Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2020, 06:43 AM   #1  

Post Reducing Carbs - A Golden Weight Loss Rule

It took me a long time to figure out that it's not normal to feel hunger pangs two hours after breakfast, to eat 90% carbs during meals and, well, put on weight!

I learned that what happens is that the body uses the easy resources - sugar! Sugar and carbohydrates, while it stores and avoids burning fat. For breakfast I was eating a bowl of Cornflakes, or a few slices of toast, and I could pack down a load and still feel hungry to the point of it becoming a really annoying distraction during work. And foreseeing the hunger pangs would make me eat more during every meal; hence the road to putting on weight.

I had tried things like a fry with bacon and eggs, but because I was used to so much carbs, I would feel hungry after a full plate of bacon, eggs and tomatoes. So I'd still have the cereal on top of that.

But eventually I discovered that dramatically changing the ratio between carbs and protein meant two things: a) weight loss and b) no more hunger pangs!

I could still enjoy food and I could go a really, really long time without that hunger feeling coming on. So breakfast is something I sometimes don't even bother with. But if I do it's going to be a sausage role, something on the pan or whatever, but no carbs, or hardly any. Lunch, if it's for example rice or patato, I only have a small portion of that and have more of the other stuff: meat/fish and veg.
Domfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
golden rule, less carbs, protein, rule, weight loss