3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sonoma Diet and the Mediterranean Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet-188/)
-   -   Your 5 favorite snacks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet/76252-your-5-favorite-snacks.html)

beaner0620 02-15-2006 06:34 PM

Your 5 favorite snacks

What are your five favorite things to eat/snack on?

I snack on a few things that I shouldnt, but its better than what it used to be.

1. sugar free jello
2. newmansown pretzels (made with wheat not white flour)
3. Brocolli with redpepper, lemon juice and a little feta
4. anthing with feta
5. I eat 2 southbeach diet oatmeal choc chip cookies a day. Its better than cupcakes, but I prob shouldnt have these either.

I look forward to hearing what you ladies are having.

Sabrina

terravita 02-15-2006 10:00 PM

1. My very favorite snack is Kashi TLC crackers, a wedge of Laughing Cow lite cheese spread, and a few grapes. Yum! I have that almost every afternoon at work.

2. Wasa crackers with a bit of peanut butter. Partner says they taste like cardboard, but I like them. Then again, I like rice cakes, too. ;)

3. Yogurt

4. Veggies with hummus or black bean dip

5. Chopped veggie salad, such as a Greek or Turkish salad

Jeri

Ilene 02-15-2006 10:38 PM

Cottage cheese and strawberries with splenda...
KashiGoLean and SF Vanilla PUdding

DeafinlySmart 02-16-2006 08:38 AM

I'm not Sonoma but I'll check in:

1. 1 Fudgecicle
2. Any Fruit
3. Luna Bar-peanut butter cookie is my favorite
4. Ready to eat Sugar Snap Peas
5. a cup or two of brocolli (from frozen)

If you would have asked me a few months ago it would have probably looked like:

1. Any chocolate candy
2. Ice cream
3. Taco Bell
etc...

PhysDom 02-16-2006 10:21 AM

- Wasa or similar cracker with some reduced fat veggie cream cheese or laughing cow wedge and a thin slice of lean deli meat

- Some whole wheat pita/toast with hummus

- RED PEPPERS!!!

Clareh 02-16-2006 01:22 PM

Any kind of pepper with houmous or some laughing cow light cheese.

Wafer thin ham with mustard

Almonds

Cheesecake (oh, sorry- this is things that you CAN eat!) :)

Crunchy green apples

sf40 02-16-2006 01:52 PM

Not in any particular order:

1. Wasa crackers with Laughing Cow Light Mini Babybell cheese
2. Red bell peppers
3. Almost any raw veggie with hummus
4. Almonds
5. Granny smith apple with peanut butter
6. Dark chocolate (once in a while :dizzy: )

wv_lady_us 02-17-2006 11:14 AM

Wow you can have fudge bars on this food plan? Sounds good..barb

LindaT 02-17-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wv_lady_us
Wow you can have fudge bars on this food plan? Sounds good..barb

No you shouldn't have fudge bars on this plan. Keep in mind not everyone who posts in this area is on Sonoma so if you have a question is something is okay on this plan, always ask. :-)

beaner0620 02-17-2006 11:33 AM

i originally posted the first question on here for people that are on the sonoma diet. but everyone is welcome, just tell us what diet you are on.

beaner0620 02-17-2006 11:34 AM

OH, and I am no longer snacking on pretzels, jello or southbeach cookies. I am trying to stick strictly to the diet. I started wave 1 over yesterday. I orig started jan. 3.

gardengate 02-20-2006 03:23 PM

I fill up my little cup with 11 almonds and keep them by my desk and snack on them as needed. I find on this diet that works for me, Im not that hungry so do not need to snack like I used to.

BostonGal27 02-20-2006 04:12 PM

I also feel like I don't need to snack as much as I used to. By the time I'm hungry again, it's usually meal time anyways so I just eat my next meal.

But I do get hungry once in a while, usually after dinner or between breakfast and lunch. I'm not allowed to have much on Wave 1 of the diet so my list is short.

1. celery (sometimes w/ a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese)
2. cucumber sliced reaaaaaally thin
3. peanuts
4. slice of whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter

Looking forward to having my wasa crackers w/ LC cheese back!! I also bought a bag of individually wrapped Lindt dark chocolate for easy portion control when I go into Wave 2 (going to be having that my first day!)