Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-10-2015, 05:36 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat August 10 - August 16

We still wish for rain around here. Perhaps I should be grateful that it contributes to building my patience to stand watering our veggie garden.

Last week I did three sessions of Treadmill Bootcamp at my gym. The sessions are good for me because I work harder in a group. Hoping to keep that up.

Andrea - I really got a lot from "Being Mortal" by Atul Gawande. It drove home the point that I only theoretically accept that my journey is finite and that I'm a part of the end game.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:31 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Enough rain here... The lawn service has been unable to mow for 3 weeks thanks to the rains. Perhaps we need a goat.

I'm beginning a new exercise program this week. Should be interesting to see how I do on it. It's high intensity stuff. The advantage is that each day's workout takes 20-30 minutes tops.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Morning! Crazy few weeks for me ahead - all my cat clients went on vacation at the same time so 3 extra hours of work every day until August 22.

Re working out in as little time as possible I keep looking at that Bowflex ad which says something about "14 minutes, all you need is 14 minutes 3X per week" and features all these buff trim people using their machine. Unfortunately for us (or maybe fortunately as they never advertise the price of this miracle machine) we have never lived in a place with high enough ceilings in the basement to accommodate one of these machines.

Good week all! I will lurk and post as I can.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

No rain here, really. Thursday was cloudy and there was one microburst with about 2 minutes of rain in the city next to ours.

Golf Saturday was so nice! We started early and were done before 9:30 and I don't think it had hit 90 degrees at that time. Sunday was just as nice but we didn't golf and I could barely get out of bed!

We've tasked our DS to change out all the drip emitters in our front and back yard while he's off school this summer. He gets up at about 6 AM and is able to change about 8 per day, which is snail's pace, but it would be horrible to try and do more than that with temperatures hitting 110. He gets them done before the hot sun starts to hit. I imagine we have 100 emitters. I doubt he'll get them all done before he leaves but if he can get to the most damaged ones (the ones that see sunlight all day as opposed to those under bushes) we'll be in good hands. We've had a bunch fail in the past few months and that just wastes water when they gush.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

School starts Wednesday so been back since last week in preplanning. Still need to finish up lesson plans before Wednesday.
Been doing tons of biking, running and lifting. I quit my third job when my DD graduated but had been counting on my second job staying around (adjunct professor job but all online). They haven't offered me anything for next semester so I'm not happy about that. May need to look for another place to teach online. Kind of sad that many teachers I know all have second jobs.

My weight has been fluctuating and is back up, just two pounds, but I'm surprised because I do so much exercise. Although I do eat a lot too!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Came back from Houston Monday and left today for Southern California. We went to Magic Mountain today.... Soooo much walking.... Staying in Burbank tonight and going out to dinner soon.... Expect my weight is/will be up.... Figure I'll deal with any gains next week.

Tomorrow we are going to Warner Brothers Studios and Universal Studios. I'm excited as I've never been any of the places we are going.

Back to school next Monday for me so this is my last hurrah.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote