Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread Nov 30-Dec 6, 2009

Sorry I forgot to do this this morning ladies. I've been on call since Thanksgiving and I'm beat.

B: Irish oatmeal, honey, walnuts, raisins, low fat milk, sugar free latte
L: turkey enchilada, tossed salad with raspberry vinaigrette
D: balsamic pork chop, zucchini, mixed grains (without the cashews), low carb hot chocolate. Will probably have another pear half before I go to bed tonight.

I can't wait until call is over on Thurs.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #2  

Here's my yesterday.

B: Canadian bacon and egg pita pocket, sugar free latte
L: turkey enchilada, zucchini
D: balsamic pork chop, mixed grains, broccoli, low carb hot chocolate, poached pear in red wine sauce

How's every one else doing this week.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #3  

Am I the only one still posting my food?

B: irish oatmeal, honey, walnuts, raisins, low fat milk, sugar free latte
L: steak and blue cheese salad with balsamic vinaigrette
D: greek yogurt with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, and homemade granola, low carb hot chocolate.

This was a nice low calorie day but I didn't make my 3 servings of vegetables today.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #4  

Well, I am trying to follow the menus in the book for wave one. Except for the fish. I do not do swimmy things.

So today (my first day on Sonoma)
bf: eggs, toast
lunch: greek salad with chicken instead of shrimp, pumpernickel
dinner: chicken with veggies and a slice of pumpernickel
snack: 1 almond huge snack, eh?

I am waaaaaaaaaaaay behind with my water though. And I had a cup of irresponsibly strong coffee , errrrr, very tall cup.
dianad11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #5  

Diane-I don't think the coffee is a problem as long as you don't put sugar in it. I have a sugar free latte every morning. That is non-negotiable for me. Funny you don't eat fish. I'm trying to eat more fish, and vegetarian dishes, LOL. You can certainly do this any way that works for you. I plan to start eating game meat so my menus are going to get really interesting in the next couple of months. Normally, other people post their menus too. Don't know where they have been lately.

B: smoothie with greek yogurt, whey protein, frozen berries, banana sugar free latte
L: turkey enchilada, zucchini
D: cold sesame noodles with chicken and cucumbers, glass of chardonnay, low carb hot chocolate
Old 12-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #6  

I like steamed chicken and prime rib and rib eye and smoked pork ribs drowning in brown sugar based sauce. Other meats don't seem to appeal to me all that much. Don't see that in my near future. LOL Fortunately that is a summer grilling thing for me so I hopefully will not be tempted until April or May with the scent of the grilling ribs. By then I should be able to make responsible eating choices and control myself, right? (Says the foodaholic....)

I could double the amount of veggies though. Love those.

I agree, taking my coffee away is non-negotiable. Not gonna happen. I do like it black though. And very strong.

I am sure people are running on empty with busy schedules with the holidays and everything going on. Things will pick up soon enough. Right?

I can not believe I am going to lose weight eating this way. I feel guilty every time I eat any sort of bread or meat. Incredible. Did you all lose weight the first ten days? Really, I can help but feel guilty. I must equate dieting with suffering. But this is not a "diet", it is a style of eating. And a very tasty one.

Can't wait until I can have yogurt with fruit, too. Sounds so yummy to me right now. Course, so does a glass of wine.

A part of me wants to get on the scale and see what is going on , ounce by ounce. The practical side of me says to stay away from my arch enemy - that darn scale. I know if it does not move fast enough I will soothe myself with like a GIANT bowl of something not so good. Or maybe even several bowls. For several weeks. Sigh. And right now I am about to get TOM, so I am sure to be disappointed if I get on that thing. I want to look nice for my sons graduation in May though, so I have to behave myself.

Ok, todays menu:

bf: scrambled eggs - 1 whole and 3 whites added, 1 piece pumpernickel

lu: chicken and black bean wrap, spinach, balsamic vinegar, 1 almond, 1 pecan - did not finish salad because the cat leaped up and landed smack in the middle of my salad. grrrrr. He is banished to the outdoors for the remainder of the day. May change tonights menu to roasted feline.

di: marinated flank steak, roasted veggies, feta cheese (sans cat, of course)

Staying away from the snacks for now. And trying to drink my 8 glasses of water.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #7  

There are usually about 4 people who post their menus here so I'm not sure where they have been. Anyway, I'm glad you're here. Looks like you are off to a good start. I don't feel deprived eating this way and that is the best part of it. It is part of the reason I know I can do this forever. It's just a matter of having the discipline. Took me a while to figure out how to do the menu planning and fit the cooking in but I now enjoy it. This is definately becoming my lifestyle. A little heavy on the japanese food today.

B: irish oatmeal, honey, raisins, walnuts, lowfat milk, sugar free latte
L: cold sesame noodles with chicken and cucumbers
S: a little fresh fruit at a baby shower
D: soy citrus scallops with soba noodles, broccoli, tunisian orange, date and pistachio salad, low carb hot chocolate.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #8  

What is irish oatmeal? Makes me curious. I like oatmeal. Sounds yummy.
Had my breakfast and uber strong mug of coffee so far. I definitely like the food and feel less drained with out the sugar, etc. I have been looking at the med cookbook and a couple of the whole grain bread recipes look fantastic. Maybe next week I will try one.

Today is exercise day. Run/walk.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #9  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Sorry I disappeared off the radar this week.

Here's my menu for today -
B: Wholemeal roll with quorn burger and tomato
Mid morning crap: Packet of skips and a small packet of minstrels, ugh.. then I decided to get myself back on track -
L: Greek Salad
S: Glass of wheatgrass juice
D: Fresh cucumber, apple and lime juice. Homemade tomato and red pepper soup

Will be making a concerted effort for the next few days to eat very healthily and drink lots of green tea and water. Want to get rid of that bloated fat heavy feeling as I went way overboard the past few days

Hoping all are well

Sarah

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 12-05-2009 at 02:09 PM.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #10  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Here's my menu for today -

B: Homemade juice of celery, apple cucumber and lime
L: Bowl homemade tomato soup
D: Bowl cucumber soup
S: 1 more glass of veg juice, 1 glass wheatgrass juice
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote