Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/219/150

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hi!
I am on Day 7 with Sonoma, and still have not lost my excitement or ability to stay with it. I seem to be less obsessed with eating. I like that. I hope I show a good loss...I decided to wait until Day 10 to weigh, end of Wave 1.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Heather in SC
heatherinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/275/160

Hello everyone from another newbie. I'm looking for a diet plan for me and my family and was considering South Beach. I went to the library, today, to check out the book to see if I liked it before buying it, but their only copy was out. Later, while at the Dollar Tree, I found the Sonoma Diet book for only a dollar so I bought it.

I haven't read it yet, I wanted to come to 3fatchicks to see if it was a recognized diet and found you all. From what I have learned from you all, this sounds like something doable for me. Maybe this was meant to be.

Well, I'm off to start reading.
DebbieInKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #18  

Hi Debbie, I also got the Sonoma Diet book at Dollar Tree. I always check out their book section, and I just liked the way it looked. I wasn't planning to go on a diet, since I am terrible at them. But after reading it I thought it looked like something I could actually do, so now I am on Day 9! It is just real food in reasonable portions. I have not had any problem staying with it; I am AMAZED! I will weigh in tomorrow and let everybody know how it goes. I hope you find that is will work for you.

Heather
Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #19  

Now that I have read most of the book, it sounds somewhat like what I have already started doing since my husband wanted to start eating healthier after finding out his cholestreol and triglycerides were high. We have been eating more fish, chicken, whole grains, green vegetables, etc. We haven't completely cut out the sweets and processed foods so I am still having a hard time with cravings.

Now I would like to do the Wave 1 to break my sugar addition. I wasn't planning to go to the grocery again until Thursday, but I'm going to keep reading and planning until then.

Heather, did you do the complete kitchen purge like they recommend? With my husband and three kids at home, I don't think I can get them to all go cold turkey with me. I know everyone would benefit from eating this way and plan to gradually change them, especially the kids. My husband will be more likely to join me because he wants to lose weight and improve his lipid levels. Also, which recipes have you enjoyed? Have the portions been enough?

Congradulations so far and I look forward to see your results tomorrow.

Debbie
Old 01-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #20  

Hi Debbie,

I did not do the complete kitchen purge as suggested. I also have a house full who are not ready to go all the way with this, by choice or by force, lol. I did clean out the refrigerator and toss a bunch of stuff that seemed to be overlooked anyway, and I have not bought replacement junk as it runs out. I have let the kids still have their cereal and jelly for PBJs. Instead of buying junk to bring home, I let them get one treat when we were at the store and when it was gone it was gone. They are eating some of the new things, eventually I think it will all be fine.

So far I have made the steak and mushroom kabobs, marinated flank steak and wraps with the left overs, rosemary pork chops, and easy balsamic chicken from the book, and the stuffed green peppers someone posted here. We have enjoyed all of it. Some nights I made a meat that was not in the book. I have found a renewed interest in cooking and making a nice family sit down meal, so my husband especially appreciates that. The portions have been enough for me. My husband is not on the diet although he seems curious about it. He eats more meat servings, and some nights I put extra sides I didn't eat on the table for him and the kids. My 5yo is a bone, and I'd rather he ate some mac and cheese than nothing!

I am going to weigh in here in a few hours and I will report back!

HTH,
Heather in SC
Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #21  

Okay!!!! I weighed today, Day 10 on the Sonoma Diet, and I have lost 8.9 pounds!

So far so good!

Yay!
Heather
Old 01-15-2009, 03:45 AM   #22  

Wow!!! That's great!!!!!
Congratulations, Heather

Debbie

Last edited by DebbieInKY; 01-15-2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #23  

Thanks, I am really excited!
How is it going for you? Are you going to start today?

Heather
Old 01-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherinsc View Post
Okay!!!! I weighed today, Day 10 on the Sonoma Diet, and I have lost 8.9 pounds!

So far so good!

Yay!
Heather
Heather - That is fantastic!!! You should be so proud of yourself!! That is a great accomplishment in 10 days!!!! Way to go!!
Pinkpinkycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #25  

Thanks!

I got some fruit yesterday, since I can now add that in...bananas, grapes, apples, and clementines. I also won the SD Cookbook on ebay last night. Today I could not decide what to make, so I just put a roast in the oven.

I hope I do not lose interest now that the ten days are up. I am bad about quickly losing interest in things. I guess that is why I have not been successful with any diet (except Weigh Down) before. But this is not so much like a "diet" diet, I guess that is why it is easier for me. Just gotta stick with it!

Glad to see more posts here. I didn't see any support for Sonoma on SparkPeople. Hope you all are well!

Heather
Old 01-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/197/150

Height: 5'4"

I have not weighed myself yet. I am waiting until the end of January but my clothes feel a little looser and my energy level is much better. I don't find this very hard to stick to at all. I like all of the food and the beans, whole grains and veggies are very filling!

All of the food prep in the first week or so was a little daunting but now that I know what I need each week it gets easier and little quicker as time goes by.

I hope everyone is well!!
Pinkpinkycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #27  

Hi All,

I hope I am not subconsciously slacking off. I have had two days in a row which were higher in calories. I know we don't have to count them, but it worries me, I have such a bad track record with diets. I am going to plan now what I will eat tomorrow. I really don't want to mess this up when I am doing so well and it didn't even seem hard during Wave One!

Pinkpinkycat, I think it is a good idea to wait and weigh more sporadically. Then you don't get obsessed with every blip and bobble of the scale.

I saw a lady at Dollar Tree looking at the Sonoma Diet book and ended up telling her all about it. Maybe more than she wanted to know, lol. She did end up buying two copies of the book!

Someone told me about the T-Tapp exercise program and I ordered the VHS program on clearance. So it should be here this week and I am going to try to add that along with my diet and hopefully I will see good results.

So what's for dinner tomorrow? I am going to make chicken. Have to plan things a little better here!

Heather in SC
Old 01-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #28  

Well, I did much better yesterday. Planning is important, apparently.
I think I am going to weigh every other week instead of each week.

How is everyone doing?

heather in SC
Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I'm so pleased to see you all hanging in there. I have been VERY sick. I was in the hospital last week for several days with cellulitis. I'm still not feeling back to myself yet. I haven't had much of an appetite so I pretty much eat whatever appeals to me at the moment. Hope to be back soon.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #30  

Hi Petra65!

I am sorry to hear you were so sick! I hope you make a fast and easy recovery. Certainly don't worry about your diet now, just get better!

I also just noticed that we have a really similar start weight, current weight, and goal weight! I look forward to getting my ticker...

Hugs,
Heather