Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #1  

Default Concerned about Wave 2

I know luvthelighthouse posted her concerns about switching over to Wave 2. Well, I've been on Wave 2 for a week and that scale hasn't budged. Now, yes, I fully admit that this hasn't been the PERFECT week. In addition to my girl's night out, I am currently hosting my period. But, for the most part, I am eating so much less than I was pre-Sonoma diet. I am making much better choices. And this scale hasn't moved!!! I know this isn't all about losing weight, it's about making better food choices and healthy eating. But, come on!!!! I'm frustrated!!!!! Any advice?
mirandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Sadly, I have no advice. I'm with you though, I WANT the scale to move. I'm not making all these better food choices so I can stay overweight. If I wanted to remain 170 something pounds, I could keep eating my white bread, pasta and cookies daily. If I'm going the extra mile to make sure I'm eating healthy, I want results!

Did you go over your menu last week? Print it up, since we've been recording them here daily. Look to see if you could have done anything different. That's pretty much all I can offer. Oh yeah, have you tried adding exercise? I know I hate to exercise, but I'm thinking about giving it a try, especially because I'm afraid of Wave 2 and I think exercising may help.
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 AM   #3  

Miranda,

keep in mind it took more than a week to gain it so be patient. Please start looking for NSVs because when people get overly impatient with the scale, it is very dangerous because it can lead to a "what the heck, the scale isn't moving, why don't I eat _______" type binge. You are on your period and you had a Girl's night out. Be grateful the scale isn't up as for most of us.. me included that is what would have happened.

Exercising is a MUST on any plan. As you stated, this is about more than losing weight but about good health. No matter how you package any weight loss plan, it boils down to calories in vs calories out and a good way to get the calories out a bit higher is exercising!

It is perfectly normal to get frustrated, but always always keep your eyes on the prize!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  

Thank you both. I know last week wasn't perfect. I need to be more careful. Even if I'm making good choices, I know too much of a good thing is bad.

Now, exercise. What a bain of my existence!!! Looking at what's going on in my life, about the only time I have to exercise is first thing in the morning, at about 5:30. I need to start doing this.

Oh, and a NSV for me: the jeans (the only jeans that fit me) that I've been wearing, I've been air drying so that they wouldn't get too tight. I don't have to do that anymore! Last week, I aired them and they were too big. Yesterday, I dried them and they fit perfectly!!!

Oh, and let's add some more stress to my life: my son, as I mentioned, had a stomach virus last week, which he passed it on to my husband (or should I say, Child #3), we've been snowed/iced in for 2 days, son now has an ear infection, and tomorrow, I'm sitting for my Licensing Exam for my Appraisers license. It's a miracle I haven't binged out all week!

Thanks again for the advice!
mirandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #5  

I started wave 2 3 days ago and I GAINED A POUND! And I was perfect. Seriously. What gives? The heat wave maybe?
gramwiches is offline   Reply With Quote