Old 11-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default New You for the New Year-Sonoma/Med New Year Challenge

This is where we can decide on what you would like to work on for the next month. December tends to be a difficult month for most of us-lots of temptations. Hopefully this will help us stay focused.

I've already posted a goal in the 40 somethings forum and don't want to use the same one here. I have a scale related goal but I'm not sure its realistic so I need to give this a little thought. I'm thinking maybe 3 veggies a day which is still a challenge for me.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #2  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

My challenge:
no sugar(not even natural) no white bread (pasta etc) and one fruit a day until the 25th.
I am starting today.

So kinda wave 1 except my dinner plate which will be similar to the wave 2 one.

If I do that, I should be able to acheive my goal of 215 by christmas.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #3  

Yesterday was Dec. 1. I think I made 3 veggies for the day-a cup of zucchini at lunch and broccoli with dinner which was at least a half cup. Off to a good start.

I have to eat out for lunch today because I go to a nursing home where there is nowhere for me to eat. I typically have a salad so I should be in good shape today too.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #4  
Yay!

Wow I failed miserably bhahahah Yesterday I had pancakes O_O

so yeah my challenge starts today! hihihi

I cant beat myself up. I can only move on.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #5  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

Haha, I had pancakes too yesterday.. chocolate chip! O.o So, all i can do is start over and keep moving on! Hopefully this new year will be looking up for me and my weight loss! hehe
HannahBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #6  

You know what, I don't think I made it today. I had a salad for lunch but I had a breakfast dish for dinner so I had fruit but no veggies. Probably 2 servings of vegetables for lunch but didn't make my 3rd. Looks like we all had a rough day.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #7  
Yay!

Yup! Again I think I have the sugar problem. Im gonna go back to wave 1. yay!

Starting today until next friday I think. Plus its the time of the month and I think I have water retention cause the scale shows up 2 pounds but like I didnt cheat enough to gain 2 pounds.

Oh well!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #8  

I wish I was 6 feet tall.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #9  

Petra, hello again! six feet tall would put me far less overweight. Actually, I would just like to be five foot six. heh.
dianad11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #10  

Zofia is 6 feet tall. Check out her info under her name. I'm 5 feet 4 inches tall.

I got my 3 servings of veggies in today. Yeah!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #11  
Yay!

lol trust me its not always good to be 6 feet tall! but i must say for weight it is good. People dont believe me when I tell them my actual weight. They say i dont look that fat... LOL and its suposed to make me feel better somehow?

peoplle are funny.

Dont worry Petra! When you'll loose all the wight, I will tell you all the bad sides of being 6 feet tall and you'll be SUPER happy to be a little shorter

Did you eat your veggies today? (lol i feel like a mom)

I didnt had sugar yesterday and will surely have none today either. Yesterday I had too many grains so I will have to watch that for the next few days.

So far so good for the new challenge!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #12  

I think everyone is taller than me...heh.
Zofia, to bad we can not split the difference...I am 5'2". Unless I wear VERY tall heels. 5'4" would be good, too. Think I need to use one of those old stretching / torture machines on myself.

Funny, when I was about 19, (I am now 41) people started to tell me that I was intimidating. I laughed so hard. I was really fairly self conscious and reserved. And 95 pounds soaking wet. (ahhhh...those were the days......eat like a fiend and no weight to be gained......now, when I walk thru a kitchen I put on weight from the SCENT of food. ) So when everyone else around me was/is taller, I was puzzled at how often I was told I was intimidating. I think it was because of my eye contact and active listening. I think they were not used to that.

Day 2 for me. Following the menus in the book so hopefully I am getting it right. Although, I opted for balsamic vinegar instead the oil based dressing. I had a chicken and black bean wrap for lunch and I really, really liked it.

Tonight it says marinated flank steak and roasted veggies. I think I am hungry already. Thirsty?

Ok, can not be left out, so......

EAT YOUR VEGGIES!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #13  

Yes, I ate my veggies today-had a salad for lunch and had broccoli with my dinner.

Zofia-I am a sugar addict so i just don't go there. I went to a baby shower this afternoon and when they cut the cake, I left. thinking I can have "a little sugar" is like an alcoholic thinking he or she can have 1 drink. Won't happen. The other thing I've learned is that now that I don't eat sugar, fruit tastes really, really good.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #14  

Yes, I tell my dh "would you offer a recovering alcoholic a drink? NO? Then why do you want me to go to BUFFET with you???" A little bit of misbehaving for me and I am doomed. I have to stay away as well. But I do really like Stevia - the actual fresh/raw/plant kind that I order, not the processed stuff they try to sell here at wally world. Not sure about that stuff. So that helps.

One of my biggest weaknesses is something I detested when I was younger....chips. Any chips. Have not met a chip I do not like. I am trying to replace with kale chips but it is so much easier buying a bag, you know? May as well dump the salt shaker into a bowl of veggie oil and grab a spoon. Sigh.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #15  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

My goal will be weight based, have to get my a** in gear.
I'm going to try to lose 5lbs by the time I fly home for xmas. (19th)
There will be one day in the middle, 12th, where I am at a wedding so that day is my break. From now until then I'm going to follow this plan below fairly similarly (on day 5 I will not be having meat) -
At the end of each of these days I'm hoping I'll be reposting here and saying I followed it! Wish me luck, this one is a toughie.. After last week's overindulgence it's badly needed. My weight this morning was 183.2.

Day 1: Eat only fruit and soup today. As much as you like of both, spaced throughout the day with about six meals to minimize hunger. Do not include bananas in your diet.

Day 2: Eat veggies today, along with the soup. Again, as much as you like in about six meals spaced throughout the day. The veggies may be cooked or raw. Give preference to green leafy veggies if possible. At dinnertime, a treat is allowed in the form of a baked potato with butter.

Day 3: Have all the soup, veggies and fruit that you want but no potato.

After 3 days of this diet, you should be about 5 lbs lighter and can return to moderate helpings of your normal diet. If you have problems with bowel movements, a cup of bran will help.

Day 4: Because your body now requires additional potassium, carbohydrates and calcium, eat at least three bananas throughout the day and drink as much skimmed milk as you want. Also have at least one serving of soup.

Day 5: 10 - 20 oz of meat is allowed - beef, skinless chicken or broiled fish. Not fried. Have up to six tomatoes, along with at least one serving of soup.

Day 6: 10 - 20 oz of meat is allowed - beef or skinless chicken, not fried. Also as many veggies as you want, especially green leafy ones. One or more servings of soup.

Day 7: As much soup as you like. As well, cooked veggies, brown rice and unsweetened fruit juice is permitted.

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 12-06-2009 at 09:30 AM.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote