Old 05-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

Default Paleo Diet

I would like to ask this group if Paleo works for weight loss. I read a lot of info about its requirements,restrictions and see it's a form of low carb but does have fruit in there along with veggies but exempts dairy,grains,breads and all kinds of things but my mission is weight loss and I have lost 37.5 lbs. with calorie counting this last week and before that Weight Watchers.
Looking forward to your answers.

Thank you!!!
Stacy
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5'4"

Sorry this question was here for so long before I noticed. I was strict paleo for about six months, now I call my diet "paleo-ish." Staying away from lots of sugar, grains, and milk helps with my rheumatoid arthritis and IBS.

I lost weight, but only by also tracking and controlling calories and macronutrient ratios. I ran into lots of people who swore they ate all they wanted and lost tons of weight, but that did absolutely not happen for me. But I should probably note that I'm in recovery from binge eating disorder and my version of eating all I want could be pretty different from someone else's.
Violette_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #3  

It definitely can help with weight loss, but you may still need to count calories. I liked eating paleo, but I had trouble losing unless I kept my carbs under 50g a day. I added dairy back in and am doing low carb, high fat.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

When I first went paleo I lost 14 lbs in two weeks, but I don't think it was necessarily fat loss so much as the reduction of inflammation. It turned out that I had several food allergies including corn, soy and dairy. When I went paleo those things were cut out of my diet, and my body calmed down accordingly.
reisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I am on day five of Paleo and only lost one lb. I don't think this is going to work unless I also count calories.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #6  

If you have lost 1 pound in five days doing paleo I think you're doing very well! You will generally lose 1 - 2 pounds a week on paleo. It's not a crash diet and it shouldn't be seen as such. If you want to tweak it, have less carbs instead of less calories.
Weightever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Thanks Weighever..it seems like i dropped some weight and then Im at a standstill. I am probably eating too much of something, not sure what....its very frustrating. In the Whole30 book it talks about how this isn't a diet for weight loss, it is to eat healthier and not to weigh yourself for 30 days...YEAH RIGHT! I can't say that i feel any differently except I don't feel like I need as much coffee so maybe my body is responding to being healthier, i'm not sure.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:17 AM   #8  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I've been doing some research and it seems like a very interesting diet. I will start as soon as I can go to the store and stock up. It seems like a bit more expensive diet, does anyone have any tricks to eating paleo on a slim budget?
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #9  

The best thing to do is find a healthy diet you can stick to combined with a good exercise regime.
I’m on the paleo diet myself and I love it. I lost a lot of weight and I feel much better with much more energy!
The beauty about the paleo diet is that whilst there is a focus on good foods, there are so many resources to help you make these into delicious recipes.
sara996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #10  

I like paleo too - I did Whole30 recently and am planning to do it again starting January 1!
Weightever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #11  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I did paleo a couple years back and lost about 40 lbs. I was doing it in conjunction with a daily workout program, which helped, but it was primarily the diet that caused the weight loss. I'm very carb sensitive so the way paleo just kind of naturally reduces carbs (by cutting out grains, legumes) helped me a lot. I am doing a paleo-ish diet right now and am losing weight again, albeit a bit more slowly. I plan to start Whole30 on July 1 which should really kick start the weight loss again. Once again I'm doing daily exercise in conjunction with the diet.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote