Old 02-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #1  

Default I don't understand???

I thought that whole wheat flour was what we needed when it comes to bread ingredients. Now I am really confused because someone told me today that that is not what you want. I thought that whole just had to be the first word on the ingredients. Anyone know the answer to this???
jazz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Did that person tell you what it was that you needed? Maybe that person is confused themself. I don't do the Sonoma Diet or anything. But as far as what's best for breads, whole wheat is what you wanna look for in the ingredients and a lack of the words, enriched and bleached. I will definitely be checking back to see if there's something I am missing to.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Jazz.. A lot of breads are labeled whole wheat.. you want to look for labels that say stone ground or whole grain.. then you can be sure of what your getting, I look for breads that have atleast 5 grams of fiber... Roman Meal makes several and they are delicious....
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #4  

Jazz,, The pull out cards list Whole grain bread. Just saying wheat alone is not enough. The word whole does need to be there. 100% whole wheat is what you really want to look for. Get breads with at least 2 g fiber per slice... more is better of course.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 AM   #5  
looking for size 12!

lots of breads are whole wheat.. no white flour. The whole refers to only wheat flour. But whole wheat flour, unless it's labled as unbromated or whole grain, still has the outer layers removed before grinding... hence less fiber and fewer nutrients.

Kristina
newmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone for you input. I really appreciate it.
jazz4 is offline   Reply With Quote