3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sonoma Diet and the Mediterranean Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet-188/)
-   -   Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread Mar 08-v15, 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet/196183-sonoma-mediterranean-weekly-thread-mar-08-v15-2010-a.html)

CardboardCutoutCat 03-08-2010 05:06 AM

Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread Mar 08-v15, 2010

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new week :D

Good luck girls!

CardboardCutoutCat 03-08-2010 05:21 AM

I would be thrilled to lose 2-3lbs this week so my aim is not to drink any alcohol. It really throws me off. I'm on night shifts from tonight for the next four nights so it's the weekend that will be a struggle, especially since my boyfriend is flying home to Sardinia on Monday so he will probably want to go for dinner and drinks somewhere but I'll be putting the foot down and telling him to save his money for his holiday. We can prepare a nice dinner at home and not have a drink instead. In any case I'll be busy all weekend getting the house ready for Mum's 2 week visit from Ireland on Tuesday week.

I need to do a food shop today so I'll update later with my menu..

CPTSayrah 03-08-2010 08:14 AM

haha, you've got 2-3 pounds in the bag...maybe even 4 without the alcohol! alcohol really gets in my way too...even if I have good intentions, once I start drinking, refined carbs start to look really good. If I'm drinking beer, it's definitely over. No alcohol for me this week either then...we'll do it together.

Today:

B: 2 boiled eggs w. WW toast and a banana
L: PBJ on WW w/ triscuit
D: Grilled chicken breast w/ brown rice and spinach

Exercise: walk/run intervals for 30 minutes, walk the dog this afternoon

Zofia 03-08-2010 10:26 AM

Wave 1 for 10 days, lets see if I can loose my 6 pounds WOOHOO

:carrot:

B: 2 eggs, 1 toast
L: green veggie soup with shrimps
D: Salad with chicken

Exercise: 30 mins of cardio 30 mins of strenght training

CardboardCutoutCat 03-08-2010 03:15 PM

Ahh great! Glad you'll be joining me for Sobreity week :)

Here's tonights - Didn't manage to get food shopping today as there's storms so I had to get inventive with cupboard ingredients

Lentil & Veg sausage curry
Bowl fruit and fibre, low fat yoghurt
Ryvita and houmous
2 apples

1 hour wii

ping 03-08-2010 04:14 PM

Since I have been stuck with a 1 pound loss for a month, I am going to try NO SUGAR for a week and see if that doesn't do something. I am, however, not a martyr and will not be giving up my daily wine but I will pray for the teetotalers. Spent 4 hours pruning apples trees (THE SNOW IS MELTING!!) and counted that as my exercise.
b egg
l chicken breast w/green beans
d smoothie with wine for dessert

CPTSayrah 03-09-2010 07:46 AM

haha, ping we're only going to be teetotalers for a week! we'll get through it, and hopefully it won't even be that hard. I can do it if I think about the cost. I haven't bought wine in 2 weeks at the store and my grocery bill has been about 40 dollars cheaper this month so far than normal....I'm a cheapskate, lol :wave: Zofia, good luck with the six lbs and with wave 1 again....I haven't been on the scale since thursday, and I actually feel really good about it. Sarah, what is ryvita? and while we're at it, what is paracetomol? Also, where do you find canned lentils?

Today:

B: steel cut oatmeal done in the crockpot
L: half of a club sandwich on WW
D: probably a grilled chicken wrap

Exercise: NYC Ballet Workout :woohoo:

Zofia 03-09-2010 09:48 AM

Well yesterday was FAIL, so lets not do the mistake AGAIN. I made the mistake of weighting myself this morning... friday I was 211, yesterday I was 212 now I am 213. WOAH I need to stop that hahaha

B: granola bar with a sliceo f toast (i was starving O_O)
L: Soup with pieces of chicken
D: Sandwich with brocoli on the side.

Exercise: 45 mins of step.

ping 03-09-2010 10:06 AM

Another sugarless day...AND I am going to my little grandson's birthday party...cake...we'll see...
I'm going to start walking outside again today! It's suppose to be 57 degrees!!
b egg
l tuna salad w/rye
d salad ONE piece of pizza and.... cake???

ping 03-09-2010 10:11 AM

p.s.
Zofia! what a bummer!!! I hate days like that!! Today will be better and maybe tomorrow it will be WAY down!! (I tend to think that scales are schizophrenic anyway and just sometimes like to see the look on our faces)

Zofia 03-09-2010 10:28 AM

LOL I agree!!

I also think it is related to water retention. I havent been to the gym much because I was too busy and I have been eting too much salt so I decided to not weight myself util next tuesday and see is that helps!

I just really want to be 205 to go on my trip but I am thinking it is being a little NOT reasonable.

:/

CardboardCutoutCat 03-09-2010 01:31 PM

Ryvita - http://www.internaturalfoods.com/INF...flowerFull.jpg

Paracetomol are headache tablets! Dunno what the US equivalent is :) Aspirin maybe? I think I said 'pass the paracetomol' one morning I had a really bad hangover! So glad there will be no hangovers this week..

Canned lentils - you should be able to find them in the canned legumes section in your supermarket, next to beans and chickpeas etc. Hope you manage to find them! I like the canned ones because they are already cooked and just need to be washed, and then they can be thrown into any recipe. They're great for a protein fix.

Here's mine for tonight -
Toasted ww sandwich with light cheese and tomato
Rocket, tomato, pear and parmesan salad
Toasted ww sandwich with light cheese and tomato
Bowl 'nut flakers' (like fruit and fibre) and a low fat yoghurt

1 hour wii. My muscles are KILLING me. Using a new wii program now called EA personal trainer and it's a much tougher workout than wii fit. I'm doing a 30 day challenge thing on it where you do 4 programmed workouts a week for a month. Tomorrow is a rest day thank god, so my muscles can relax.

Sarah - what's the NYC ballet workout? That sounds interesting and something I might want to try in the future.

Zofia - Good luck, you can do it no probs. Just keep Scotland at the forefront of your mind.

Ping - Enjoy the party!

petra65 03-09-2010 07:54 PM

Hi ladies. I haven't been here for awhile but have been posting on the 40 somethings. I think paracetamol is like tylenol? aspirin is salicylate. I've been sick today and my eating has not been great cause I haven't really wanted to cook.

B:1 slice french toast made with homemade whole grain bread, maple syrup, sugar free latte
L: peanut butter and dark chocolate (this is as pathetic as it gets but I didn't have to cook it)
D: 2 eggs fried, 1 slice homemade whole grain toast.

CardboardCutoutCat 03-09-2010 07:59 PM

Ahh Mary, I missed you on the Med thread!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

And now I have a craving for peanut butter and dark chocolate :)
Just as well it's 2am here !

Sarah

CPTSayrah 03-10-2010 07:46 AM

Hi Petra, welcome back :wave: I'm supposed to be running right now, but I feel like crap...People at work have come down with a cold, so thats probably what it is. I HATE being sick :( Sarah, the NYC Ballet workout came out in like 2004 or 2005. Its two dvds and they do some floor movement, but a lot of it is in a floor barre format. There is a lot of stretching...it definitely will make you more flexible. My favorite part is the ab work...my abs are killing me today and I can't ever get all the way through that whole section. Its a good workout, the dancers make it look really easy but it isn't. I like it, and it was filmed right here in my hometown, which is cool. http://www.amazon.com/New-York-City-...8225001&sr=8-1
Today:

B: leftover oatmeal with sugarfree maple syrup
L: PBJ on WW w/ Triscuits
D: Baked Chicken w/ spinach and brown rice

Exercise: uhhh, maybe not