Old 09-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #1  

Default Sonoma/Mediterranean weekly thread - 19 to 25 September

Another bad day for me yesterday - I was feeling really down and craving chocolate brazil nuts (good for depression because of the selenium, so maybe that's why) and ended up eating about two weeks' worth at once. Didn't have any other snacks, though:

B: Ww pancakes, veggie sausages, banana
L: Tomato and kidney bean soup with ww croutons
S: 6 dark chocolate brazil nuts
D: Tofu with mushrooms and brown rice
Exercise: 1 hr walking

Today was better:

B: Ww bagel, peanut butter, banana
L: Salad bar, ww bread, apple
D: Hummus, raw veggies, ww crackers, smoothie instead of my usual grape juice
S: Ww crackers, mini goat cheese babybel
Exercise: 1 hr 10 mins walking, 15 mins yoga
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3"

Sorry I've been away for a little while, I needed to get my head together. Pilgrim, I'm so sorry you've been sad about your son going away to school. I know that it's hard, but you're going to get through it.

B: Kashi waffle w/ agave nectar
L: pb&j on ww, sunchips
S: Kashi bar
D: grilled chicken breast or maybe roast beef, broccoli, turnip greens
CPTSayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'6"

Pilgrim, that must be really hard. Is he close enough that you/he can visit during term time?

This was yesterday for me:
B: 2 slices multigrain bread w LF cream cheese
L: (restaurant) - small plate of thai tofu spaghetti, mixed greens salad
S: spinach salad
D: tomato soup w wild/brown rice, baguette, 1 glass red wine

Exercise: Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown

Last edited by gardenermom; 09-20-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: forgot to add my exercise!
gardenermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #4  

Thanks, Gardenermom. He's about 2 hrs away by car or slightly longer by train. I don't think he'll be coming home at weekends much, but he'll probably come home in reading week, which I think is early November.

Yesterday:
B: Ww bagel w/peanut butter; banana
L: Salad bar, 1 sl ww bread, apple
S: WW crackers, mini goat cheese babybel
D: Ww pasta w/chestnuts, green onions, garlic, peppers, goat's cheese; grape juice
S: 1 dark chocolate brazil nut

Exercise: 30 mins yoga, 50 mins walking
Old 09-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3"

I had a small piece of cake last night at rehearsal. It was pretty gross. Tomorrow is my bday, so I will probably end up having a cupcake at work.

B: Kashi waffle w/ agave nectar
L: ww pb&j, sunchips
S: almonds
D: baked chicken, spinach, brown rice, wine
CPTSayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #6  

Yesterday:

B: 2 slices multigrain bread w LF cream cheese
L: salad bar (greens, cucumber, peppers, chick peas, olives, sunflower seeds)
S: spinach salad with a few soba noodles (made for my kids' dinner) mixed in
D: caramelized onions and roasted tomatoes in a tart made with thin WW/olive oil pastry, more spinach salad, red wine

Exercise: 30 day shred

Sarah, happy birthday tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #7  

I'm finding the "crazy hour" after work/school hard. I pick up my 3 kids after work and we get home around 5 on a good day, 5.30 on a less good day. My goal is to get them set up with homework/computer time/snack for 30 mins while i do a workout, and then to do all the kitchen stuff/make their dinner etc after that. But often they are so hungry that they don't want to wait for dinner, and they just NEED things -- like help with homework, help with a game, or just some mommy-time. So, then I spend some time with them and get their dinner first, and do my workout afterwards around 6.30-7...however, then I'm so much more likely to munch on things in the kitchen before i exercise... there is just so much to get done every evening and adding 30 mins of exercise and trying to not stuff myself with snack things is sometimes really hard!

ANyway, this was yesterday (somehow I havent gained this morning!)

B: oatmeal
L: leftover WW pasta w veggies/tomatoes
S: leftover soba noodles w edamame/carrots (not many noodles, lots of veggies, but still, i didnt need it)...a few chocolate buttons (my mum brought them over for us from england and i find them rather addictive)....1/2 mini quiche that i baked for the kids and they didnt eat...few more choc buttons. Oh dear.
D: zucchini fritters (lovely, and not deep-fried as the name suggests, just pan-fried in a little olive oil), big spinach salad, white wine.

Exercise: JM No More Trouble Zones DVD - 30 mins.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #8  

Hi Gardenermom,

That sounds like a tough schedule. How old are your kids? I think it got easier for me when mine got to about 10 or so - the more able they are to do things for themselves, the more time I get to myself.

Wednesday:
B: Ww bagel, peanut butter, raspberries
L: Quorn steak, bagel, a little ketchup, strawberries
S: Square of cheddar (we ran out of babybels!), ww crackers, grape juice
D: Tofu w/ chillies, celery and spring onions, rice (white, sadly - I was at a friend's house)
Exercise: 40 mins walking

Yesterday:
B: At my friend's house - ww toast, peanut butter, orange juice (no other fruit to hand and I wanted the vitamins)
L: Salad bar, ww bread, banana
S: Goat cheese mini babybel, ww crackers
D: Vegetable stew with buckwheat and spinach mini-muffins, grape juice
Exercise: 1 hr walking

I thought I'd have gained after the series of off-plan days I've had, but actually, I lost 1 lb. Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but I'm not complaining!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #9  

Hi Pilgrim,
Glad to see you are still doing well and still losing! The buckwheat and spinach muffins sound super. How is your son settling in at uni?

My kids are 7, 5 and just over 1. My 5-yr old has just started kindergarten in elementary school, and she is really tired and a bit emotional when she gets home so she needs as much mommy-time as she can get at the moment (they go to an afterschool program, and baby is in daycare until i get them around 4.30-5). 7-yr old needs help with homework, and needs LOTS of food! Baby is usually happy to crawl around while I do my workout (as long as he isn't hungry)...and has discovered that its great fun to climb onto my back while I do plank poses, and sit on my tummy while i do crunches. My husband doesnt get home till 7.30-8, so I need to work out a way to fit in my exercises without feeling that i am neglecting my kids...its already a short evening after they have been in daycare/school all day.
Do you have another teenager still at home?

Yesterday was bad, food-wise. My 7-yr old son has signed up for boy scouts (a rather large time committment, not sure how thats going to work out!) so we spent most of the evening at a scouts meeting...and afterwards my husband suggested a chinese takeout and i gladly agreed...

B: oatmeal
L: bean quesedilla from work cafe
S: peas
D: takeout veggie-fried rice, wine

Sarah, hope you had a great birthday!