Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2018, 01:10 AM   #1  

Height: 5"6

Default Seeking a Boost After TWO YEARS Stuck!

Hey glorious 3FC army!

It's been ages but I need your awesomeness again. I should be exhilarated- many things in my life are going well other than the size of my pants yet here we are. You all helped me lose 60 lbs in 2013 and I gained about 40 of it back by 2016. I try not to be mad at myself. I lost a parent and a grandparent several months apart in 2015 and to be honest, my world fell to sh*t for a while. So, in 2016, I decided to pick myself back up and reapply those healthy self care habits I learned here in 2013. And you know what? I haven't been able to budge a damn POUND in two years. I run often (because I love it). I walk 3.5 km to work (because I have to). I even do the dreaded weights (gross). I count calories and despite trying to "lose" for two years, I've really just been slowly gaining. I've ditched the scale and focused on NSV's that never came and I've gone back to the scale only to see that same number again and again. I even bought a new scale but haha nope!

I want to take care of myself and practice self love and so much of my life has spun out of control but I'm ready to reclaim that control. I have a darling and loving spouse, access to a gym, a food scale, an actual love of my body despite me wanting it to be smaller to ratio and I'm huge on self-care. I'm trying to be positive but I won't lie- I'm pissed, I'm frustrated and I don't know what the **** to do. I had an eating disorder as a teen and I try so hard to have a healthy, sustainable relationship with food. My thyroid is fine and I've got some big stressers in my life (job, being long distance from family) but you all have those too and you're absolutely killing it.

What do you all do when, on paper, you should be seeing progress, but TWO YEARS LATER, you're not? Please help me. Winter is coming and my snowpants won't zip. I'd say you have no idea how much I'd kill for that new decade, but I know you. I know you know. Sigh.

Good to be back <3 xoxo (minus the tight pants)
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #2  

Height: 5"6

Great idea, Chris! I live near a river so I rode my bike down there before work today. I adore being outside! Thanks for a great tip to start my day off right <3
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #3  

I'm not sure how old you are, but everything they told me has come true: menopause changes so much in our bodies. Since reaching it a couple years ago, I've gained a spare tire around the middle and weight on my thighs that I cannot budget. With trial and error I've found that eating keto--very low carb--helps very quickly but I haven't been able to keep at it on my own. So I'm doing what I do in every other area of my life, reaching out to those who can help me lose the weight and reset at this time of my life. I'm starting Medifast this week, after doing a lot of research. I'm not thrilled about a plan with a lot of meal replacements but I do know I need accuracy and accountability for the next couple months to form new healthy habits and break patterns of lousy eating. I like the fact that it is relatively low carb as, again, I am quite convinced this is the key to reducing that stubborn hormonal belly fat. Wish me luck!
Marita40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/150/138

Height: 5' 2.5"

I gotta chime in here....I gained 15 pounds going through menopause; and that's eating the same as I always did. I've kept food journals the whole way through (and for years before that).
I also kept as active as I always was, too. I'm convinced it's hormonal changes that put that spare tire on me. Annoying!!!
Miss Fitt is offline   Reply With Quote