Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default Elliptical Bike Vision Fitness

I am about to purchase a Vision Fitness elliptical bike. Does anyone have any helpful opinions about this stationary, upright, 2 in 1 bike/elliptical?

It's very expensive for me, but I also know one gets what one pays for. The problem is that I just don't know that much about this stuff, so it worries me to pay a lot before I really know what I should get. My doc (I have diabetes, so my endocrinologist) told me I should walk. If I want a machine, I should get an elliptical. But those elliptical hurt, I can't stay on them long, and most of all, I have a very small area to put any machine in.

I know I can't handle my cheap elliptical I just got from playitagainsports.com. IGreat place to go to near me but the item I purchased must have a short stride as my knees hurt a lot within a minute or two. It's a very short machine so it fits ok in my small area.

The bike I am interested in is the Vision Fitness E4000 Dual-Action Upright Bike. I know they have cheaper ones on Amazon, K-Mart & Walmart. This one has a great soft seat, bike pedals and the arms move. I can adjust the seat up or down, and it has a resistance dial. The monitor is basic, but that's ok for me, I am just starting. My knees did hurt a bit after I worked out at the store -- but I worked out for a bit, maybe 10-15 minutes or so total and I have not worked out in years. I do not know if I can adjust the seat to be closer or farther away from the arm bars.

I'm 56, 161 lbs. (just lost over 20 lbs, rah me!) and really want to lose more.

Any help anyone can be so kind to share with me is most greatly appreciated!

deerfern
deerfern is offline   Reply With Quote