Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #1  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Default Rough start but got my reward this morning!

Edit: I have been extremely sick and had to go off my diet for 2 weeks. I have gain 2 pounds from the grape juice (i was dehydraded) and the force feeding. I have recalculated my short term goal and i will get back on track monday

Hey guys!

So I started this "diet" (not dieting but diet as in what you eat) officially on July 20, 2009.
I had ambitious goal for myself espicially the first 10 days (wave 1) which I thought I would loose at least 8 pounds and then 2 pounds a week.

Well I dont know if this is common but guess what, the first 10 days I lost 4 miserable pounds! I looked at the scale twice even three times and I thought I was dreaming. After 10 days of NO CHEATING wave 1, I only lost 4 pounds?

I told myself my scale MUST be broken, so I went to my mom's and weight myself. Still 4 pounds. trust me that day was miserable and althought I didnt cheat too much I had pizza that night just one slide cause I wasnt hungry.

The next morning, I felt SO sick. that pizza didnt agree with me. I didnt even enjoy it, so I went to weight myself and it was still 4pounds. So, a couple days later, I came on here and found a bunch of recipe for wave 2 and decided that I would keep going for a little while, telling myself im healthier who cares about weight loss.

Well this morning, a week later(I took a break of couple days cheating somewhat very little, hospital food), on wave 2, I went on the scale out of curiosity, down 10 pounds! I went like "say WHAT!?!?!?" thinking I was dreaming again or something but no! I lost 6 pounds in like 6 days!

I thought I would post it just in case it happens to some of you, bottom line is dont give up! Sometimes weight loss is slower but it doesnt mean its not there

Last edited by Zofia; 08-21-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/201/120

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, Zofia! Way to go on the loss! And 4 miserable pounds in one week? That's awesome in itself. I'm just getting started here (infact, my very first post is to congratulate you!) and I'm sort of hopping back and forth between calorie counters (it scares me because it's tedious and I don't want to be bothered), south beach, and the sonoma. The Sonoma seems to be the easiest to follow - and your results are inspiring! I think this is the plan I will try, as it doesn't stray too much from 'normal' for me.
holamamacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/174/150

Height: 5'6"

Zofia, that's so inspiring! I started Sonoma for the first time 5 days ago and I have lost 4 pounds to date so am really pleased - and I am nowhere near giving up especially now after reading your post!

edited to add: I hadn't weighed myself today before I wrote that - 1 more pound down - so that makes it 5 pounds in 5 days. Zofia, you're right - everyone loses differently. I'll probably hit a stall soon!

Last edited by MaryLou2009; 08-13-2009 at 06:15 AM.
MaryLou2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #4  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Welcome ladies!!!!!

But remember if you do: Dont give up!!! You gonna end up like me out of nowhere one day down 4 POUNDS.

Espicially after wave 1, your body might not respond well to wave 2. its more food and natural sugar so it might try to stock up again. The book gives tricks for it and seriously I am feel im still loosing. But this morning I got on the scale and it showed the same as monday. but you knw what, im fine with that, I know monday when ill weight myself ill be down 2. Its like sudden loss!

I actually read more about it and this is the explanation I found: The first days of the week your body might still be fighting the weight loss in a survival mode, but eventually it will let go and you will loose super fast in a short period of time while the previous week you were loosing nothing LOL

Oh and I meant 4 miserable pounds in wave1 in 10 days. most people looses between 8-10 pounds the first week so that is why I was disapointed lol

Im so happy there is new people on the forum. This section is dead sometimes.. its sad. Im gonna keep doing what kim used to do, post our everyday menus to help each other

edit: Oh and I forgot, I am a huge believer in sonoma because of my mother who lost everything she needed to loose under 6 months and after a year is still at the same weight!!!!

Last edited by Zofia; 08-13-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote