Old 10-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #1  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

Default Doing it on your own

So, my ticker and all that stuff isn't close to correct. I lost a lot of weight on MRC about 4 years ago and due to binge eating it's all back, plus quite a bit. I now have about 110 lbs to lose. I'm seeing a therapist for my binge eating disorder, but no "traditional" weight loss efforts (eat less, move more) is working for me. I did so well with MRC because of how strict it is. My hope is that I can again be successful with MRC and when it comes to maintenance, the tools I am learning in therapy will help me to stay at a healthy weight.

For various financial reasons (main one being we just filed bankruptcy) I can't afford to do it thru the center. I'm able to afford the drinks from another company, and I never really used the supplements in the past. I need to look for my blue menu, but I still have all my preconditioning, food lists and green menu. I gather there have been changes from the other posts I've seen, but I did fine the first time around on that plan.

Is anyone else here doing it on your own? How are you doing? Any special tips or tricks you'd like to offer?
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTiara22 View Post
So, my ticker and all that stuff isn't close to correct. I lost a lot of weight on MRC about 4 years ago and due to binge eating it's all back, plus quite a bit. I now have about 110 lbs to lose. I'm seeing a therapist for my binge eating disorder, but no "traditional" weight loss efforts (eat less, move more) is working for me. I did so well with MRC because of how strict it is. My hope is that I can again be successful with MRC and when it comes to maintenance, the tools I am learning in therapy will help me to stay at a healthy weight.

For various financial reasons (main one being we just filed bankruptcy) I can't afford to do it thru the center. I'm able to afford the drinks from another company, and I never really used the supplements in the past. I need to look for my blue menu, but I still have all my preconditioning, food lists and green menu. I gather there have been changes from the other posts I've seen, but I did fine the first time around on that plan.

Is anyone else here doing it on your own? How are you doing? Any special tips or tricks you'd like to offer?

They did away with the yellow and blue menu, it's now called Metabolic More, it's basically they do the preconditioning menu then you move forward to the green menu. But on the new More menu all your protein is in one column you don't have to choose and they added healthy fats and extras. So if you do the pre-conditioning then just start the green menu you should be fine. I have done this three times and each time I've gotten to the green menu my cravings always come back. Goodluck to you.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #3  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Going it alone this time. I lost 40lb a few years ago but bad choices, a pregnancy, and a sedentary job put it back on. Soooo...here we go!

Last edited by DZackery; 10-20-2014 at 10:10 PM.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #4  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

PinkTiara22, I think the most important thing is making sure you are tracking your food and staying on plan. See if you can find a friend to do the program with, or maybe you and DZackery can buddy up? I tried going it alone the last month (did MRC last fall), and found I personally needed the accountability of going to the center twice a week, so I rejoined on Monday.

Good luck!
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #5  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

So far so good. I always love how the weight seems to disappear so fast that first week. It's officially slowed down but I'll take the 8 pounds so far. I'm not keeping myself as strict on the plan this time....pretty strict though. So far I'm ok and I am actually less hungry than I used to be. And the sugar cravings arent AS bad. We shall see!

Last edited by DZackery; 10-28-2014 at 08:50 PM.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:26 AM   #6  
rmthye

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5' 2"

HELP.....I really want to try MRC on my own, but need someone to share how to get started and how to move on. I see that others are willing to share info on this and I would love it if you could share it with me. Thanks.
rmthye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:11 AM   #7  

I'm starting over too and I understand the expense of the center. I think it's all about whether or not you have your mind made up to do it. I also lost 60 lbs about 5 years ago and kept it off until about a year ago, so here I go again. I have ordered the drinks through Diet Direct, but the center sells them now whether you are signed up or not and I think they might be cheaper there. Good luck!!
tfleedom is offline   Reply With Quote