Old 11-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Sonoma/Med Weekly Thread Nov 2-8, 2009

New week ladies. We seem to be getting into a good groove here. Let's keep it up. Things tend to slow down a bit on this site around the holidays so let's try to stick with it and support each other through the season of eating.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #2  

I forgot to take the leftover candy to work today but I actually completely forgot about it in the other room in my house which is amazing to me. Usually if I have candy in my house it is calling my name. I will make every effort to get it out of here tomorrow before my good luck wears out.

B: Shredded wheat n bran with banana, low fat milk, sugar free latte
L: Wrap made with tandoori chicken, mixed greens, roasted red peppers, yogurt cucumber sauce, apple
S: trail mix
D: ricotta and mint frittata, tossed salad with raspberry vinagrette.

I'm not a big fan of frittatas. This one hasn't changed my mind but it is better than the pineapple-teriyaki beef I made the other night so I'll stick with it for a couple days.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #3  

Hey, where are all my Sonoma/Mediterranean buddies?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Hey Mary,

Not deserting you!! I'm here for the long haul, even if it means confessing to some dreadful diet sins along the way.. Which may include...
Yesterday's menu:
B: Bowl oatmeal, honey and raisins
S: Sunflower seeds and raisins
L: Went out with a friend, Baked potato with curry mayo, bounty and banoffee ice cream
D: Celebratory dinner with boyfriend who got a new job, Risotto with port wine and melon, pint beer.

Tonight will not be much better, am going for dinner with a friend, we planned it ages ago and I'm pretty sure if I backed out he'd kill me. To be honest, this week will not be my most shining of moments, I've already been out for dinner twice, I'm going out tonight, and I'm having friends round for dinner on Thurs.. so the following week will be a detox of sorts.

So far today's menu is -
B: Bowl oatmeal, honey and raisins
S: Sunflower seeds and raisins
L: Bowl oatmeal
D: will update later.

Yeah I'm kinda the same about fritattas, not the most exciting meal, nice to try something different now and then though which is why I made it.. I make some things from a book called Mediterranean Harvest, its a lovely book, its tailored for vegetarians though so no fish or meat recipes. Glad you tried my recipe!!
Here's to a good week!!

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 11-03-2009 at 09:43 AM.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #5  

Hi Sarah. Glad your back. It gets really boring talking to yourself, LOL
I had to go to a social function related to work but I did really well. I had a snack before I went so I wouldn't be hungry and I had a couple carefully chosen hor d'oerve's or however you spell them. I don't think I did any significant damage. Then I came home and had another snack.

B: greek yogurt with raspberries, blueberries and granola, sugar free latte
L: wrap with tandoori chicken, mixed salad greens, roasted red peppers, yogurt cucumber sauce in a whole wheat low carb tortilla, apple
S: trail mix
at the social event-a couple crab stuffed mushroom caps and a little mexican dip with a couple chips
S: slice of whole grain bread with almond butter
Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #6  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Hello! I thought I would join in here as a friend pointed out that I am basically following the Mediterranean diet on my weight loss journey. I have been reading up on this way of eating and I agree that I have been following a self made plan that has a lot of similarities.

I eat mainly fresh veggies and fruit, seafood, yogurt, gluten free grains and pasta, olive oil and spices. I avoid processed foods and I enjoy a couple glasses of wine here and there throughout the month. I am hoping to educate myself more about this form of eating.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #7  

Please feel free to join us Hydra.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #8  

I got thrown a curve ball today but it was my own fault. I go to a nursing home to see patients every Wed. I alternate nursing homes. The one I went to today, I have nowhere to eat so I have to go out for lunch. I usually go to the same restaurant and order the same Greek salad with chicken every time but today I decided to try this new restaurant. From the name it sounded like a Bistro/Bar kind of place........well, it was a mexican restaurant. I tried to limit the damage. I ordered steak fajitas and only ate half of what was served. I tried to estimate what that was in my food journal and it still comes out to about 800 calories! Can you imagine if I ate the whole thing! Holy cow! I won't be going there again.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with canadian bacon, green onions, cheddar cheese in half a pita, sugar free latte
L: the dreaded steak fajitas, rice and beans (I only ate half of these too), unsweet tea
D: smoothie made with greek yogurt, banana, whey protein, frozen mixed berries.

I went to pilates tonight too so hopefully that helped to compensate for the steak fajita fiasco. You know I haven't had wine in several nights. I need to work on that tomorrow!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #9  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I have been reading up on the Sonoma/Med. diet and I like what I see. It is very close to how I am eating. I have been looking through the recipes here and I have amended my grocery list a bit to try some of the chicken and the pasta recipes. I also plan to order The Sonoma Diet book. I found it used online for just a few dollars.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #10  
Sarah

Welcome Hydra!

Yesterday's menu.. slept late so no brekkie -
L: Sliced sweet potato baked in the oven with sweet paprika and olive oil
D: Risotto with mushrooms
about 3 glasses of red.

Tonight I'm cooking dinner for friends here, the menu shouldn't be too damaging, thinking of doing a vegetarian chickpea curry. The visiting couple are bringing dessert and the wife is making it herself so I can't poilitely decline it. Have no idea what it will be but knowing her it will NOT be low cal LOL. Will also have a couple of glasses, probably italian white.. Looking forward to a detox next week, this week I've already gone up a couple of pounds on the scale.

Have a great day!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #11  

Hydra-I think you will like the Sonoma book. It provides a really structured approach to the Mediterranean diet if that is something that would benefit you. How much of what to eat how many times to day, etc.

My scale didn't punish me too badly this morning from the steak fajitas. We are doing a little challenge on the Sonoma site and weigh in on Fridays so we'll see how it looks tomorrow morning. Right now I wouldn't recommend paying for it. Not much going on there.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #12  

Ok. Here's my menu for today.

B: Oatmeal with honey, raisins, walnuts, sugar free latte
L: wrap made with chicken, lettuce, roasted red peppers, yogurt cucumber sauce and a whole wheat low carb tortilla
D: shrimp and pine nut spaghetti, tossed salad with raspberry vinagrette, glass of white zinfindel.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #13  

B: Coco-Wheats with milk, and less sugar than usual, half grapefruit, coffee with 1% milk.

L: leftover lentil-rice-cabbage casserole

S: 1 bite-size Tootsie Roll, 1 Diet Coke, 2 handfuls of trail mix

D: chipotle salad (lettuce, fajita vegetables, black beans, fresh salsa, hot salsa, guacamole), apple

S: glass of pinot gris, 1 disk of Babybel lite cheese

Last edited by Hyacinth; 11-06-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #14  
Sarah

Here's my menu for yesterday -
Had friends coming for dinner, so as you do, spent the whole day cleaning the house and shopping, so basically I never ate all day until I came back.
Early evening - Piece of bread with cheese to stave off hunger while cooking
Dinner - My share of a cheese platter with white bread as starter, main was a very spicy homemade veg curry with white rice.
As predicted, the visiting friends brought a sky high in cals dessert, ricotta cannolis, so had one of those too.
Also had about four glasses of white.

So thankfully any dinners etc that were planned are now all over and I can get back into a normal eating pattern.

Night shifts this weekend, menu for tonight is -
Early evening - Boiled zucchini & Brown rice
S - some almonds
Later on - Fillet of salmon and brown rice
Early morning - Bowl of oatmeal with sultanas.

Will be hammering the green tea and water tonight to try to detox after the last few days' overindulgence!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #15  

Oh, the cannolis! I love cannolis.

B: coco wheats with milk & sugar, coffee with milk
L: panera multi-grain bagel with honey-walnut cream cheese - 450 calories!
S: trick-or-treat sized kit kat, diet coke
D: chana masala tv dinner
S: personal-sized taco-style pizza (homemade - whole wheat pita, tomato sauce, beans, salsa, cheese)

I need more fruits and vegetables today.

Last edited by Hyacinth; 11-07-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote