Old 09-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/179/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Body comp?

When I first joined, they did a body comp, and at a target BF%of 30, my predicted weight was 174. (I started at251, and am at 204 now) . At my last visit, they redid the body comp, and now it says that at 30%, my predicted weight is 155. She acted like that was a good thing. Maybe I don't understand, but if my body fat was going to be 30% at 174 lbs, shouldn't it be less than that at 155?? What am I missing? Does that mean I'm losing muscle mass?

(I'm 5'8" and 51 years old if that helps)
DeannG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #2  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Im late to the game but I think yes, it means that either 1) their scale was off originally or youve lost a little bit of muscle, have you come out of ketosis/off plan at all?
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

If you don't do weight training, you will lose muscle mass. If you are on any sort of calorie restriction, you will lose lean body mass, which includes both muscle tissue and organ tissue and bone. As you lean out, your body doesn't require your organs to be as large to accommodate your size, so over time, the organs will shrink a little.

But at your weight, it may be difficult to get an accurate reading on your lean body mass if you're only doing a fat caliper test or a bioimpedance test. A DEXA scan is the most accurate way to determine LBM and body fat %.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote