Old 07-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default New challenge: Falling Out of Summer -7-29 to 9-23

FALLING OUT OF SUMMER - 8-WEEK CHALLENGE
7-29-18 TO 9-23-18

Let’s finish the Summer with something to celebrate. I can’t think of anything better to celebrate than an accomplishment with weight loss. I’m going to aim for a 10-lb loss for this 8-Week Challenge. I’d love to have you join the challenge, if you can commit to the time and effort to participate.

The requirements are:
That you have time and want to participate in the challenge and interact with team members. Please be able to commit to make at least one post per week to share how things are going (at least a couple of sentences). It’s okay if you don’t have time to do personal replies, but team experiences are generally better, if you are able to occasionally interact with team members. The additional spreadsheets (additional goals, change a habit, track exercise) are available if you choose to use them, you don't have to use anything other than the Stat Sheet and a Weekly Weigh-In Sheet that will appear after the 1st week.

I hope you are able to join the challenge and share this effort with me. It’s a great time of year to drop some pounds: Good weather for many of us and a lot of fruit and veggies available.

The link below will take you to the team spreadsheet. You will need to enter a starting weight for 7-29-18, and a goal weight for 9-23-18. If you enter after the first week, your starting weight will be for the the date you join the challenge. At the end of the first week, a weekly weigh-in sheet will be available with the spreadsheet notebook. There are additional sheets available in the challenge notebook, if you want to make some goals, other than weigh-loss goals and perhaps work on changing some bad habits.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Hope you decide to join! Just post to indicate you want to join and share a few sentences about yourself.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 07-24-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Clarification
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #2  

Hello, I will try to work this challenge. I am new to this site so I hope I can keep up with all the areas of it. Thanks. Lynn
3hflcah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hflcah12 View Post
Hello, I will try to work this challenge. I am new to this site so I hope I can keep up with all the areas of it. Thanks. Lynn

Hi Lynn:
Welcome.

The only thing you have to do in the challenge is to enter your weekly weight on the Weigh-In Sheet (or the Stat Sheet for the initial weigh-in), and make one post per week (with a couple of sentences) to indicate how things are going for you (i.e. accomplishments and improvement opportunities) for your week.

The other spreadsheets are available, if you want to use them. How often you post, beyond once a week is up to you. The weekly weigh-in stats and a weekly post should only take a couple of minutes, once you get used to it.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #4  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi Munchey, I'd like to join the challenge. I'm aiming for 10 pounds as well. That would put me in onederland!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
Hi Munchey, I'd like to join the challenge. I'm aiming for 10 pounds as well. That would put me in onederland!

Hi GettinFit:
Welcome! I've been hovering around One-Der-Land for a couple of months. I got to 198 at the end of June, but I believe I've gained a couple of pounds back. I have been avoiding the scale, but I will face it on Sunday.

I look forward to sharing a 10-lb loss with you. A few buddies, on a common mission, can be very motivating.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:34 AM   #6  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Thanks Munchey. I'm looking forward to seeing us reach our goals at the end of this challenge.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #7  

I'm ready to weigh in tomorrow morning. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, as I've likely inched back past One-Der-Land. But, I have to know where I am, so I can nail down where I'm heading.

I find I need to keep working on the same goals: Focus on getting in enough steps/miles per week (30 miles min.), get to the gym for some weight training (4 x per week for 60 minutes) and chill out with some meditation (20 min 4 x per week). I'm, also, going to focus on 12-hour fasting, which will mean I'll stop eating by 8:00 p.m. and then won't eat again until 8:00 a.m.

My main bad habit is snacking at the end of the day. That will be my "bad habit" to tame during the challenge. It really is dumb to do well all day, and then negate it by eating Popchips or Golden Graham dry cereal at night.

10-pound loss, I'm going to own you!

Last edited by munchey; 07-28-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #8  

I weighed in this morning at 201.7. I had been avoiding the scale for the last few weeks & knew I was inching back over 200. I'm glad I weighed and I'm ready to make this challenge work for me.

I'm committed to doing a reality check and soothing myself with something other than food. It's really dumb to rack up 6-7 miles on a given day, only to negate it by eating a 5 oz. bag of Popchips or some other munchey snack like dry Golden Grahams.

I'm going to do this! I can do this!

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 07-29-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Default Hi All

I haven't been on this site in a couple of years but I'm back and I have gained 15lbs. I am setting a goal of 10lbs by the end. I am determined to lose this as well as my final goal of 40lbs by the end of the year.

This morning I weighed in at 278.
Fungirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #10  

Hello everyone i hope i can join in. I had a baby 6 months ago, before getting pregnant i was 129lb and now im 146lb i lost 28lb shortley after giving birth but now it has just come to a stand still iv have changed my diet dramatically and have started working out iv been doing this for around a month but apart from a couple centimeters here and theres its not budging! Im hoping this page will give me more motivation and determination! I look forward to hearing everyones results good luck everyone we can do it! X
Hannahgemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #11  

Fungirl28:
Welcome to the Challenge. I'm glad you joined the Challenge, and I look forward to sharing a 10-lb loss with you by the end of the Challenge! Best wishes with your year-end goal, as well.

Hannahgemix:
Welcome & congrats on the baby! It's good to have you join in. I placed your name and starting weight on the "Challenge Stat" spreadsheet. Would you like to set a target weight-loss goal to reach by 9-23-18?

Last edited by munchey; 07-29-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #12  

Hi, I'd like to join you. Lately I've been eating too much sugar, so I am gaining more and more weight. I'll try to lose 15 lbs for this challenge. I need to get myself together to do it.

My current weight is 180.3 lbs. I want to be 165 lbs at the end of this challenge.

Good luck to everyone!
I.wanna.be.cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.wanna.be.cute View Post
Hi, I'd like to join you. Lately I've been eating too much sugar, so I am gaining more and more weight. I'll try to lose 15 lbs for this challenge. I need to get myself together to do it.

My current weight is 180.3 lbs. I want to be 165 lbs at the end of this challenge.

Good luck to everyone!

I.wanna.be.cute:
Welcome to the challenge. I like sugar as well, so I empathize with you.

We can do this. Best wishes with your goal!

Old 07-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 174.8/174.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Joining the Challege

Hi Everybody,

I am excited to join this challenge. I think motivation is really the hardest thing about dieting and making lifestyle changes. I have updated the spreadsheet with my starting weight, and I plan to think about some personal challenges to add over the course of the next few days. I look forward to this challenge and I hope we are all able to support each other to meet our goals!

-Mombie
Mombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombie View Post
Hi Everybody,

I am excited to join this challenge. I think motivation is really the hardest thing about dieting and making lifestyle changes. I have updated the spreadsheet with my starting weight, and I plan to think about some personal challenges to add over the course of the next few days. I look forward to this challenge and I hope we are all able to support each other to meet our goals!

-Mombie

Welcome Mombie!

I like your Will Power Dust. Let's spread that dust around. We can do this.