Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #1  
not planning - doing!

S/C/G: 175/171/135

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Understand what works and what doesn’t

There are many Mediterranean diet cookbooks available in the market. However a lot of plans don’t offer the benefits of the real Mediterranean diet weight loss, simple because the food recommendations are not authentic. Here is a cheat sheet that will help you to understand what works and what doesn’t

This is a long list of products which are sold on the pretext of being Mediterranean but they are laced with harmful chemicals. Unsuspecting consumers will do themselves more harm than good by consuming them

Orange without orange juice – Drinks that are supposedly food based but which contain artificial flavour, colour and sweeteners are commonly available in the market. These additives which are included to improve the taste of the product can prove to be detrimental for your health

Cheeses with casein - Using casein and caseinates in partial substitution of milk for cheeses sold as imitations of mozzarella.

Wine without grapes – Obtained from the fermentation of fruit, from raspberries to black currant. Red wines made from grapes contain anti-oxidants which cannot be found in these faux preparations.

Chocolate without cacao – Chocolate obtained with the addition of vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter.

Wine under mixtures rosè – becomes possible to produce rosé wine simply by mixing red and white wine instead of producing it with the natural method which uses the traditional white wine of red grapes.

Wine with sugar – This is a practice used in the countries of Northern Europe, designed to increase the alcohol content of wine by adding sugar.

Wine with no alcohol - Is it possible to eliminate the course of alcohol content in wine through wine-making practices.

Wine under swarf - In 2007 this process was given the green light artificial aging of wine with sawdust (called chips) instead of using the traditional barrels but this must be clearly indicated on the label.

Practical tips to get better results
Use fruits instead of sweets
Reduce the consumption of cheeses and butter
Consumes at least 4 eggs a week
Replace butter with olive oil
Use the honey instead of sugar
Only eat red meat once a month
Drink 1 glass of red wine (or grape juice) a day
Put in 30 min. of moderate physical activity each day
Drastic weight loss will do more harm than good, so choose a healthy diet
KimZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #2  

I should cut my red meat consumption ... I eat it about once a week, but once a month is probably better.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #3  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Can I ask a stupid question LOL

What do you consider red meat? Cause i have been reading about it and there seems to be confusion when it comes to red meat.

I know beef is definatly a red meat and to my opinion should be consume no more than twice a month but what about Pork? Is that a red meat. I thought no but I am not sure anymore...

Wheres my book hahahah I lend it to someone. Help!

Edit: okay so pork is red meat... once a month? wow.. I cant do that lol. Ill limit to once a week for now bhahahah of course I try to drain the fat.

Last edited by Zofia; 07-24-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #4  

I don't eat a lot of pork, so I mostly mean beef.

There was a pork ad out a few years back: "Pork. The other white meat."
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #5  
not planning - doing!

S/C/G: 175/171/135

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hyacinth why is it mean? did it do something to you
KimZ is offline   Reply With Quote