Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default December 2018 Ups and Down Depression Support

!! we are a small but mighty group of friends supporting each other through the ups and downs of our lives. You can visit and talk as much or as little as you wish

Our 'winter wonderland' is now looking like regular dreary winter, all the clinging snow was washed off in the hard rain yesterday but we still have a foot on the ground. But no snow on the roofs we shoveled like crazy on Saturday to get it off before the weight was a concern.

I'm trying hard to change my attitude about the new job, I need to just stop stressing about being so clumsy and slow at some things. I haven't been chastised or talked to about my performance..and I am truly trying my best and have a good attitude..so I will just try to chill.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #2  

Holly thanks for making this Dec. thread. Glad you got your roof shoveled before the rain. I heard a new 3 month forecast for the country. Northeast slightly warmer than average. Southeast wetter than normal, (which might effect us?). I think he said that an el Nino pattern has set up. The warmer and wetter than normal pattern.

Re work, I can understand the delema. You went from something you were gifted at. Maybe this is an advaced, aka kick-a$$ course in accepting yourself even when you are not performing up to the self imposed standards? If so, then this is quite a learning opportunity on a pretty deep and very challenging level. You seem so cognitive of the patterns you that are being challenged. That's great. You seem very self aware. So cudos for all of that!

Lisa you are a good mom to Elvira. How us she doing? I hope better.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

good morning friends!

flower we are so lucky to have you here what a great philosophical way to interpret what I am feeling. I have always known that I do not like change, I like my comfortable ruts, and I am a follower, not a leader, and I want to quit when things get hard. All things that are giving me a little shake and I am adjusting. Thank you for the insight!!!

Your hand made cards sound so beautiful, lucky recipients to receive them!

did you need more hints on how to post pics here?

It is so nice to see some sun here!!! we have't seen it in, oh gosh at least a week. It is pretty darned cold though, well it has *warmed up* to 8 degrees, up from 3.

EddieDog is such a champ about letting us put his booties on, it's the only way he can endure going outside to do his business, when it is around 0 degrees. And he walks around the house in them too, it is especially good to keep him from injuring his skin when he wants to scratch.

Hello to Lisa, Coop, Kathleen, Monica, PandaCupcake!

FINALLY yesterday I had a good session at work on the new station that was driving me crazy. It helped that there was a good supply of backup product for the assembler on the line to use, instead of relying solely on me to produce. So that took so much pressure off. Also I am just getting more 'handy' with attaching the screws. I am not ashamed to say that I use cookies as a bribe and handed a bag of 3 sugar cookies to the guy who has been patient with me and thanked him and said i was trying my best. He was happily surprised!

The tiny bit of snow that accumulated last night is so light and powdery, due to the temperature, it just "poofs" away if you blow on it, too bad it isn't always this light! so light to push off the driveway.

Vermont legalized marijuana for home / private use, you can grow a couple plants and do what you want with it in your own home. Husband and I haven't cared about it since we were teenagers, but because he loves to grow things as much as I, started a few plants because we have the indoor grow lights already. I have gotten so frustrated with my interrupted sleep because of the foot/ankle/leg cramps lately, and the new schedule, that I was desperate. Husband had to youtube 'how to roll a joint' because it's been so long I had half of one last night, and nothing crazy happened, just 'mellow' enough to go to bed and SLEPT SOLID FOR 5 HOURS which I haven't done in forever!!! hooray for cannabis
Old 12-06-2018, 10:32 PM   #4  

4 nights ago I slipped down my neighbors steps and dislocated my left knee cap.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-06-2018 at 10:32 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

Oh no LIsa !! that is terrible!! how are you getting around??
Old 12-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Oh no LIsa !! that is terrible!! how are you getting around??
It's taking forever to heal. I sprained it too. I can walk a lot better but its still really swollen. I am needing ibuprofen still.

I might try to take a couple outfits to the laundry mat. I have no clean clothes.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #7  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: I am SO sorry that you fell and really hurt yourself!!! How scary! I hope you will be pain-free soon. I also hope and pray that you will find a way to have the lesion (or whatever it is) removed from Elvira, since ~ as you said ~ it needs to be done. I will pray for a solution. Did you check the resource Pat/Flower mentioned? You have me intrigued about the possible exciting things on the horizon. I hope they come to fruition. Let us know asap!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #8  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

I just finished reading through all of the posts since I last posted. I had just had an MRI when I last posted, and it showed that my hip socket is bone on bone and that I have extensive arthritis in my right hip, along with cysts... one that is pretty large and concerning. He said that the only cure is a hip replacement... and that I need one within the next year... the sooner, the better. His x-rays also showed the beginnings of arthritis in my left hip, and he said the sooner I have a right hip replacement, it will help to balance me out and slow the progression of arthritis in my left hip. After hearing this dreadful news, my husband researched the hormone therapy drug that I have been on for 3 and a half years to prevent a recurrence of breast cancer, and ~ sure enough ~ it accelerates arthritis, attacks the joints, and reduces bone density. We knew about the bone density part and that it could make my joints ache, but the bottom line is that I have to be on it to prevent breast cancer recurrence. Protocol calls for me to be on the drug for 10 years, but hubby did some research and some say that 7 years is adequate, so I need to discuss this with my oncologist. I am extremely bummed about the thought of a hip replacement, but at least they did rule out cancer from the MRI. So I need to keep things in perspective. I just dread another surgery after having so many after the breast cancer and all of the problems and surgeries with the reconstruction. But it HAS to be done. I asked for a cortisone shot, which he gave me, but it didn't help at all. In fact, I think it made things worse... which people have since told me can happen. Since I had the cortisone shot, I have to wait at least 3 months to have surgery due to risk of infection. I am scheduled with another orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion on January 31st (earliest I could get in because he is in high demand, so I hope that means he is good!). I wasn't at all crazy about the first guy's bedside manner. So I hope I like the second guy better. He specializes in anterior hip replacements, where they enter through the front, which is supposed to have a quicker and easier recovery. I am hoping to get scheduled for surgery in early March if possible. So there is more info on hip replacements than any of you care to know... but that's the latest with me. I had to completely stop PT at the rehab place. They gave me home exercises, but I am only allowed to do them if they don't hurt... and, unfortunately, they often do hurt. I am getting practically no movement in at all, except daily walking, which I intentionally keep to a minimum because it causes pain. So I am extremely concerned about potential weight gain until I can get this hip replaced. Basically, I am a mess right now.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:07 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
4 nights ago I slipped down my neighbors steps and dislocated my left knee cap.
Lisa I am do sorry to read this. It sounds terribly painful. I hope you are doing a bit better today.

IBelieveinme2 so sorry that you need a hip replacement. Sounds like you found a surgeon who works in a way that minimizes recovery time. Sending healing thoughts go you

hi Holly and everyone else.

i have been having a difficult time with the holidays, trying to pay monthly bills, afford the supplements to manage the chronic strep and eat healthfully. My chiropractor whom I went to for years just dumped me because she was giving me a special price. After years of billing Medicare she told me she could no longer bill to them for me. She said Medicare is cracking down on needed maintence. They want proof the patient is improving. My physical situation is not about improvement. It's about keeping it from getting worse. So the practice owner decided to charge me the poor person's scaled rate. My chiropractor left the practice with one week notice to me. She assured me over and again that she would continue treating me for similar price. We had 3 conversations about it in person and via email. She completely assured me she would not drop me.p because I cannot pay much. I called to make the apt, as she suggested. No call back. 6 days later I got an email. She decided not to lower her fee for anyone. Cya. She was unusuially gifted at helping me. Best chiropractor I ever found.

It hurts my heart how people are like this when others are so down and out, But it is what it is. That and another much bigger blow came within an hour of each other. Sorry for sounding so down.

Hope everyone has a good Monday

flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:07 AM   #10  

I had an interesting day. It took me all day to figure out how to reapply for help with my prescription medicine.

Thank goodness I mad enough calls to figure it all out.

The really good news:

Starting on Jan 1st, I have a whole new medical insurance plan that kicks I and which offers me some really exciting benefits. I'LL tell you all about them later but I am so excited.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:02 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Lisa - we are hoping you are dealing with the hurt knee alright, and super excited about your good news!!! Everyone deserves some good news once in a while don't we!! and we are still sending our love to Ms. Elvira
Old 12-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

Kathleen it is SO good to 'see' you here but with such sobering news!!! how crummy is it that a medicine that helps you so much in one way (defying death!!) can injure your body in other ways and that you have to make decisions like that. It is so unfair that you have to deal with these medical issues my friend!!! we love you and are hoping so much for the best for you. we always like to hear how your dear daughter and son are doing too, hopefully well!! much love and good thoughts to you Kathleen!!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #13  
Biker Chick!

Pat that is so wrong for the chiropractor to promise you what you needed to hear and then to just vacate!! I am so sorry you have to deal with that, plus other financial burdens. Life is SO much easier and joyous when you don't have that constant worry of 'how am I going to afford what we need' or 'is that check gonna bounce' Life should not be like that!! espcially around the holidays when the forced Christmas cheer and merriment and excess is everywhere. I hope so much some kind of miracle occurs for you, in finding another chiropractor's care and sending light and love towards dealing with the other blow.
and we are HERE for each other even when we have crummy news or are feeling crummy. because we ARE the Ups and Downs. I would feel selfish and rude sometimes when I would post when I felt awesome, knowing that others weren't! ..but I would equally post when I was sad and it is always accepted.

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-13-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa - we are hoping you are dealing with the hurt knee alright, and super excited about your good news!!! Everyone deserves some good news once in a while don't we!! and we are still sending our love to Ms. Elvira
She is still healing, Holly. I got her some soft dog food to help her medicine go down. Her incision continues to get smaller but it still has a way to go.

My knee aches so bad. Ibuprofen and Ben Gay does bring some comfort.

How is your job going? Are you settling into your hours?
Old 12-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #15  

Kathleen I am so incredibly sorry that things are tough right now.

How is your daughter? Is she like still in school.

I feel like you are between a rock and a hard place.

I wish I could help you. Bring you some comfort in some way. It's hard for me to know that you are struggling.

I don't handle pain well. The longer it goes on my mental health suffers. You sound so down.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-13-2018 at 06:50 PM.