Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default Bras: How often do you replace during ongoing loss?

Hi Ladies:

How often do you replace bras in weight loss? No, I am not anywhere near that point right now, but I'd like to know how often you find you need to replace yours as the scale goes down? May I ask, what do you replace them with, as I know bra's aren't cheap if you go the good one route. Do you just go with one that's more stretchy, do the cheapies until you are at a good place to shore up the foundation? Or just one or two good ones that are on heavy rotation? The last bra's I got are cacique, so I'd rather not have to spend so much on the way down the scale. And I know when I have lost weight in the past this is one area that returned down to normal for me.

TIA!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #2  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I go to thrift shops and rummage sales and buy some bras. When I get to goal weight will get some new bras. I also bought some bra extender hooks so I can wear smaller size bras if I need to. I also like to wear sport bras the kind that's all one piece. I know the first place I lost weight was my chest. I guess depends on how fast you are losing weight to see when You need a smaller bra. I hope this helps. Good Luck on Your weight loss.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:04 PM   #3  

I am going the cheap route personally until I reach goal or close enough to goal. I have a C cup currently and I don't seem to have problems finding a good fit. I would say if you are going with a more expensive type, a couple in rotation would be the way to go. I would start watching for sales or looking in thrift stores personally just so you have them when you need them.
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #4  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Lemon,

I buy from Just my size. About $15.00 a bra. I keep them until they reach the last hook. But only if they are too stretched out. Sometimes on their site they give you specials buy one get one so much off. Wal Mart also carries them if you need to try them on.

Right now I am a 44DD tight. So they are hard to find in the store so I order off the internet.

Hope this helps.
LG
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:24 PM   #5  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I used to have cacique bras too (which are pretty pricey) and once I started to lose weight I just started buying cheap ones until I was at goal. I didn't even start losing in my boobs until the end of my journey so it wasn't an issue for awhile.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #6  

Thank you all for your replies. I do hope that the loss continues and that includes here as well. The second to last time I went bra shopping the gal who measured me laughed at me and said we don't have your size but maybe we can squeeze you into something. So bra shopping is not my favorite thing to do, who the heck needs to be laughed at because of their size no matter what it is? Mine just happened to be a bigger band size w/a smaller cup size, which frankly I don't think is unusual but to this gal it was. Thank you again!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Well, I bought a new bra when I was about 25 lbs down, not planning to buy another one before the goal. I just wash it often and use a good anti-perspirant, and at home always wear my old, too big bras, using the new one (from M&S discounts) only when I go out somewhere.

But this is because I'm poor. :P Right now having real problem with knickers, they're all tooooo big!!

Last edited by pigeon; 08-29-2015 at 12:33 PM.
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #8  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Haven't even had to replace mine and I'm nearly 60 pounds down. I should replace them because they are old, but they do still fit on the smallest clasp! I'd probably go for some cheap bras from TJMaxx or something like that when I'm ready though.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #9  
Shakin that bacon

S/C/G: 242/192/125

Height: 5'2

Took me a good 40 pounds before I needed another bra. Even then, only the band size went down! The cups stayed the freaking same! I have ginormous boobs too. If I could afford a reduction I would get it in a heartbeat!
SpiritWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #10  

Well, my back fat is leaving some, so my bands are at the furthest in right now. Perhaps in the next few weeks I may see some changes which is good. I won't knock the loss of back fat.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #11  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I need to go bra shopping. When I am running it doesn't feel like I am wearing one, but I am just a 34/36B so its not like I have big ones.

I have been wearing a size 38B for a while and I need to go down at least a size so I will buy some later this month.

But this is my first replacement as when I was big I never had that much weight in this area.
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #12  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

I have just replaced my bras for the 2nd time, and the cups are already getting baggy again. I literally bought it less than 3 weeks ago, argh. The back is getting loose as well; I would like to think it's just stretching out, but if a bra is stretching at less than 3 weeks' use, there is a quality control issue!

I'm not impressed about losing boobage, but only because they are looking quite deflated at the moment. I practically have to roll them up like scrolls to get into a bra!

ETA: I do buy more expensive ones (Bravissimo in the UK, £28 a pop) because I still have big boobs and need the scaffolding. The next time I need to size down, I might start fitting into cheaper brands. Ooh! What a thought.

Last edited by Raisin5Cookies; 10-08-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #13  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Height: 5' 5"

Exactly Raisin5cookies! I can't wait for cheaper bras...and I can't wait for variety!!!! Theres a subscription service too where you just get bras sent to you! I can't wait to be in just the basic full figure range! Lately I 've been wearing a sports bra from Panache all of the time....its got a connector in the back so once you tighten the straps all of the way it can go just a little tighter so its gotten me through the past 15 lbs.....but my breasts are usually the last to go. Ah I'm scared to see what they'll look like this time!
GoodyFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

I honestly saved all my smaller bras because they were so expensive. Guilty pleasure: I buy 200% of my lingerie from Victoria's Secret and I can never bring myself to get rid of everything because I spend so much time hand washing and everything. I swear I have a drawer full of 'one day' bras but honestly the second I realize nothing fits I'll probably splurge again because reasons who can resist new bras? I can honestly say I'll miss having big boobs though...
howyoulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #15  

I got rid of my better bras about 2 years ago - after DC was born and I looked at those cup sizes and laughed or cried I can't remember which - maybe both at where the old girls had gone to. I thought at the time I'd never get back down to those sizes, so let someone have a good find at Goodwill. But I think I may have to finally go get a cheaper bra or two, yesterday the cups were floating all over the place, either the bra is too big (yep) or it's too shot. Funny how things change and where the weight comes off.

Raisin - I hear you on the rolling up - who would have thought that would be part of our lives!