Old 02-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #3

Here we go another new thread. Our weather is going to be great today, but then though it will be warm, it is going to rain tomorrow. I would like two things to go together at this point, warm weather and sunshine. I noticed we have no buds on the trees yet.

Tomorrow is my last gyno appointment. It will be one of the stuffing the turkey if you know what I mean. He wants to check and make sure the internal stitches have dissolved and everything feels right. Since there is nothing there, don't know exactly what he is going to feel, but have at it.

I heard the Oscars were horrible last night. Lots of racist jokes and such. It is sad it bleeds into everything now. We are lucky as we are treated nicely where we live.

I am making meat loaf and scalloped potatoes. No potatoes for me, just salad and fruit with my meat.

They have done it again. They completely rearranged the shelves in the commissary and boy did they screw it up this time. They had pain relievers all by themselves by the snacks, then the rest of the medical stuff like vitamins, heartburn, etc a couple rows over. They had pet food with human food and I could go on. The whole store was up in arms. They separated cleaning supplies from the laundry stuff. I wrote a scathing email to the guy that currently runs it. I told him Jack was a 20 yr veteran and had been retired 25 years besides and in all those decades not one commissary store had ever done this except this one and they had done it at least 3 times in 5 years. We were going back and forth trying to find stuff as were everyone else. On top of that, stuff wasn't all put out either. They usually carry 4 brands of fiber there wasn't any in the store. Then we again had to deal with the cashier issue. They had two, one of which told me she was closed and we went down to the remaining open one and the woman opened back up and starting checking again. I don't know if she didn't want to deal with me in a scooter cart or what, why I don't know as we have to unload our carts onto the conveyor ourselves, but by this point Jack and I were steaming and ready to just leave the stuff in the middle of the aisle and walk out. There was a line of people waiting and no one to check them out.

Jean: The whole stairs are wobbly so we decided we needed to change them so someone doesn't get hurt. I wonder why they aren't doing some kind of recall and fixing whatever is wrong with the struts or the cars in the first place. Jack is taking the MKS for its first oil change this Saturday. Hope you had a nice breakfast. Do you guys have Perkins restaurants there? That is where we go a lot. We have a Bob Evans, but it is way across town and we have a Cracker Barrel, but the chairs are so awful to sit on we hardly ever go there and we do like their food. I get the single egg benedict when I go to Perkins. I have a muffin with it but no potatoes.

Well gals I need to fix myself some breakfast. I bought some blueberry preserves yesterday and want to try it out on a piece of toast this morning. Have a good start to your week.

Last edited by gma22; 02-29-2016 at 07:53 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Last of February

GOOD DAY IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS

Hello my Magnolia friends. It is a bright sunny day here and I am enjoying it. The cows are munching in the field and all seems well.

BTW since I skipped a week being weighed I showed a huge loss for me today. I attribute it to my changing my weight loss program for I showed a loss of 11.6 pounds for which I am very happy with. Next week won’t be so huge of a loss since this was two weeks loss but I am still happy with it for sure.

We will be going out and about doing a bit of shopping today. I have a list made of odd things that we don’t usually buy but need. For instance I use quite a bit of lemon pepper and don’t like being out of. We use very minimal salt for I use other items to flavor my cooking.

DONNA FAYE Thank you so much for starting a new thread. Yikes they sure do change things around at that store you shop at. Throws folks off kilter. Sounds like your referbishing project is coming along nicely.

Everyone have a lovely day. Tomorrow brings a new month.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-29-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:46 AM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Well...Wayne went to VB without me this morning. After discussing it, we decided it just wasn't a good time for me to go. I'm feeling okay (just the usual bloat and gas and no Gas-X does not work with me) but he can get things done a lot faster without me there. He worries too much about me and I slow him down. He will be back Wednesday afternoon. And the oldest daughter is taking off from work tomorrow afternoon so I will have fun with her. I will definitely go next time as we're going to have a real estate agent there. I will be so glad when this is over with....this "business end of someone passing away"...gets in the way of grieving and Wayne needs to get to that place where he can finally let it all go. It's been difficult for him. I got a wonderful surprise last night. One of my neighbors down the street from us gave me a prayer shawl. I was so touched by the kind gesture. I've knitted a lot of prayer shawls in the last four years but this is the first one I've received. It mean so much to me. Okay...so now I'm on my own tonight for dinner. My oncologist wants me to try a new veggie or fruit each day to see what I can tolerate. This is something new to me. Applesauce (no sugar added...organic) is good. I can eat a very small tossed garden salad (about 1 1/2 cups) with a teaspoon of oil and a drop of balsamic vinegar. NO raspberries--I'll throw up. My body does not like blueberries either. I have to make sure I eat a "true portion" size and not some gigantic serving. No grains either. I do not need fiber. Nothing fried. No carbonated drinks of any kind. No artificial sweeteners. When I say my body cannot tolerate it, I really do mean it will cause me a lot of pain or I will be nauseous or it's coming up or gonna go out some way. Okay...enough about that.

Perhaps salmon tonight. A little salt. No pepper (another thing I cannot have).

Jean...Easter...the only thing set in stone for Easter is going to church and the all the kids and their kids will be over...and we will eat something!

Donna, good luck tomorrow at the gyn office. I visit there a lot too as I get a lot of yeast infections (from my medication). And yes, the Oscars last night was tiresome. I fell asleep....after I told Wayne if Leo DiCaprio did not win an Oscar this year I'm boycotting it next year! Yes, there was a LOT of jokes/discussion about how racist the Oscars are... Personally, I don't care what color someone's skin is whomever wins but its difficult feeling sorry for anyone that makes millions of dollars for being in a movie. I've read somewhere that it's all politically motivated anyway. Anyway, again, I fell asleep...with my mouth open and drooling (or so my sweet husband tells me). I love meatloaf. I hate when grocery stores rearrange food aisles.

Someone asked where my FIL's house is....in the bayside area...and if you want to discuss bad traffic and high taxes, I'm your person. I swear the Commonwealth of Virginia would tax the air one breathes if they could come up with a way to measure it! BUT the gas prices are low.

And on that note (I am in a good mood today...I swear!) I'm going to Walmart....
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Maggie...you got in here while I was typing...well...THAT is one BIG weight loss! Congratulations to you! I can eat salt but not a lot of it. I ate soup out of can yesterday and it was way too salty and caused me a lot of pain last night. I drink a lot of water in a day but that didn't help either. Today I'm okay. Note to self: no salt!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #5  

I will try this one more time and then I'm done!

I typed a long post this afternoon and it disappeared. Will see if this one goes anywhere.

Last edited by Jean; 02-29-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #6  

Good Evening! It has been another cloudy, gloomy, windy, cold day here. Supposedly snow is on the way tonight. I started my day by having my nails done; I am off my regular schedule since being gone and they were pretty sad looking. We are counting church money tomorrow because the other counter couldn't be there today. The new secretary started today so I'm hoping she will be good, or at least better than the last one who quit w/o notice. I picked up the gift shop money, made that deposit, and took checks back to the accountant. Bob had a manor board meeting at 5 and said it will be a long one. They are scheduled to break ground on a new building in April. I'm thinking a bowl of popcorn for my supper since he will be fed by the chef.

"Gma," thanks for starting the new thread. The way I have to get in here, I have no clue how many posts there are nor what number we are posting under unless you close the previous one. I hate it when stores rearrange their shelves and I'm in a hurry to get in and out. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. We have a Perkins up at the lake, in Sioux Falls, and in Sioux City. Yesterday we went to a "mom 'n pop" place in another little town. It sits next to the railroad tracks and several owners ago acquired a train car and put in tables and booths enlarging the original eating area. Our breakfast was less than $10 and very good.

Maggie, way to go on the HUGE loss! Please send some sunshine my way!

Gail, it sounds like finding food you can eat, and enjoy, must be a challenge. A hard one for sure. How nice to receive a prayer shawl! I can knit but never learned how to read a pattern. We have knitters that make baptismal blankets and prayer shawls at church. They are beautiful.

I hear the garage door going up so Bob is home. Hope you all enjoy your evening.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #7  

Good morning to you all. Poor Jack left to go to work, no rain. I started up the stairs and I heard it pour down so he had to have gotten soaked walking to the Mariner. We need to clean out the right hand of the garage to get the SUV in as there is too much stuff right now for it to pull in so he has to park down on the side street and walk. It is supposed to rain all day.

Today is Super Tuesday so voting day for us. Probably the first time Jack and I won't vote for the same person. We will vote when he gets home from work tonight.

I have the doctor appointment in a couple hours and I hope I don't have to sit around very long. I want to just get it over with. I am tired of going to the doctor. I shouldn't say that as I am sure Gail has to go all the time. I do have to go back to my regular doctor in a month because she upped a medication and she wants to see how it works and then the end of May I have another pharmacy appointment for my Belviq.

I pulled a shoulder muscle again and so it is sore. This wet weather doesn't help either. I have been trying to keep a heating pad on it as much as I can to try and loosen it up a little. It doesn't ache all the time, just when I move it.

Gail: Have you tried other fruits that are sauces? I know they have other things they make like applesauce. Do you do ok with bananas? I would imagine anything with seeds even tiny ones would mess you up. I know they recommend people like me who have colon issues to not eat any of the berry fruits pretty much because of the tiny seeds. I would think anything thready like pineapple would be a no no too. Can you put stuff in smoothies and drink it instead of eating it since you don't need fiber? I sure feel for you as the only way to find out if you can tolerate it is to try it and then wait for the kaboom if you can't eat it. I will continue to pray for you everyday. I know where the bayside area of Va Beach is.

Maggie: Congrats on the loss. I have been searching for chili paste and am having a tough time finding it. I am going to Krogers today and see if they have it. Last resort I will try Fresh Market. I have an Asian shrimp stir fry that Jack likes and I need chili paste. I have always just not put it in before, but I would like to put it in this time when I make it.

Jean: The one thing I can't do and haven't been able to do on the pc is use the smilies. I can use the ones that are on the page, but if I click on more, they won't load. Have no idea why as I can do it on my Ipad. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with the site at all. We went to this great mom and pop place while we were in AR and it was fabulous. Whole thing only cost $20 including the dessert they gave you. The ones here cater mostly to bbq and wing stuff or soul food. Popcorn makes me hurt just thinking of it. I love caramel corn, but popcorn or corn for that matter does not love me back.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Go Advanced

Good morning...

Jean, I think if you type a long post, you need to click the "go advanced" button and not the "quick reply".

Donna...unless something happens physically, I usually go to the cancer center every three weeks. I have months of appointments made in advance. 2014, I was going a lot more. 2014 was NOT a good year! 2015 got better and I'm determined 2016, I will do a lot more and go more places. Somewhere along the line I lost confidence. Although the carcinoid tumor that was found at the bottom of my colon, was removed, the cancer had spread to my liver (I did not drink alcohol except for a couple of glasses of wine during the holidays each year). Twelve inches of my colon was taken out. I am still left with carcinoid syndrome. And I have hemmrhoids. Chronic diarrhea and hemmrhoids do not mix. Add in the severe bloating and gas, and I can be pretty miserable. BUT what I hate the most is the lack of confidence. I need to know where a public restroom is located at all times. And I have a fear of public restrooms. In short, I am a basket case at times. The technical terms of my cancer is: malignant neoplasm of ileum and secondary malignant neoplasm of liver and bile duct. Lovely. I'm at the cancer center every three weeks for bloodwork, a Sandostatin injection (which is $11,100 an inject retail market value...but Medicare and Secondary insurance picks up that), and a meeting with a physcian's assistant and/or my medical oncologist. Sometimes, throw in a visit with my oncology surgeon and then there is my cardiologist because my type of cancer can damage my heart (yes, I'm on Metoprolol at night and Lisinophril/Hydro--something in the morning).

To put it bluntly, there are days when I am afraid of food. I used to be afraid of the scale. Not anymore. I get weighed all the time. I'm afraid of food now and I have to write down what I eat so I can figure out what I can tolerate because it changes all the time. I am frustrated. I am annoyed. And yes, I have seen a psychiatrist and was released after the first visit because he said I was handling cancer normally but if I ever needed him to call him. I like him so if I ever need someone to talk with I would phone him. But I have a great support group: my amazing husband, my daughters, my son-in-law, and my grandchildren who make me laugh. I have wonderful friends and a few extended family down in Va. Beach who love me and we phone each other regularly. I have a wonderful and knowledgeable team of doctors and we meet as needed. The cancer center I go to have a lot of programs I can join if I choose to. From nutrition to yoga classes...a library...it's a research institute also. Not that they have a cure for carcinoid...and well, my liver...I am not a candidate for liver transplant because of the hormones that are being emitted through carcinoid syndrome. I cannot complain (although I do at times at my lowest) because there are some people at the center that are truly going through a lot and are on the brink of death.

Before I get too much long-winded...

Donna and Jean...raspberries make me throw up. Blueberries do the same. I can eat a 1/2 of a banana at a time...but not every day. Right now it's only applesauce and this morning it's a peach cup with no sugar added, packed in juice is sitting well. I cannot drink 8 oz. of milk at a time. 4 oz. is okay. Today's breakfast was two scrambled eggs with no salt or pepper and no spray on the pan, a peach cup, 4 oz. of fat-free milk. That was at 7am and I can go without eating until around 1 pm. I'll be at the mall, and I'll probably eat a half of chicken sandwich with a leaf of lettuce and drink a bottle of water and that MIGHT be okay. I take a lot of Immodium (doctor prescribed) which may or may not work. Beano doesn't always work and it makes my throat feel strange. I tried buying one of those Nutri Bullets to make smoothies...bad, bad, bad. Kohl's took it back without question after I explained. The traffic in VB is so bad these days...it drives my husband nuts. Once we sell his dad's house we probably will never go to VB again.

Maggie, hope that Will is having a good day.

Meeting my oldest daughter today at the mall this afternoon. Today is a somewhat good day. Last night was filled with severe bloating and gas which is getting better. Walking is good for that although I don't feel like it. Doctor says to do it. Wayne will be home tomorrow. Yay! We have a movie date for Friday. Last week, we saw Risen.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking Windy Day

GOOD DAY IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS

I am going to get the plants today to plant in my neat wooden box we got that is for inside planting of herbs. There is a little hole about the size of a nickel in the bottom with screen over it and directions said to line the box with plastic and be sure and cut a hole over the drain spot. I used a plastic bag that was large enough and then they said after all the planting soil was in it then cut the excess plastic off around the top. I have done what I could now so that it is ready for the rest of it done when we get the supplies. We noticed yesterday that herbs are on sale now. I have a nice grow light out in our little building here so we need to locate it. I do have the box sitting on a table in front of a window so it will get the afternoon sun since the other side had a nice window but there is an awning over it so I chose to put it over there. I am excited to get this all started now. Their directions said to place it in a bright window and I think the grow light will help if the window doesn’t let enough sun come in. This box is wooden and 6 inches wide and 15 ½ inches long and 9 inches deep. It has a nice looking little box in the front which holds the sizzlers for snipping the herbs. It is a nice size for what I want to grow and looks good sitting on the table. I love cooking with fresh herbs. I had a nice set up with a grow light system while we were in Kansas in a kitchen window seal. This set up will be different here but I do think it will work fine. Getting my herbs all planted will be nice today. I am going to hopefully get the following: Basil sweet leaves, Chives, Dill, Oregano, Parsley flat & curly, Thyme, Sage, Rosemary, Sweet Margarine, and French Tarragon. I have information covering the use of all of these.

We just got back from buying those plants so now is to get them in the soil. Now is to get another grow light if we can’t locate that one we have in the store house we have this afternoon. Probably easier to buy a new one for this project. When we go after a while to pick up our laundry we will look for one,

Nothing much else going on today but it is windy and sunny.

GAIL That is so wonderful you have such a good folks that are great to you and support is so important.

DONNA FAYE Hopefully you have good news with your doctor visit.

JEAN Popcorn for dinner ~ interesting. That is neat that there is a new one working like that for it will help you out.

I am back for a moment ~ I got all my inside plants planted in that planter and fed and watered and on a table in the sun. The 8 plants fit nicely in that nice planter so we shall see how they grow for the food I have fed them. And BTW I got the mess I made all cleaned up also.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-01-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:25 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon! The sun has appeared just in time to start going down. It's been another cold windy day here. Crazy weather! We counted church money this morning and balanced on the first try. The new secretary must be on the "old" secretary's new time schedule (9:00 or later) because she didn't come in to help us. The job is now considered part-time so the hours can be whatever I guess. I don't know if I picked up a stomach bug somewhere, or what, but have the chills this afternoon and spent most of my time in the bathroom. I don't have time to be sick!

"Gma," we have a funeral director who went to school down south somewhere. There was a restaurant next to the funeral home that closed and he went into partnership with others and opened a bar-b-q place because he liked it so much when he was in school. We haven't tried it but others have said it is greasy, which I don't need. Hope your shoulder feels better soon!

Gail, I hope you enjoyed your time with your daughter at the mall. When we have time I love the mall in Sioux Falls, but I am not a good shopper. Forty years ago it was quite small but has been added on to several times over the years. All the big name stores that aren't in the mall are close by so if I have a list, and am organized, it's good. We are usually on a time schedule because of soccer, football, or baseball games. Sioux City has a much smaller mall with several empty stores so it isn't as handy to shop there. When I go to advanced, the other posts aren't there.

Maggie, have fun with your new plants! My amaryllis plant is outgrowing it's pot, the leaves are huge! When Bob got home from his meeting last night, he said the board has decided to allow pets in all three facilities; two pets for a $500 deposit and $20 per month "rent." Either dogs or cats, and one may have two. Guess I know where we will be going with the "boys."

I need to think of something for supper, a scrambled egg maybe. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 03-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Do not understand

Good morning...I do not understand why some of my posts will "take" and others will not. It is frustrating to post and then it will not appear because it tells me I'm not logged in when clearly I did log in. So...one more time...

Jean, I could teach you the art of Shopping 101 if we lived closer. Shopping is a sport for me. I know that seems shallow of me but I do love shopping/buying for others--especially my daughters and grandchildren. I hit the sales racks first especially in J Jill store (my favorite store for me). In fact, those sales people KNOW me by name. They have even wanted to hire me but of course I cannot work. Yes, I enjoyed my time at the mall with my oldest daughter. We went out to lunch and I bought her a celebration gift for getting a new position at work.

Maggie, I do not have a green thumb. I do not grow plants. I kill plants. Wayne swears that's another sport of mine. I do have plants growing inside my home but I'm not allowed to touch them--he waters them! This is a well known fact in my family.

It is extremely windy in Delaware today. Just got off the phone with the hubster and he's either coming home tonight or early tomorrow. He's getting a lot done in the house down in VB. We have got to get that house on the market soon. Taxes will be due in a few months which is okay because if we have to pay them we can claim them on our 2016 income tax return. As much as I complain about traffic and taxes in VB, I wouldn't mind if we still has the house in June so the rest of the family and I would have a place to stay and we could attend the boardwalk art show.

Okay, lets see if this posts...
Old 03-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Happy Day

GOOD DAY IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS

I have the neat planter on the table by the window and I found a real nice perfect grow light to get to hang over it on a search on the web. We can put it under the cupboard over there and it will be a perfect place over the planter. I can rotate the planter so both sides get a nice sun light from the window in the meantime. My little planter with the Aloe Very plant will like living under the light also. I use that one for burns and sunburns for it has great healing soothing powers in it. My mother used to have a huge planter of it that we used when I was living at home. I learned so much from her and my father.

Will was just picked up at 8:30 this morning by our host who will take him to his appointment in the city today. Hopefully the Doc can answer all the questions that Will has. Our host likes to take him for he is a retired ambulance driver and knows how to get there the quickest and knows the city streets well.

They were out of my usual drink of Boost ~ Calorie Smart ~ for 5 p+ so I will just have to drink some of the higher points ones we have that Will drinks until they re-stock. He said he will buy me a bunch of them when they come in since I am watching my points closely.

The local coyotes were howling last night ~ Yipekio. Some of them live very close to here for sure for we have seen them. I sometimes regret giving my coyote jacket away. But now I have a fox vest that is very pretty. They made it out of the prettiest part of the fur and lined it with silk. It looks good when I wear it over a black silk blouse and have black pants but it has to be “cold” to do that and it hasn’t been that cold ~ just wet because of the rain. Probably, hopefully, by the time I wear it again I will have to get smaller blouses and pants.

GAIL How nice of Wayne to take care of your plants. Will and I both have green thumbs and can grow things. After all he grew up as a farmer before he went into the Navy. My grandfather had a nice farm that grew a lot of market stuff and I learned a lot from him for he had lots of patience with me as a child. So that plus what Will learned we do fine.

JEAN I would like to have a cat but living here the coyotes would get him if the cat was outside. Our neighbor has a couple cats but they pretty much stay inside. We gave our cat Cecil to our neighbor who wanted him when we moved so he has a good home and I sure miss having him though. It would be near impossible to keep a cat inside here in the MH. I love to train a cat to "fetch." Remember "Turn" when I told him to bring me my spider ~which was made out of chiseled glass and silver legs ~ he did for he had taken him off a shelf and I missed him and knew that it was Turn that had taken him. When I looked him in the eye and told him to "Bing me my Spidey" he did and dropped him at my feet.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-02-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:36 AM   #13  

Good morning to you all. It is raining all day again today so I told Jack to just take the MKS. No sense in getting soaked when I am not going anywhere today and don't need either car. I am staying put.

We are having seafood for dinner tonight. Jack has crab cakes and I have cold shrimp. He has tater tots and I have a salad. Easy peasy and for clean up too. I try to rotate our meats so we can get in more fish type foods. Jack will only eat a few kinds. I have a lot of tuna fish so I don't worry too much about me.

