because you are satisfied, then that has to be a good thing!

Well, I am entering a very tough phase right now... I have guests in town until Sunday which means more going out, desserts, etc. Then I am going on vacation for the 4th of July so will be gone Tues - Frid next week and eating out the entire time. The day after I get back I have MORE guests coming to stay. The day AFTER THAT it's my birthday, and 2 days AFTER THAT it's DF's birthday! OH LORD...I am in trouble!!!!

On a good note, my wedding dress came yesterday (thank you e-bay!! ). What's more is I ordered it in a 14 and it's too big so I am having it tailored. COOL!

I am going to stuggle this next 2 weeks, no doubt. My goal is to not gain and if I lose, awesome. If I don't lose though I won't kick myself too much.... I will keep to Sonoma principles, not give up, and be as healthy as I can. I am having birthday cake on my birthday though !

Take care everyone!!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #72  

Hi All,
Can you believe this is going to be short!I am getting ready for the week-end
and just wanted to pop in to say have a safe,healthy and wonderful 4th of July. Going to our girls and celebrate, I know the food will be okay because my younger daughter is doing the preparing and she only eats healthy stuff
See you after the 4th. My breakfast was PB w WG bread.Lunch will be shrimp skampi and after that not sure. Do the best you can and don't sweat the small stuff. There will always be some type of Holidays we have to face but chilling out and doing your best wo stressing will be helpful in the long run. Happy 4th
Old 06-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #73  
just a few more...

awww so is everyone going to be gone for the holiday weekend?? well I shop today and will officially start on Monday. I have 2 birthday parties to hit over the weekend and thought I'd better wait.

I hpe you all have fun!

Wish-I'd love to see your dress. We eloped so I always love to see other's dresses...
Closed Thread