Old 08-29-2007, 12:46 PM   #1  

Default Good Morning! I Just Had A Kinda-Sorta Cheese Danish!

Well it was SORT OF like a cheese danish.....Kinda-sorta! I liked it!

Still getting through the book but I THINK the 100% whole wheat English Muffins (Orowheat) are OK? They do list 100% WW flour as the first ingredient and have 4 grams of fiber (and 6 grams of protein, which is why I like my veggie daughter to have these before school instead of plain toast)

Anyhow, if you nuke up a sliced granny smith apple with some apple pie seasoning on it, and put that and a little LF/NF cottage or ricotta cheese on the muffin, it's actually pretty good!

Have a healthy and delicious Wednesday everybody!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #2  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds yummy!

I'm baking the summer squash and chard gratin from the Sonoma cookbook tonight. I'll be serving it with a salad since I had my grains at lunch (leftover pasta) and it's a bit higher in fat than the recipe, since I couldn't find low-fat ricotta yesterday. But I'm still going to be low in calories for today again.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

jax-I wasn't as meticulous about my grains in Wave 1 as you are being which is probably why you are losing more weight than I did. Some days I had two servings and some days I had three. I just focused on getting the sugar and white flour out.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #4  

Ah white sugar, white flour, alcohol, fried stuff, impulse-buying of fast food.

All of the above are what got me in the fix I'm in -- I really need to avoid them as if my life depended on it (well, it kind of does!)
Old 08-29-2007, 10:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

That's what I was working on too! Cutting out sugars and white flour!

I'm sure I'm eating more than I should, but I feel good. I haven't really even felt too guilty about my portions.

I had to congratulate myself for refusing a sundae my husband brought home. Also, at the mall tonights, I didn't get Auntie Anne's. Two congrats for me!
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #6  
Getting there...

I don't have problems cutting out white flour, I've always preferred WW and used it in most of my cooking. With the exception of a few things (shortbread!! ) I just substitute it for white in recipes. We used to eat WW pasta when I was growing up in the UK, then when I moved to Canada it wasn't easily available. Now it's here too - I like the texture much better than regular pasta.

Cutting all sugar out of baked goods is more of a "problem" - I can't stand the taste of artificial sweetners so I use sugar, syrup or honey. I'm just avoiding baked stuff for wave 1, and I guess a small vice otherwise won't kill me.

The veggie gratin was yummy! The boys complained "nice and cheesy but too many vegetables" but DH and I like it. Everyone except me had it as a side dish with sausages though. Having ricotta in the fridge is dangerous though, I can eat it straight out of the pot!

So far I've had oatmeal for breakfast with a little milk, and coffee of course. DH's birthday is on Monday with me done wave 1 on Sunday. So a glass of wine will be good!

Have a good day everyone!

Jax
Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I really like the Orowheat ww English Muffins with a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese (1 wedge split between the halves).

Meanwhile, a salesman just stopped by the office and dropped off a dozen cheese danishes. The real thing.................egads!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #8  

OMG!!! Offices can be sooooo fattening!! My friend who went from being a vegetarian to vegan a couple of years ago, she lost like 30 pounds just from having all the boxes of muffins, cookies, donuts etc. that always show up in offices off limits....

Your labs are just PRECIOUS! Petra's pooches as well....
Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #9  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Jax -can you share the recipe for the summer squash and chard gratin?
Thanks
jo
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:15 PM   #10  
Getting there...

Yup - as long as that doesn't violate anything. I'll put it in the Sonoma Diet recipes so it's not lost. I didn't actually measure the amounts of veggies, but there was enough to fill my lasagna pan and it was veggies held together by the egg/cheese mix so I'm assuming the quantities were close.

Jax