Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #1  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Default Feb 8-Feb 15, 2010 Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread

New week!

Lets stay on track! I havent lost much but I havent gain either which is half the battle.

Today
B: english muffin with light cream cheese
L: korma chicken with veggies
D: Stir fry of chicken with basmati rice.

Exercise: 45 mins of step, 10 mins of weights.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3"

So, I am new to this but my husband and I have just started back on the Sonoma Diet. I had done it before and lost 20 lbs. but have gained about 12 lbs. back over the past couple of years. My husband has about 80 lbs. to lose, and has never been successful losing weight, so we are doing this together. He has lost 5 lbs. so far! Anyway, I think that maybe posting on here will help me be more successful, so here goes:

B: Whole Wheat Toast w/ Peanut Butter (We were out of cereal)
L: PBJ on Whole Wheat with no sugar added Blackberry Preserves and
a couple of Triscuits
S: A handful of almonds
D: A Grilled Chicken breast with cooked spinach and either squash or some
rice.
CPTSayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Hello!

I'm back after a 16 day holiday. Mum was visiting from Ireland as she's just finished all her breast cancer treatments so I don't even need to tell you that we were celebrating! Lots of food and plenty of wine but sadly one cannot live like that forever, *sigh....

Anyway, starting back on the healthy eating from tomorrow and did my first workout on the wii fit tonight, which I love. Proper eating starts again from tomorrow but in the spirit of beginning at the beginning of the week I'll post todays

B: Banana and apple
S: Aero
L: Wholemeal baguette with tomato, mozarella, and olive tapenade
S: Packet of yoghurt fruit and nuts
D: Ricotta Qassatat (This is a very common hot maltese snack, its a fist sized pastry filled with ricotta. They are amazing but I can only imagine the amount of calories they must have)

So... not the best eating day but could have been a zillion times worse I suppose.. back on the wagon tomorrow !

Good luck girls for the week X
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #4  

Well, we ended up not eating at home tonight and went to the Macaroni Grill instead. I had chicken and vegetables skewered on rosemary and he had a piece of grilled salmon with asparagus and broccoli. So, I think we did fairly well, not as well as we would have at home though, because we ate the rosemary foccacia. We also both had a glass of wine. Mine was Sauvignon Blanc and he had a Reisling I just hard boiled a dozen eggs though for breakfast for the rest of the week and have big plans for my meals tomorrow
Old 02-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #5  

Today:

B: 2 boiled eggs w/ WW toast and apple butter
L: PBJ on WW w/ Blackberry preserves and a few triscuits (i eat this everyday, lol)
S: Almonds
D: WW rotini pasta w/ tomato basil sauce that I'm going to add spinach to, w/ parmesan cheese, and a glass of wine.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hello!
Don't know if I am responding correctly as I am not internet savy but here goes:
I am looking for some support with the Sonoma Diet. My weight has been creeping up the past few years since menopause and I need to knock off a few pounds and keep it there. I found this posting while carusing the internet and you all seem like a happy bunch using this diet. Hope I can be an encouragement to someone as I look for advice!
I started the diet about 2 weeks ago and have lost 1 pound but I cheat alot--am having trouble with portion control.
I noticed that some use the sonoma mixed with the mediterranean--any books on that?
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Hi ping, welcome and good luck.
I believe there are a few good books on Sonoma and on Mediterranean, you should hunt around online and see what you can find or maybe some of the other girls here can recommend good books. I loosely follow the Meditteranean plan and I don't follow Sonoma but I think the others here do follow the Sonoma plan.

Here's my menu for today
B: Bowl Allbran with skimmed milk
L: Subway veggie delight
S: Fruit cup with 2/3 tbsp custard
S: 2 small pears and a mandarin orange

Exercise - 1 hour on the wii

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 02-09-2010 at 05:54 PM.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #8  

Thank you Cardboard cutout cat!
I had a good day
B Shredded wheat and skim milk
L Salsa beef and whole wheat breat
D two glasses local red wine---not hungry! We are snowed in here and did not get much exercise
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #9  

Hi Ping!

I'm new to this forum thing too, so hopefully we will both find what we are looking for here! I haven't lost any weight this week. I'm recovering from a weekend where I went off plan and ate cheesesteaks and drank beer, which was a lot of fun while it was happening but I definitely regret doing it since I had lost 5 lbs. but then gained 2 back. Oh well, I can see my body changing even though the number isn't. Well, I will be good again today!

B: WW toast and 2 boiled eggs
L: PBJ on WW
D: Grilled Chicken Breast, Whole grain pasta and Spinach.

Strong will to everyone!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #10  

Woohoo! I lost 2 lbs! I love this diet...if you do it and really follow it, it's like the weight just melts off, without even a whole lot of effort. I mean, I've enjoyed everything I've eaten since we started

So, today:

B: 2 boiled eggs and WW toast
L: PBJ on WW, maybe some triscuits
S: some almonds
D: Broiled lemmon pepper chx breast w/ brown rice and a TON of broccolli

Ping, which foods are you having trouble with the portion control?

Sarah
Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #11  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

I agree, I love this diet too! If I was a little bit more in control I would of lost everything by now..

the book says during wave 2 you should be loosing about 2 pounds a week. If I do week 2 properly, after wave 1 I keep loosing 4-5 pounds a week. Its insane. This week I just kept cheatin with little bit more fat and more carbs and I still manage to loose 2 pounds since monday. And I mean its not water loss since ive been drinking water everyday like 6 bottles.

Today:
B: Granola bar and a banana
L: Scallops and mushrooms with a bocoli soup
D: Beef stew with a cup of ww noodles.

Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #12  

Hello!
Welllllll........ yesterday's menu was:
B cereal and milk
L Chicken rice soup (with a little sherry added--it was a little blah and I am helping my daughter who just had a baby and her three other boys all under 4 years old--need I say more?)
D Mash potatoes, gravy, dressing, beef---ACKKKK!What is wrong with me!! Of course I am up a pound but! I do not despair as I use to--your entries help me remember we are human AND I am eating better than I use to.
Thanks for being there!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #13  

Sarah
I forgot to answer you---I am having trouble with breads and I stay up late and read and get into potato chips
Old 02-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #14  

Today:

B: 2 eggs w/ WW toast AND a cup of milk...woot for fridays
L: Either a salad w/ sliced chicken on top or, you guessed it, PBJ
D: Grilled Chicken w. veggies, or if we go out w/ my parents Broiled fish w. veggies. Maybe some rice.

I live on the coast of North Carolina and it is going to SNOW tomorrow This literally happens once every 20 years, and I was 4 the last time so I'm excited.
Ping, with the bread you have to just get to the point where you like the taste of wheat bread better. I used to only eat white and now, it just feels like empty fluff that sticks to the top of my mouth...it is harder to have control in restaurants though than at home. With the potato chips, just throw them out and replace them with something better for you. The farmer who runs our local CSA told me to try this with kale:
Wash kale and spread on cookie sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and tamari and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. They should be crisp and lightly browned.
The other thing I do with snacks is to impose some sort of limit on my intake of them. My favorite snack is triscuits with a laughing cow wedge spread over them. I say I'm going to eat this but I'm only going to have one wedge, but once the wedge is gone, I'm not eating any more triscuits either. It normally works out for me that a wedge covers 6 triscuits, which just happens to be a serving. The other thing you could do if you don't want to give up the potato chips is to just take the serving that you want out of the bag, leave the bag in the kitchen, and take your bowl or plate with you wherever you go to read. Anyway that is what I would try. Sorry this was so long, but I hope it helps.

Last edited by CPTSayrah; 02-12-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #15  

Bless you Sarah--the kale recipe sounds great!
I'll probably just throw the potato chips out (or just not buy any as I have eaten them all anyway) because I do not trust myself (yet) to stop at one serving.
I do eat ww bread, its just that I REALLY like it and want to eat two pieces instead of one--carbs seem to slow my weight loss down and that is what I crave.
B cereal and milk
L meeting a friend for Thai-planning on eating half and asking for box
D will eat the other half
Hey! Enjoy your snow! I live in Ohio and we have been blessed with alot this year. Just be careful driving--last year my husband and I went thru Alabama which was experiencing it's first snow fall in 40 years and cars were shooting off the interstate like pin balls because they weren't use to driving on ice!!