Old 05-18-2015, 08:52 PM   #1  
Losing Weight in SD

S/C/G: 210.5/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Default Can't get motivated to exercise!

I am such a busy single mom and I know there is no excuse for not exercising however; I just can't seem to motivated to exercise.

I keep saying that I will get up at 4am to do so however; that does not work.

What are you doing to exercise? I am losing weight however; think the process would go much faster if I would exercise more.
sacajaweapatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

About my 2nd week into the 5&1, I started Leslie Sasone's 5 Mega Miles. I love it! When I first started, I only would complete one mile. I sweat like crazy and loved it! It wasn't hard at all and super easy to follow. I was able to follow along in the living room and in the privacy of my room as well. Now, about 4 weeks in, I was able to complete the entire DVD the other night! Before I knew it, I had worked out for 1.5hrs including warm up and cool down! I felt fantastic! I've tried other DVDs like Jillian Michaels and I've thrown out my back a few times. But not with Leslie! I am thinking about getting her other DVDs! GOOD LUCK!
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #3  

I was working out 3-4 times a week for the past month and I think my body did not like it. I only lost 7lbs for the month of July. I had been averaging 13. I was at 223.4 on monday and today I was at 221.0 I am going to take the week off and see what happens so that way I can gage what is going on.
I did research on this topic and it is a 50/50 that some people lose more weight while working out and some people lose slower. Every body is different.
Richy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #4  
Losing Weight in SD

S/C/G: 210.5/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Thank you ladyvwj I never heard of Leslie Sasone and just looked her videos up on youTube. This definitely looks like something I can do here at home so!

Richy37 I started going to the gym at 4am and found that I lost slower than when I did not exercise at all. So, now I go when I hit a plateau. I also, think the smaller you get the less you start to lose. Also, you are doing great on your loss! Do you have any other suggestions?
sacajaweapatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #5  

sacajaweapatrick,
I have a coach that I report my weight every morning. Drinking at least 80+ ounces of water is huge for someone who really never drank a whole lot of water his whole life.
This is a journey. This is my 4th month and I have to say I have fallen off complete plan maybe 3 times. You have to will yourself that you can do this. I get the cravings and the hunger pangs in the middle of the night. I fight through it.
I find using my fitbit is a tremendous help so I can login on my phone and add water, food and it tracks your activity.
You can do this! 36lbs is a lot of weight!
Old 08-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ok, this is going to sound like really, crazy, cuckoo advice, but...

If you are finding it hard to fit into your schedule and forcign yourself to do it is threatening your entire weight loss program- then don't do it.

it's better to not exercise and eat right and create other great habits than to just give up on everything.

There are ways you can incorporate more movement into your day - take the stairs at work. Intentionally take loads of laundry up and and downstairs in smaller groupings. Take a walk over lunch break. Break exercise up into 5 minute windows thorughout the day, etc.

Just don't give up EVERYTHING because you're being stretched too thin trying to fit the gym or formal fitness training into your schedule.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

berryblondeboys - that's a great point too.

I myself, need the boost. Working out to me seems like it does slow my weight loss but at the same time supports me mentally: I worked out so I should eat healthier or it would have been for nothing. Also, it energizes me to keep going. It is hard for some to make the time vs. those who can get away for a couple of hours. Every work day, I park in the garage downstairs (basement) and take 3 flights of stairs up to my office. I decided last week to start adding more flights (6 floors building). So in the mornings now, I go all the way up before I come back down to the 3rd floor. I sneak away at about 10AM before it gets hot and go all the way down and go all the way back up. Days I am tired, I don't go all the way up. But it's been getting easier and easier. I've been averaging 7 flights of stairs per day. No one misses me for 5 mins, that's how long it takes me now. It doesn't burn a whole lot of calories but it pumps up my heart and gives my calves a workout. When I'm too tired to put in my 30mins of Leslie, I don't feel so bad because I did great on the stairs.
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:12 AM   #8  

So I have decided to not work out until I am 190 - 200lbs. Apparently my body did not like me doing moderate cardio and strength training and I stopped losing for about a week. This week I have lost 4.2lbs.
I have lost 56lbs thus far and another 25 lbs will not kill me if I wait. When I go into transition I will definitely be hitting the gym 3-4 times a week.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #9  

That happened to me, too! I was working out real hard, running, and weight lifting, but I quit losing weight. So, now I just do moderate walking for longer periods of time and I'm back losing again!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #10  
Get the fat outta here!

S/C/G: 313/163/163

Height: 5'11"

Don't forget, while eating fewer calories and fewer carbs, we don't really have enough to burn in a hard core gym routine. I agree with berryblueboys - try to incorporate more movement in your everyday world, creating healthy habit will help you in the long run.
I am with you though, I do need to start some light strength training or something and can't seem to get motivated
MoMo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

You are all inspiring me.
I had a hip replacement more than a year ago, and I have learned that it is harder to return to being able to do everything I could do 5 years ago if you had a time of less ability before surgery. For me it was over a year.
I did ok while I had PT, but after the insurance quit paying, I got sluggish.
Also have two knees that take turns giving me fits.
Today I could have taken my dog to the state park close by (but have to drive) to walk some trails, but there is a lot of snow....and I chickened out.
I am going to try harder. I am pretty active at home,(retired) but really, it is not exercise.
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote