Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default Eating Out

Ok, it's very unrealistic to think I'm never going to eat out... so I'm going to run these by you guys, and tell me what you think. Is it Sonoma approved or no?

I ate at Chipotle one day, I had the chicken salad. It consisted of romaine, black beans, salsa, chicken and some cheese. I think is was healthy enough. Chipotle doesn't list their calories/fat etc, on their website, but I found some other article that said this was their best offering for a healthy meal. I only wonder if the chicken is bad, as I don't know what the marinade is. Also, I probably could have done w/out the cheese, but really it wasn't that much.

Yesterday I had Boston Market. Chicken, side salad and green beans. Again, I think it was healthy... but I'm not sure if they put butter on their green beans. (Probably do, because they tasted good) The salad I'm fine with, and it was great! I think they chicken should be okay because it's just roasted.

Any thoughts on this?
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You can find the nutritional info for Chipotle here. 4 oz of chicken is 219 calories

Chipotle is one of my all time favorite healthy "fast food" places. I normally get the chicken burrito bol (no tortilla, it's like 300 calories or something crazy), no beans, 2 scoops of fresh tomato salsa, a tiny bit of hot salsa, tons of romaine and ask for half an order of guac on the side. Love it!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
Ok, it's very unrealistic to think I'm never going to eat out... so I'm going to run these by you guys, and tell me what you think. Is it Sonoma approved or no?

I ate at Chipotle one day, I had the chicken salad. It consisted of romaine, black beans, salsa, chicken and some cheese. I think is was healthy enough. Chipotle doesn't list their calories/fat etc, on their website, but I found some other article that said this was their best offering for a healthy meal. I only wonder if the chicken is bad, as I don't know what the marinade is. Also, I probably could have done w/out the cheese, but really it wasn't that much.

Yesterday I had Boston Market. Chicken, side salad and green beans. Again, I think it was healthy... but I'm not sure if they put butter on their green beans. (Probably do, because they tasted good) The salad I'm fine with, and it was great! I think they chicken should be okay because it's just roasted.

Any thoughts on this?
A lot depends upon what Wave you are on. Wave 1 specifies no more than 1/2 cup of beans a day during the first wave. The cheese should be low fat, no matter what Wave you are on. I don't know if the cheese is low fat at this place. When in doubt, you need to always ask! Same thing with the green beans. When you are eating out, you need to either check ahead of time on the restaurant's web site or ask how things are prepared. Boston market for example has a web site with nutritional information. The green beans for example have 60 calories 3.5 grams of fat and 1.5 grams of saturated fat. .. it even shows that the fat used are palm, soybean oil and butter The side salad with the dressing has a whopping 440 calories, 80 w/o.

If you cannot find nutrional information on a restaurant's web site, 3fc also has a restaurant guide which you can find linked from the main 3fc page.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies. I feel okay w/my choices. I didn't have all the dressing, less than half, so I feel fine about it.

It's so strange to go out and actually WANT to make the healthy choice. I didn't even once crave the mashed potatoes or mac and cheese... which are the two sides I usually get.

Packing myself on the back... I did good.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/215/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for that link to Chipotle nutrition info! Great stuff. I love that place...I get a salad with steak, mild salsa, sour cream and cheese...sometimes guac. Turns out that's a lot more fat than I thought, but you are allowed 3 fats per day. As long as you're still losing, that's what's important.
twnkltoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #6  
ChipotLess

S/C/G: 273/252/173

Height: 5-8

Default Losing 5 pounds a week!

I eat at chipotle twice a day, EVERYDAY! I'm losing 5 pounds per week! So they must be doing something right.

I have a Fajita Bol for lunch, and one for dinner. I usually order double meat. Yes, I get cheese and Guacamole too. I can't believe this chipotle diet is working so fast! I've been posting my results at my personal weight loss web site. I put all the details of my chipotle diet there as well.

Eric
ChipotLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #7  

You're doing REALLY good. Me, not so good. I usually do order some kind of salad with all the stuff on the side....I really don't like going out to eat that much. It's expensive and fattening. However last night I went to go hear my friend play at a bar & ended up having wine and french fries. Late at night. UGH! I really think it's a PMS thing that last week I was so good and this week everything I'm not supposed to eat just sounds extra good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
Thanks ladies. I feel okay w/my choices. I didn't have all the dressing, less than half, so I feel fine about it.

It's so strange to go out and actually WANT to make the healthy choice. I didn't even once crave the mashed potatoes or mac and cheese... which are the two sides I usually get.

Packing myself on the back... I did good.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #8  

Oh Katie, I'm struggling this week too! I want cookies and brownies SO bad. I haven't allowed myself one, because I know one will lead to fourteen!

Oh fries... I can't remember the last fry I had... Oh, I love fries... but I resist them. Now, if I order someone at a restaurant that comes w/fries, I ask if I can subsitute veggies or salad instead. (Trust me, its not the same)

I know next week is going to be even worse... as I know that's when I'll be PMS'ing. Ah, hormones, you gotta love 'em.