Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/163/145

Height: 5'9

Default My introduction, my story

My story is that I have a wonderful husband with not so wonderful eating habits who sabatoges my physical wellbeing. So when he got laid off and moved to texas for a few months I decided it was worth changing some things. July 31st 2006 I weighed 188lbs and I was eating all kinds of crud. I cut out almost all fast food and started eating whole grains, more fish, less red meat, cut out all the junk save for one piece of dark chocolate nightly, started walking daily for about 45 minutes some hills and I have managed to shrink by 19 pounds as of this morning. I would like to make some friends here with which to share my success and help to motivate me to keep going. I have 3 kids ages 18, 13 and 7. I am 37 years old and I have hated my body and what I let happen to it for about 8 years now. I don't smoke, I grew up thin and able to eat anything and then blew up as I got older and had kids, . ... That is my story. anyone interested in a pep talk?
Holstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations on your great weight loss already! Doesn't it feel good to take control of your life. I've been enjoying my journey thus far. Who knew we'd be looking forward to exercise? :-)
galengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:19 PM   #3  

Thanks so much Galengail. Nice to have a friend here for encouragement, and to share the success. I recently got those new Nike+ shoes with a chip for your Ipod. Fun stuff, but when it was raining here this morning I was so bummed and couldn't bring myself to go to the Y. So I walked this evening all is well again. I have been highly motivated by shopping often at health food places and reading fitness magazines. How've you been?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:32 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Holstien and congrats on the weight loss
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Way to go, and good for you! Remember, no one is going to take care of you, except you.....making these positive changes in your life takes courage and willpower! Keep it up!!

Am I clueless about the shoes? Tell me more about them!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:23 PM   #6  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome! You've come to the right place! Post often so we get to know you! Good luck and it sounds like you've got the right plan!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #7  

Thanks guys. Feeling kinda down today, but eating well. As of Monday (I weigh myself monday mornings) I have lost a total of 25 pounds. But currently retaining water... I hope. lol.

As for the shoes: They are Nike+. They are the brainchild of Nike & Apple and they have a place for a computer chip (sold separately) for both the shoes and the ipod that link wirelessly and it's kinda like a pedometer. It tells you your time, pace, how far you've traveled etc. When you sync your ipod with the computer it automatically uploads your data to Nike.com and you can set goals, see graphs of your walk/runs etc. It's fun and when you beat your best time, Lance Armstrong or Paula Radcliff come on and congratulate you. The shoes are average running shoe priced and the computer chips are 30 bucks. Not bad. I got them at Lady Footlocker.

Anyhow, I am needing friendly conversation so feel free to PM me or post whenever but often. and thanks for being so welcoming. I really appreciate it.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #8  
debro1951

S/C/G: 175

Smile

i also new i drink my water everyday and workout my name is debbie rose i lived at woodbine ky and my birthday is sept 21 1951 they keep on telling my birthday is unvaild but it not debbie
debro1951 is offline   Reply With Quote