Old 12-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/165/140

Height: 5.4

Default Does the time between periods become shorter as you lose fat/weight?

I've been losing slowly but steady over a year or so and my periods have been acting weird lately. Once during that last year I waited for almost 2 months to get my period. But the last few months I've had 2-3 weeks between periods (from the first day until the first day of the next time). What's weird also is that they are completely normal, 3-5 days or so and the quantity is also similar to when the time frame was normal.

Has anyone noticed this strange side effect of losing weight? I'm thinking that maybe so much estrogen is being released into the bloodstream as the fat is burned that the lining of the uterus just builds faster....

Any thoughts?

p.s. I haven't lost 100+ lbs but I figured you guys probably have been through most ups and downs of losing weight
Jay73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #2  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

I have not noticed this on my weight loss journey and I've lost 66 lbs. One thing that I do is track my period on an app on my phone. It stores information for over a year and you can add notes about your symptoms. In my case, I've been fortunate to always have a regular 28-30 day cycle even when I was over 350 lbs. I have also never been on birth control, so I don't know if that has something to do with it too. But if I were you, I'd definitely monitor the situation and talk to a doctor if things don't go back to normal for you. I know that some women get fibroids and one of the symptoms is changes in your cycle. Not trying to alarm you or anything, but it's something to consider.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote