Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Question Questions about The Sonoma Diet

Hi All. I am ending my first day one the first wave and I was wondering if anyone who is or has gone through the first wave might be willing to answer a few questions? I was sick all weekend before starting The Sonoma Diet, but today I had a headache from mid-morning on and I was wondering if this is normal and will go away soon? I was a little more tired but I figured that was from being sick this weekend. I really wanted my Hubby and I to start as I am fed up with my body and all that junk that we had been eating, so we started today. I have had my 8-8 ounce glasses of water and only my 2 cups of black coffee, and 1 cup caffenine free tea. I am use to having a lot more coffee, but I am trying to follow the wave to the letter. If anyone is willing to share what they have or are going through I would really appreciate it. I enjoyed the new foods today, trying the new foods and recipes and eating healthier. Have a wonderful evening!
Blessings~Linda
StarbucksMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

I did the Sonoma Diet several years ago. I loved it. I am following the principles to this day, but am at a point in my life where I don't follow programs or recipes; rather, I make up meals based on what produce I get from my CSA.

Anyway, I recall a big part of Wave I is to eliminate sugar cravings. Wave I is also very low in daily calories. I know Sonoma Diet focus on plates and portions, not calories, but it is definitely a reduction in calories from what most people are used to.

Without knowing how you ate previously, it's hard to say what might be causing your headache, but the thought that popped into my head is calorie reduction and elimination of sugar from your diet. Those two gave me headaches for several days, but then I felt fine. Also, if you're used to a lot more caffeine, that could be contributing to your headaches. It could be a combination of you getting over your illness and (perhaps) drastically changing the way you eat, along with removing much caffeine and possibly a lot of sugar.

I would say, give it a couple of days and see you you feel. Keep in mind, too, once you get to Wave 2, your calories will increase and that may make a big difference. I just wouldn't let a headache go more than a few days.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the food!

Last edited by sf40; 08-17-2009 at 11:04 PM.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

This has nothing to do with anything, but I always crack up when I hear the words "Sonoma Diet." I grew up in Sonoma, California in the 70s and 80s and my diet pretty much consisted of A&W root beer floats, pizza from Mary's Pizza Shack, 7-11 burritos, and piroshkis from Moosetta's! (Can anyone relate?)
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/174/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Starbucks - I'm on day 9 of Wave 1 and I had the same type of reaction the first couple days - headaches! but also achey muscles and feeling really lethargic. Once it went away, I felt great.
MaryLou2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
This has nothing to do with anything, but I always crack up when I hear the words "Sonoma Diet." I grew up in Sonoma, California in the 70s and 80s and my diet pretty much consisted of A&W root beer floats, pizza from Mary's Pizza Shack, 7-11 burritos, and piroshkis from Moosetta's! (Can anyone relate?)
That's hilarious, Jennelle! What's Sonoma like these days? Did it take a radical turn and become a pillar of healthy living?

StarbucksMom, I have NOT done Wave 1 of the Sonoma diet, but I know if I decreased my caffeine consumption significantly, I would get headaches. Hang in there! I will be joining you soon. I just got the book, but have to travel this weekend to a wedding, so I will start when I return (and finish reading the book).

Good luck to everyone!!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/155/140

Talking Thanks

Good Morning All.
Thanks for the input. As for my former eating habits they were quite bad. I did drink a lot of coffee, eat a good bit of white bread, and used a lot of diet margerines, jams etc. I woke up this morning with a full blown sinus infection so I bet that counts for a good part of the headaches. The way I look at it even if the new lifestlye way of eating is triggering some of my feeling so bad with having a horrible sinus infection at least I won't blame it on my heathier way of eating. (I use to look for ANY excuse to "cheat" on a diet . I will ride this wave out and I am really looking forward to wave two, and a little more food!
Have a blessed day everyone
Blessings~Linda
StarbucksMom is offline   Reply With Quote