Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/183/130

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Un-Motivated Mommy

The title pretty much says it all. Are there any moms out there who feel they can't get a free moment? I have a three and a half year old little girl who does not play well by herself... ever. I do play games and dolls and stuff with her occasionally, and I am trying to teach her to entertain herself for more than 5 minutes at a time, but it's always "mommy look, mommy look, mommy come here". I work 40 hours a week and she's at daycare all day so I realize she misses me but this occurs constantly when i'm trying to make dinner or god forbid exercise. By the time she goes to bed at night i'm exhausted physically and wired mentally. I want to exercise but I just don't have the willpower.

I bought a jogging stroller last year hoping that it would make walking-running easier. She is so tall for her age that she doesn't fit well in it anymore and it was a waste of $200+. My boyfriend is a police officer and he works 12-16 hour days so that by the time he gets home I want to have dinner made so we can eat and he can relax. I'd feel guilty if I asked him to watch her for a half hour so I could workout. I've tried to incorporate her into my regime but that doesn't work either. We don't live near a gym or anywhere that offers childcare to people who work out. If I try to run around outside with her she screams and cries if i don't pay enough attention to her.

I want to lose weight. I don't want it to just be about calorie counting though. I really want to get the exercise portion in to. How do people find time?

Responses are appreciated as lately all i've wanted is to binge!
shimmmer178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/216/130

Height: 5'1"

Can you try doing exercise activites with her? Try to make it fun with her, or like a game. You can take her on hikes, or take her to the playground and chase her around...that will burn some calories, lol. I know the hiking will be kind of hard, as she is little and doesn't walk as fast as you, but it is something. Can you buy a cheap umbrella stroller that you can push her in? What about pulling her in a wagon, or having her ride bike? I'm just trying to throw ideas out there and remember what I used to do with my now 6 y/o when she was that age. My daughter loves going on 'nature' hikes now...we point out birds, other animals, leaves, trees, etc. I try to make it interesting for her.

If none of that will work, can you exercise after your boyfriend gets home? If your daughter is in bed and he's home, you can do a run around your neighborhood. I know your probably exhausted by then since you work full-time, but it's better than nothing, you know?

Good luck!!
TraceyH is offline   Reply With Quote