Old 05-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Close to goal, BUT...

I'm sooooo close to my goal, but been stuck here for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. Been doing this since July 9, 2012. When I talked to my counselor on Thursday (I am doing the "at home" program & we talk 2 times a week), she said that if I'm still stuck, maybe we'll do week 1 of stabilization to get past this, and do 2 weeks of that. Thing is, when I first signed up, the goal she suggested was 140, and I said 135, but I'd really like to aim for 130. So, I was hoping to hit the 135, and then lose the other 5 during the stabilization process.

So, my questions are, how many people lose during the stabilization period, and how much did you lose?

Also, I'm getting very nervous about the maintenance part, if they say count calories... I love having a list, because if something is not on the list, I don't eat it, and have the excuse that whatever isn't on my list. I recently found out that I have early age related macular degeneration (I'm only 48!), and the suggested diet guidelines for that are low glycemic low carb and high protein, so MRC works with that, so I guess I could work with my counselor to come up with a new list that works.

Any thoughts?
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I lost 1-2 lbs each week on stabization and started maintenance 8 lbs under my goal. I fluctuate between 130 and 134. When I'm at the 134, I can usually figure out what got me there, but a day or so of careful eating takes it right back off.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #3  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
I'm sooooo close to my goal, but been stuck here for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. Been doing this since July 9, 2012. When I talked to my counselor on Thursday (I am doing the "at home" program & we talk 2 times a week), she said that if I'm still stuck, maybe we'll do week 1 of stabilization to get past this, and do 2 weeks of that. Thing is, when I first signed up, the goal she suggested was 140, and I said 135, but I'd really like to aim for 130. So, I was hoping to hit the 135, and then lose the other 5 during the stabilization process.

So, my questions are, how many people lose during the stabilization period, and how much did you lose?

Also, I'm getting very nervous about the maintenance part, if they say count calories... I love having a list, because if something is not on the list, I don't eat it, and have the excuse that whatever isn't on my list. I recently found out that I have early age related macular degeneration (I'm only 48!), and the suggested diet guidelines for that are low glycemic low carb and high protein, so MRC works with that, so I guess I could work with my counselor to come up with a new list that works.

Any thoughts?
Yes they have what is called the Maintenance Smart foods List, ask your center for it when you go on maintenance. goodluck
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Thanks to both of you! My counselor is really very good, so I'm sure she give me that list.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote