Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #1  

Unhappy Feeling helpless

I need help I don't know where to begin. I have been on WW for over 20 years. I would gain and lose the same 40 pounds over and over, never reaching goal weight which would be 55 pounds.I am now 50 years old and menopause is kicking my butt as well. I stress eat Cakes, candies,ice cream, chips. This time I am really afraid because I can't seem to stick no matter how hard I try. I do good for a few weeks lose some weight, only to gain it all back. My cholesterol is now borderline high and I have Barrettes esophagus, you think that would all scare me straight back on to plan, but its not. I am afraid but I am also out of control. Right now as I am writing this I am thinking of eating the Pop Tarts that they have in our office. I'm not in a good place mentally, I am crying while I write this. What am I doing to myself and why am I doing this. I can help everyone else but I can't help myself. I'm just lost in my own head right now and I can't see a way out.
Mia130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/162/140

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon,

It is OKAY to need help when it comes to losing weight. Our bodies are evolutionary programmed to hold on to EVERY pound we have. As a result, when it notices some fat missing, it makes us CRAVE things to put the fat back on. Yoyo-ing is NORMAL. YOU are normal.
My best advice? Get set up with a therapist to try to target the ROOT cause of your emotional connection to food, and a certified dietitian to design a plan for YOU. Everybody has different dietary needs, especially when it comes to weight loss.

I hope you are able to work your way out of this, because you DO deserve to feel better.

Cheers.
jwisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I'm sorry that you feel so helpless, Mia. It is no consolation for me to say that so many others feel this too. Weight loss has to come from within. You have to want it bad enough to stop eating the bad foods. Food addiction is very hard to resolve. My suggestion is to work toward eating health today. Don't think long term. Don't think about all the weight you have to lose. If you can do this for one day, then do it again tomorrow. If you slip up, don't look back, just look forward. You can retrain your taste buds to want healthier foods. Therapy would help, but I know not everyone can afford it and some are reluctant to tell their story face to face.

I suggest you stick around here. Find some threads that interest you, and you might find some new friends who will give you the encouragement you need to succeed. You can do this!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #4  

Thank you so much for your support. Its been a struggle but every day I just keep trying.
Mia130 is offline   Reply With Quote