Old 08-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #1  

Default Can I do this? NO, no, I MEAN - I CAN DO THIS !!!

It's funy how the same words in a different order can make such a difference

Hi everyone and congratulations on all of the weight loss!

I start Optifast tomorrow. I am really excited to lose this weight but also really nervous about staying on track.

I was supposed to start last week but because of a mix up at the dr's office I was not cleared to start until tomorrow. I had to wait 3 months to get an appt. to start the program, then, needed to meet with a dietician before I was allowed to purchase the shakes and get started.

Unfortunatley, the dr. office forgot to mention the second appt with the dietician. So after a little melt down of my own, I am ready to get started.

I have been on many diets before. I start off great and love to see the initial weight loss but have always put the weight back on. I really want to stick to it this time. I am over this weight gain. All of your stories are very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

I guess I am just asking for a little support and by putting it out there I will be held accountable to stay on track.

I have my shakes ready to take to work tomorrow. Have my water bottle to keep track of the amount of H20 I am drinking and am ready to go. Wish me luck
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #2  

Thumbs up

Day #1 - So far so good.
I have a terrible cold so I don't have much of an appetite.

Every little bit helps I can do this!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome MaryBB!! hang in there! It sounds like you've got a solid plan and a support system set up, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Hope your cold goes away QUICK!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #4  

Thank you Mrs. Snark, I really appreciate all of the support
I read your blog and love it. Your pictures are very inspiring!

Day 1 is going ok. Day 2 tomorrow, I'm ready
Old 08-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Yes, you can do this! I hope it's going well for you. The first week can be tough as you overcome some of the habits you don't even realize you have, and maybe experience some feelings of deprivation. When that scale starts moving, you get over it.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #6  

Hi Twinieten, Thank you so much for replying. 144 views and only 2 comments? I was hoping to get a little more support but that's okay. I'm going to do this!

I can't wait until I have a few weeks under my belt. I am really tired of carrying all of this extra weight.

I am only weighing myself once a week so I am very anxious to see what the scale says. Thanks again for commenting, it made my day.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

There are alot of lurkers on these boards -- always has been, it definitely isn't personal or anything.

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!

Just think of January 1, 2015 which will be here before we know it! On that day you are going to be SO GLAD you already started making positive changes, that you didn't wait and join the ranks of the "I'm going to start making changes on January 1" group!

Edited to add: I don't know why the New Year is already on my mind, but I swear that for me, once September hits the rest of the year FLIES by in a rush of holiday parties and shopping and then BOOM it is Jan 1!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-21-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:57 AM   #8  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hello again, MaryBB!!! Hope your cold is gone by now. I agree that Mrs Snark's blog is inspiring. I am thinking of you right now because I am SO hungry. Just knowing that you are sticking with helps me, so thanks for all of your posts here and in other places.

Mrs. Snark: I totally agree with you about time flying once we hit September. I motivate myself by imagining how much weight I might lose between now and January and knowing that one way or another, my body will be different- smaller, stronger and closer to "me".

Wardrobe update could be fun Boxing Week as a reward. What do you think, MaryBB?
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #9  

Day #6 today Not hungry anymore, but still being tempted by old habits. I haven't cheated and am very happy about that. So tempted to step on the scale today, but I am sticking to my plan and will weigh in Monday am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
There are alot of lurkers on these boards -- always has been, it definitely isn't personal or anything.

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!

Just think of January 1, 2015 which will be here before we know it! On that day you are going to be SO GLAD you already started making positive changes, that you didn't wait and join the ranks of the "I'm going to start making changes on January 1" group!

Edited to add: I don't know why the New Year is already on my mind, but I swear that for me, once September hits the rest of the year FLIES by in a rush of holiday parties and shopping and then BOOM it is Jan 1!
Mrs. Snark, once again thank for your your encouragement! You as Sooooo right about getting started now and not waiting until January. The old me would have waited for the right time. I'm glad I started now and look forward to looking nice for the holidays. Hopefully by Jan. 1, I will have healthier eating habits and a better lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twish View Post
Hello again, MaryBB!!! Hope your cold is gone by now. I agree that Mrs Snark's blog is inspiring. I am thinking of you right now because I am SO hungry. Just knowing that you are sticking with helps me, so thanks for all of your posts here and in other places.

Mrs. Snark: I totally agree with you about time flying once we hit September. I motivate myself by imagining how much weight I might lose between now and January and knowing that one way or another, my body will be different- smaller, stronger and closer to "me".

Wardrobe update could be fun Boxing Week as a reward. What do you think, MaryBB?
Hi Twish,
How are you doing? Cold is almost gone, thanks for asking. Week #2 is just around the corner ... Can't wait to talk about our weight loss at week #12

Last edited by MaryBB; 08-23-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: I hate typos :)
Old 08-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #10  

Tomorrow is my first weigh in. I know the number I want to see on the scale but I can't be unrealistic. I didn't gain this weight in 1 week so I don't expect to lose it in 1 week either.

My goal is to stay the course tomorrow even if I am not happy with the numbers on the scale. I will NOT cheat. A loss is a loss and cheating will cause a gain ... I can do this !

Last edited by MaryBB; 08-24-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

And remember, weightloss is non-linear anyway.

You know what you accomplished this week and the number on the scale can't capture all of that work, all of that dedication, all of those good decisions. It just can't.

So congratulations on your first week, that week is always SO difficult! Well done you!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Congrats on your first week!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #13  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Congrats on week 1! I'm on day 5 and glad that the feeling of being lightheaded has passed. I feel fine. Not really hungry, but still not used to not eating. Others have said it can take a couple of weeks, so....

Hope things go your way tomorrow at the weigh-in. You're winning already, one way or another.
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:55 PM   #14  

Thanks guys!

I went out today to run a quick errand that lasted well longer than I expected. I got really hungry and tempted to make a bad choice but resisted. Next time, I will always carry a shake with me just in case. Lesson learned
Old 08-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #15  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hi there Mary, twish, and other people I haven't met in the chat thread

Things are a bit quiet, but I guess that's due to summer and disruption of routine. I personally have been having trouble even getting my weekly weigh-in posts done- much less any other. I hope to post a little more regularly now that the kids are back in school. Will we see you in the summer chat thread? Or the weigh-in thread today for your first weigh-in?

Mary, bananas and low fat crackers are two things I find handy as emergency rations.

Last edited by Magicsusan; 08-25-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote