Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/258/140

Height: 5ft 8"

Post Finally being myself

Hello,

I have spent a long time online living the life I want to pretend I have, where I am healthy, have friends and I am mentally well but in reality I am a woman who has severe agoraphobia and haven't left my house in nearly 3 years and part of that has to do with being obese.

I have always been ashamed at my lack of life, friends and weight but I am so tired and ashamed of being alone or lying to people about who I am.

This year I decided to face this head on. I stopped dieting and adopted a whole food plant based lifestyle. I have been vegan for a year so lost a few stones naturally but I have always been addicted to processed foods and there are plenty of unhealthy vegan foods I snacked on for 8 months.

I am finally in a positive space in my head concerning weight loss. I have broken free from my processed food addition something I never thought I could do. I started exercising at home this week due to new found energy while still enjoying the foods I eat because everything is made with whole food ingredients. I've lost 35 pounds since April this year, and have no plans to stop as I am finally starting to feel a little bit of confidence and my cholesterol is dropping as well as improving my type 2 diabetes, with the goal to reverse it.

I guess I am looking to give and receive support without fear of being laughed at. I hope to get know you all better and stick around just being... me.
Caribbean Vegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #2  

Hi! I posted yesterday looking for friends to support and do this journey with!! Send me a message to you want to chat! My post want "can't do this alone"
Chnkymonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #3  

I am also in a similar boat. I will send you a message.
fitnessfreak2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #4  
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean Vegan View Post
This year I decided to face this head on. I stopped dieting and adopted a whole food plant based lifestyle. I have been vegan for a year so lost a few stones naturally but I have always been addicted to processed foods and there are plenty of unhealthy vegan foods I snacked on for 8 months.
That sounds like a good plan. WFPB is a great diet assuming you do it properly. Be sure to take a B12 supplement, and get enough vitamin D and enough omega 3.

This page has some helpful advice on how to eat a healthy WFPB diet: https://www.theveganrd.com/vegan-nut...de-for-vegans/
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote