Always shocked this diet (lifestyle) isn't more popular!

• When I first read the book years ago, I thought it was brilliant! I ignored Wave 1, because I needed my fruit...but the concept of the book is great! It really teaches flavorful cooking. I see so many people on fad diets, but this one that promotes healthy eating just doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.

I'm a person that needs that constant chit chat about dieting... but there's just never enough people to discuss with and I find myself falling off the wagon too often.

In any case, for those doing this plan, I say Kudos! It really is great and I wish this forum were more active.
  • I agree! I love eating like this, but I had to join a broader range of forums in order to connect with more people on 3FC. I think this way of eating is perfect in terms of life-long healthy food choices. The fads are about getting weight off "magically". Most people don't think about the lifetime commitment to healthy eating.
  • I agree! I lost 15 pounds last summer and I enjoyed plenty of good food, and I even cheated and ate all the fruit I wanted. I would check this board and it was relatively quiet. I found a good place is the Chicks Up For a Challege board. I have joined a couple of monthly exercise challenges and I find the group support is very nice there.

I have gained 5 pounds since the end of summer, and I am going to go back on my modified Sonoma plan. And I got the "New" book at the library book sale! I love to read it for motivation. Got a new two-cup bowl at Dollar Tree, and a pretty plate at the thrift shop. I have stocked up on carrots, squash, zucchini, and onions, and a new bottle of olive oil, and fresh strawberries.

Good luck to us all!

Annie