Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #1  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default Where are my Sonoma-ing buddies?

Hi all,

This forum seems to have slowed right up again. How is everyone doing?

I'm back on wave 1, feeling better even after one day of it (after a less than stellar weekend on the food front) and getting plenty of exercise now that all my boys are in school.

Hope to hear from you all,
Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

I'm here. I just had a really busy holiday weekend. I'm back on the wagon after being bad for two days. Not too bad, but not great either.

I also feel SO much better when I'm eating right. I'm really trying to train myself to reach for fruit to cure my sweet cravings. I have not done Wave 1 this time around. I'm just started w/Wave 2 and I'm continuing on w/that. I know my weight loss will be slower, but honestly, I'm okay w/that.

I should be able to get back to posting daily now that things have calmed down.
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #3  

Hey! Well I am also stumbling back on the Sonoma wagon, starting Wave I for the first time today! I kind of started out with Wave II just cuz I had such a packed social calendar for some reason last couple of weeks. Ugh! Last night I went out to dinner with friends to the CA Pizza Kitchen, I had Mediteranian Salad with grille chicken which wasn't a bad choice, but I admit to picking at everybody's appetizers, UGH!

IT'S SOOOO MUCH EASIER COOKING FOR YOURSELF! My only good news is that I apparently haven't gained any weight with my transgressions (well, maybe 1/2 lb. but also might be TOM), so hopefully Wave I will get the old scale moving in the correct direction again.....

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY DAY EVERYONE!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Nice to see everyone posting again.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #5  

I'm back to Sonoma/Mediterranean diet!

Great to see everyone here!
jahra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Jahra. This forum had kind of stagnated but several of us have tried to get it back up and running. Looking forward to hearing from you regularly. Jump right in.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #7  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Jahra

Nice to see you here. Have you done Sonoma before?

Hi also to everyone else. It's another weekday and my cold seems to be receeding somewhat. Hopefully no drugs today - I hate taking them and they knock me out. I'm planning a good food day too - leftover eggplant parmesan for lunch and BBQ salmon for supper. If it's too windy for the BBQ I can use the oven. Not sure what veggies to do for that, I have some zucchini in the garden that may be good.

Recently I've been making a Provencal style tomato sauce (using canned tomatoes if no fresh ones available) and having it on top of lots of veggies. It's more interesting than plain veggies and adds good stuff not high-fat. I like the taste - it's made with thyme and cloves, as well as garlic. Of course I don't want to overdo it and burn out!

I hope everyone had a good weekend, how are those fall gardens coming? What do you do with the cold frames when it's hot during the day? Do you take them off every morning? Just wondering, since it's close to frost at night but easily 26°C during the day, and I can imagine that in the sun under glass it would be MUCH hotter.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #8  

Cold frames? Not in El Lay, LOL, alas my garden is so ugly and burned out after that last killer heat wave. So the next couple of weeks I'll just be prepping beds for fall and waiting for the weather to cool off consistently for the cool weather crops...

Hey kind of a coincidence, I do a similar thing, making the tomato sauce, except I do a salsa-variety - canned Rotel tomatoes and peppers since mine are burnt, fresh cilantro, garlic and onion. I keep this in a giant juice pitcher in the fridge and drown everything in it, LOL. I love it on fresh green beans, or like I just had, on a green bean/feta omlette.....I go through this stuff by the gallon - literally!

I have such a busy day today and I'm working on an event-planning project where we have to get out a gazillion invites today and there is catering but not Sonoma friendly at all. Full-fat cheese platters, mayo-centric tuna salad and white bagels (along with donuts and and cookies) will be nagging at me on all the breaks, but I just had my omlette and I'm taking an apple, some lowfat string cheese and a package of cashews....so I will be turning up my nose at the catering!

I have some lentil soup in the crock pot for when I come in tonight -- it's so much easier if the stuff is just ready when you come in the door! Sometimes just the idea of getting out pots or washing lettuce just sounds too annoying, LOL, that's when the pizza man starts sounding good. So none of THAT!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote