Old 03-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Morning!
b shredded wheat and skim milk
l veg sandwich
s I have a new cookbook, How to Roast a Lamb,(my sheep are all nervous-not to worry, they are pets), also got, the Mediterranean Table, which sounds more reasonable so I'll probably pick something out of there, Tuscan Chicken looks Sonoma friendly.
Planning on a LONG walk today
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #17  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

That is it... my worst nightmare!
As some of you know I started ot take the pill 3 weeks ago. My doctor warned me I might gain weight from it... monday, although it was not the best day, I did not cheat that much. yesterday was really good and did not cheat.. but horror this morning, I gain one more pound AGAIn!

I am freaking out as I certainly cannot cut more food or exercise any more then what I am already doing.. I am depressed to the max and realize I will not reach my march goal.

This sucks and I hate my body right now.. I give up loosing any pounds by my trip. I just want to stop the weight gain!

*rage*

Last edited by Zofia; 03-10-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #18  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Zofia, keep up the good work and you might see a whoosh of weight loss next week. Chin up.

Sarah thanks for the info on the dvd, I'm definitely going to look into getting that in a couple months when I fancy a change. Hope you feel better soon

Ping, good luck with the recipes!

Here's tonights, no particular order as it's another night shift -
Stir fry spicy vegetables, pear
Bowl fruit and fibre
Stir fry spicy vegetables
Bowl fruit and fibre, low fat yoghurt

No exercise as I'm doing a 30 day challenge on EA trainer and today is a 'rest day' which I am glad of because my leg and feet muscles are killing me.

I'll be glad to get off these night shifts and back to normal hours..

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 03-10-2010 at 01:58 PM.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #19  
Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'9"

**please ignore my own idiocy because i posted this in the wrong week's thread, DOH**

hi all, i'm posting here because i'm going to be embarking on the mediterranean diet adventure, in fact i've kinda already started. i need some place to keep myself accountable and i've been reading all these posts and i'm really excited!

here's what i've eaten today:

breakfast: coffee and kashi bar, low fat yogurt
lunch: salad w/ onion, celery, spinach and grilled whitefish, also diet coke (i'm a pop addict, so sad)
snack: one, and i mean ONE hershey kiss, lol.
dinner: going out with the bf, but luckily the place we're going has tons of options and many healthy ones including a grilled vega pita with feta on it. wahoo!

i'm trying to lose 30 pounds and i hate diets with a vehement passion so i hope this new way of eating really works, thanks in advance for letting me post here and share my food activity.
geewhizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome geewhizkid I just ate fried pickles. Now I'm trying to figure out if they are as bad as I think they are. I mean, the pickles themselves don't have any calories, but I wonder what the calorie count would be since they've been fried...just looked it up. 210. oh well. Try again tomorrow. OOoh Sarah, I was just watching a pretty bad movie called Lost in Austen and the main character had paracetomols and I felt informed.
CPTSayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #21  
Sarah

Fried pickles sound AWESOME. Once again, thank god its 2.39am and everywhere is closed. Paracetomols! Lol! See, you learn something new everyday

Welcome geewhizkid Nice to have another poster in our little gang. You and I are trying to lose a similar amount. Good luck!

Sarah
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Sayrah-you certainly are the southern belle. As they say here in Mississippi: "if it ain't fried, it ain't food" They eat things fried I never imagined! Fried bologna, fried pickles, fried okra. Who ever imagined this stuff? As I didn't grown up here, this stuff is not part of my cuisine. I don't even like catfish and I live in the catfish capital of the world.

I went to work today but the problem with being sick yesterday was I didn't cook anything so I didn't have any leftovers to take for lunch.
B: steel cut oatmeal with some honey, walnuts, raisins, sugar free latte
L:6 inch italian sub from Lenny's (anyone else have Lenny's?)
D: greek chicken and barley salad with glass of white merlot.
The amazing thing about this is I didn't really blow any calorie budget cause I didn't snack and breakfast and dinner were totally on plan. And now that I made that salad for dinner I'll have some good leftovers for the rest of the week.

Welcom geewhizkid. This is a nice group.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3"

Petra, born and raised Fried pickles are new for me though, this is my second time eating them, but I am in love with it. Sarah, they are as good as you think! Never had fried bologne (unless a fried hotdog counts?) but IMHO fried is the only way that okra is meant to be eaten UNLESS it is in a gumbo. My mom likes to stew it, and it is slimy and disgusting...the dog won't even eat it, and he likes brussel sprouts. I have to tell you though, you are missing out on catfish. I had it grilled last week and it was delicious. I like it better that way than fried. Well, today was weigh in day. Scale says up two pounds but I'm hoping its muscle? NSV was that last night I put on a pair of jeans that had been too tight (like cutting off circulation too tight) and they were loose! I wish I had measured at the beginning so that I would know how much those numbers had changed. Oh well, the scale number isn't bothering me too much...I look slimmer. Oh, Zofia...have you thought about going on an alternative to the pill? Everytime I've been on an oral contraceptive I've gained weight, but when I went on the NUVA ring I actually lost weight...a lot of it. Maybe its something to try?

Today:

B: Oatmeal w/ peanut butter and maple syrup
L: PBJ on WW
D: No idea, I have three lessons to teach today and that is normally a recipe for dinner disaster, so probably going out somewhere

Exercise: off day, raining and no time for it, I'll get it in tomorrow
CPTSayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #24  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Ive considered it. I will wait until I come back from Scotland and see if I could change. I decided not to weight myself until monday and I continue eating healthy and going ot the gym. If I loose good if I dont im alright..
I dont want to start freaking out over 7 pounds really. WHO CARES, im gonna have a blast and will walk so much I will probably come back lighter hahaha

And you know, this morning I didnt weight myself but I tried some pants on that were super tight and they were not as tight.. so I am thinking the scale is LYING TO ME hahaha could be water retention and muscle mass.

B:Granola bar
L: Salad with 2 eggs
D: Not sure yet.. maybe spaguetti meat balls, maybe fish... meh

Exercise: 45 mins step

Edit:I just realized I drank 6 L of water yesterday but barely went to the washroom. I am definately retaining water.. but I am so thirsty all the time!!! I feel dehydrated and drink water liek ther eis no tomorrow!

I will cut the salt... no more pickles I also read tat citrus fruits help. I will eat clementines hahah

Last edited by Zofia; 03-11-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #25  
Sarah

Last night shift, woooopaaaaaaaa

Here's tonights -
Stir fry veg with brown rice
Rocket and parmesan salad
Stir fry veg with brown rice
Bowl of all bran and low fat yoghurt
Pear

20 mins wii
Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Good afternoon!
The Tuscan Chicken was reaaaallllllyyy good!
b not hungry (shock)
l chicken sandwich/cabbage salad
d probably shredded wheat/skim milk (with wine???)

Welcome Geewhizkid! I hate dieting too! It's been about 15 years since I dieted seriously and I am having trouble not cheating but this thread is helping me---THANKS EVERYONE!!!
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #27  
Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'9"

happy thursday everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes.

well today has been interesting. packed a wonderful lunch with an arugula, olive & feta salad and left it on the counter at home. DOH.

breakfast: whole wheat rice cake & pb, black coffee
lunch:chicken & zucchini wrap w/ pesto vinagarette dip
dinner: i'm going home and eating my packed lunch so arugula salad w/ feta and olives, yogurt, and maybe a glass of wine.

all this fried food talk is awesomely destructive and fun. fried fish is sooooo good. fried pickles-- now there's something i could get down on.

in my version of dietary heaven there be the fried fish and beer diet. high in omega 3s, deliciousness, and fun...

have a good day all.
geewhizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #28  
Sarah

Oh no! That's so gutting! At least you can have it for dinner and you still had a healthy lunch. If I forget my lunch the only two places open near me are a chicken take away called 'chick king' which is VILE and anyway I don't eat meat, and a local pastizzeria, where I am faced with exactly this -

http://m0.11870.com/multimedia/image...a3da9feef.jpeg

And believe you me, everything behind that counter tastes so amazingly-fatteningly-3lbsgainedinonedayIngly good. So it's so beyond imperative for me that I come to work prepared!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I have to say that even if I forget my lunch I have lots of choices-some healthy and some not so healthy including the hospital cafeteria but I try to take my lunch most days. Today was the best day of eating I've had in a while. I think posting my menu here is probably good for me. I think I should make it a habit again.

B: smoothie with greek yogurt, banana, frozen berries, whey protein and davnici sugar free syrup, sugar free latte
L: Greek chicken and barley salad, 2 tangerines
D: whole grain rotini with chickpeas, feta, and tomatoes, glass of white merlot
I could even afford dessert tonight if I wanted it.

Haven't felt up to exercise again just yet. Sarah, how is the EA Sport video coming? Been looking for an update.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #30  
Sarah

It's definitely harder than wii fit plus, but harder in a good way, if you know what I mean.. like my muscles are aching, muscles that I didn't feel were being exercised before. After the first two days my legs were in agony, from the lunges and jumps and stuff, but I heard others saying the exact same thing so I knew it was normal. I really feel like the bicep curls and shoulder raises etc with the rubber resistance band are going to be effective.

At the moment I'm doing this 30 day challenge on it, it's preset workouts for 30 days, focusing on lower body one day, upper body the next, and rest days - I think two rest days a week but not sure. So I did two days then rest day was yesterday and then back on it today. I hurt my foot today doing the running warm up, I think I wasn't wearing the proper shoes so I hope my foot feels better by tomorrow afternoon because apparently the next workout is going to be all about jumps and lunges and I don't want to miss a day.

So far I recommend it. It wasn't expensive (25 euro) so even if you weren't a fan it wouldn't be a huge rip off, but I think you would like it.. You should give it a try next time you fancy a change. But I think you have loads of games at the moment so that mightn't be for a while!

I'll keep you posted on it anyway