5 and a half stone to lose.....

• Hey, my name is Zoe and im from Yorkshire.

I am currently the heaviest I have ever been in my life at 15st 8lb.

I went down to 14st 7lbs before Christmas and was amazed at how well I looked but stress lead to me putting on a stone and a half over the holidays. I see pictures of myself and I feel disgusted because I don't see myself like that but I just am honestly ashamed of the way I look and I'm determined to do this for my son - I don't want to be 'the fat mum' when he goes to school.

I currently attend slimming world and I was wondering if anyone had tried the 30 Day Shred and if it works for someone who weighs as much as me? I definitely need to exercise more, my eating habits are ok but sometimes I have those hiccups we all have.

I have been reading some of the stories on here and you ladies are amazing inspiration!
  • Hi I am in a similar boat, need to lose 6 stone, I have yoyo'd 2 stone for the past 3 years. My daughter is starting to remark about my big bits (I spelled that right haha) and I don't want her getting bullied at school for me!

God luck and I don't know about the 30 day shred but I'm sure someone else will come along and let you know.
  • Thanks! I've yoyo'd between this and 13st for about 6 years now and I need to put a stop to it because I know it'll only get worse if I leave it - I just love food haha!
  • If it wasn't for that pesky food lol...
  • Welcome Jonesy

I don't know 30-day shred but would recommend starting off with small things to build up your fitness first - not sure how strenuous Jillian Michaels workouts are. I started at a similar weight to you, Jonesy and could barely walk a mile back then. I just started by doing longer and longer walks along with regular stretching exercises and some weights. You'll be amazed how fast it builds up.

Oh and I'm on Slimming World too - I love it and am close to target now after years of yo-yoing. Go for it!

Come and join our challenge thread too.
  • Thanks Elliemar, I really need to get fitter! I barely do any exercise because most of my time is spent in front of a computer doing essays and college work but I finish at the end of June so hopefully I will get fitter so I can do more when im finished!
  • Also how do you get the tickers as your signature from 3fatchicks.com?
  • I love the 30 Day Shred, and no you do not have to be in good shape to do it. When I first started it, I had to stop every few minutes (give/take) depending on the exercise. It is a great workout and they have someone showing you how to do the modified versions for those who are unable to do the "advance" version. Within a week or two, you really start noticing your endurance getting better and you realize that its now been 4 minutes without a break instead of 2 and small victories like that!
  • Jonesy89 - got to be registered on the forum for at least 30 days and minimum of 20 posts at that that time. if you click on user CP it'll say