I am going to work on the house today, but wait to do floors until tomorrow after the rain moves through. There is no sense in cleaning floors then getting them dirty again. I am not much in the mood right now to do anything so we shall see.

Maggie: Enjoy your plants. I am not much with plants and don't like gardening as I can't get down on my knees.

Gail: You have been through **** and back that's for sure. Having had multiple colon surgeries I do understand your whole bathroom thing as I have to do the same thing. We go to travel and I am always anxious where the rest areas are on the interstate, etc. Rotten thing to deal with all the way around. I am not much of a shopper. I guess because for a long long time I never had money to shop and now that I do, it just doesn't interest me much. I don't get things for the boys because the younger one grows so darn fast and the older one being a teen has his own taste in clothes and is so tall and thin.

Jean: I am amazed at people who think they can go from one career into cooking and running a restaurant. Just because you like something somewhere doesn't mean you know anything about starting a restaurant. One of the highest failures are restaurants and mainly because the people that open them don't know what to do. Of course BBQ is king here, but they know what they heck they are doing and have been in business a long time. I am not into what I call foo foo cuisine. I don't want weird taste combinations just regular ole food. Hopefully, your new secretary will straighten up and fly right.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #14  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning! Wayne surprised me and came home late last night with a truck load of furniture. Now I have to decide where to incorporate it with our own. I'm hoping my daughters will take some of it which they already have...but...where to put it?! Some of it is sentimental and do not want to give it away--it should stay in the family. Tomorrow, we are supposed to get some snow. Not much but I don't like going out in it so I'll do my grocery shopping today.

Donna, my favorite food in the whole wide world is a crab cake. And I eat them often because thankfully my body likes them as well! I can tell you where all the good crab cakes are in Virginia Beach. I can also tell you where they are in Delaware and Maryland. In Virginia Beach, hush puppies are served with them and that is one food my body does not like and will cause me a world of hurt. I didn't know you had colon surgeries. I'm sure you told me but my brain forgets. So you know about the type of anxiety I can have! I absolutely positively hate going to a public restroom as I am LOUD. Enough said about that! I've been blessed that I can shop whenever I want. I shop but I don't always buy....for myself. Yep, this old body of mine has been through a lot but so has your's. Just a different story is all.

Maggie, there are a lot of farmers in my family history on my dad's side and my mom was a fantastic gardener but none of that talent rubbed off on me. Mainly, on my dad's side, they were fishermen...and I can remember fishing nets being mended in the backyard of my grandparents' house. And I have picked a lot of fish out of nets when I was younger.

Hi Jean...Hi Susan....
Old 03-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon! It's another gloomy windy day here. I went to the library to return the two books I just brought home, then discovered I had read them both once I started reading. Stopped by the neighboring grocery store for a couple things I forgot yesterday at the other store. I need to get busy on the deep corner cleaning since I have both crafty club and card club here in a couple weeks. My heart is not in that today but I need to get started. I thought I had posted yesterday, but obviously I did not.

Gail, I had the same problem as you, site would say I wasn't logged in to post, and I was, then it would dump my two cents worth. I should have said I love to go through stores to look at dishes, furniture, etc., just don't like clothes shopping and especially when I need something specific for a wedding, reception, etc. Are the crab cakes frozen ones that you buy at the store or freshly caught? I don't think I have knowingly had crab.

Maggie, I hope Will's appointment with his doctor went well. It's so nice of your neighbor to take him. I've never worn anything made from animal fur. My mom had a mink coat and I had two teddy bears made from it for Maddy and Zowie. Bob's grandma had a mink coat and when she died, her three daughters had stoles made; I have one taking up space in the closet. I do have a snake skin clutch purse that Bob sent from Vietnam, which I would never ever, ever never carry. In fact I don't think it's ever been out of the plastic bag it was shipped in.

"Gma," the funeral home guy just put up the money for the restaurant, he still has his funeral business. It's the only one in town so is always busy. His wife comes from money and they are the ones who built the huge fancy house at the end of our street a few years ago. How do you fix your crab cakes? I asked what hours the new secretary will work and they are 9-3, three days, 9-5 one day, and 9-12 on Friday. It will be interesting to see who is there otherwise. The education director is in and out during the day, and doesn't come in until 10 because she has kids' groups two days after school with Fridays off. The pastor's day off is Tuesday and whenever he can leave a few minutes early. It won't be me!

I need to get busy! Hope you all enjoy this terrific Thursday!