Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-15-2015, 05:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/207/140

Height: 5'5"

Default I feel like I'm self destructing

I binge eat all the time . I don't even need to be hungry. Yesterday I met my husband had a lovely steak dinner then left, we both deliverror rvs around the country and we're going opposite directions, then 30 minutes later I wanted cinnabon intensely bad so I stopped but they didn't have it so I ate a 20 pm chicken nugget! It's crazy behavior! I know I'm emotional I need to find a support group to talk to. My life hit rock bottom two years ago we lost our home and had to start life over at 40 something. The kids were growing up and the empty nest thing hit me like a ton of bricks, I would cry for a week each time one moved out.then the final blow was my youngest son. Shortly after his 18th birthday he changed, he became a loner , paranoid, angry ,then terrifyingly the voices started. He was out of control and hospitalized, diagnosed with schizophrenia. He will never be the same.my smart loveable boy is gone! Replaced by this young man who blames us, he thinks we have super powers are are putting the voices there. Some days are better than others but two years later we still haven't made any progress towards making him understand. He's been hospitalized multiple times. The whole family is afraid of him
I'm terrified he will hurt himself. Yesterday my husband talked to me about sending him to a specialized home. I know he's right but I want to wait till after the holidays. Needless to say I think I'm trying to kill myself with food. My body hurts all the time. I've got terrible foot pain, back pain, and embarrassingly a weak bladder. I can't sleep right. I'm tired and go right to sleep at night but I'll wake up off and on all night. I need help and would love to talk to anyone that has gone through anything like this.
Sunnyjennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #2  
Aleta

S/C/G: 160.2/156.4/125

Height: 5' 6.5"

Sorry you're going through all of this. The only thing I can say is, if you're not in therapy with a counselor you should find one. When my world crumbled back in 2011 I put it off for two years. Once I found counseling....just for myself, and went on a low dose of Zoloft, my life has been changing for the better.
Kitiaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #3  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

I read your post a few days ago but couldn't reply until now. I feel for you. Your struggles sound hard for anyone, and I can see why you would make these choices. If you are open to alternative health choices, meditation is a great option. Hugs to you.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:11 PM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry for all you're going through; it would be overwhelming for anyone to cope with so much.

In addition to the other suggestions you've received, I wanted to suggest a support group for family members of those struggling with mental illness. I have heard good things about a group called NAMI. Hopefully they have a local meeting group in your area where you live.

Hugs to you.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Awe Sunny I am going to pray for you today and your son. I know how you feel on the binge,had 2 this week,its like this switch that flips and I start and before I stop its usually an extra 1000 calories for the day.
I have struggled since my world broke in 2006 ,diagnosed with ptsd after hemorrhaging when my son was 12 days old,got on low dose of Effexor and 1 mo counseling but that stress sent me into menopause at 35 and at 38 completely post menopausal and gained 30lbs. Hang in there and be kind to yourself,May God wrap HIS loving arms around you.GOD bless
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/207/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for the encouragement and support
Its nice not to feel alone. I have a great husband but it's nice to have outside opinions. I'm looking for a support group for families of mental illness and yes namiis in our area I'm just looking for a meeting that will work. Not sure if I could meditate I have difficulty turning off my thoughts but I'll definitely research it.
Thanks
Sunnyjennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

NAMI is a great resource, definitely check it out. And I'm sorry you are going through that with your son, that is really tough. I hope things get better.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #8  

I hope you get well soon... I wish you the very best!
sara996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:39 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyjennyb View Post
Thank you for the encouragement and support
Its nice not to feel alone. I have a great husband but it's nice to have outside opinions. I'm looking for a support group for families of mental illness and yes namiis in our area I'm just looking for a meeting that will work. Not sure if I could meditate I have difficulty turning off my thoughts but I'll definitely research it.
Thanks
Therapy can also help you for dealing this situation and feel better. It also help you to get better treatment and decide for the better medication.
JenniferDrost is offline   Reply With Quote