Old 11-29-2010, 03:03 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat Nov. 29th-Dec 5th

AT LEAST DICK TURPIN WORE A MASK

We struggled through the ice and got to the fayre, which was very Christmassy Then we looked at the prices Now, I knit advent calendars. I make 25 3inch high socks in bright Christmassy colours, each one is numbered and strung on a length of ribbon. You can put little toys or sweets in each one. It is a pattern I got from the US. They sell like hot cakes at bazaars and Christmas sales for charity. I can make 10-12 ’socks’ from one large ball of wool ( we call it 100Gms, you go by length, but you get the idea) I use acrylic wool and the most I’ve paid for a ball is £1.29. On one stall they had individual 3inch socks hanging on a little tree and the were charging £3.50 for a sock!! On another stall they were selling diaries which I have seen in pound shops, for £7.50 and on another stall, they were selling hand knitted scarves (acrylic wool again) for £12. Needless to say, there weren’t many people buying.
We left after half an hour and went to our shopping centre where the shops were all open, Christmas carols playing and the staff in the shops all dressed in Victorian costume. It was lovely. We got some little pressies for different folk and had a taxi home.

Yes, Tejas, the snow and ice in the north and east is dreadful. 10 inches fell last night with more forecast. So far, no one has died. We are so lucky here, to just have the ice.

Ironing awaits this morning! Have a good one everybody
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:44 AM   #2  

Good Morning!
So I am back to doing Weight Watchers, reluctantly- I am so full of excuses as to why five pounds slowly made its way to 10 pounds, as I pretended the food that I was eating was 0 points or part of the 35 "extra" points I get during the week, or even worse, the three mile run would "take care of that key lime pie, cookies, crackers, half an Italian sub" and guess what? It didn't. But the more I put myself into denial the worse I feel.
And my wonderful amazing husband, who took off nearly 80 pounds in a year following the plan, has started to become lazy along with me, and it would break my heart to see him put all that weight back on.
So I am back ya'll.
Even if 22 points will make my tummy rumble and force me to leave the chocolate cake alone, I am determine to drop these 10 pounds and motivate my husband.
*getting off soap box now*
Hope everyone has a glorious day!

-C
angelshine90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I just checked the weekly schedule at the ww center near me, and I can get to a meeting tomorrow at 10 am (my planning period at school). I am really looking forward to getting the materials. I am a lifetime member, so I don't pay for missed meetings. I won't go every week but will keep posting with my chickies! Love you all!

Last edited by sloanie; 11-29-2010 at 08:42 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Must face the music this morning at the scale. Then all business until Christmas.

Sloan, good luck today. We would miss you so much if you left so am glad to hear you'll stay. We love you too!

Angel, welcome back. GREAT for you for not letting yourself stay in denial. My hubby and I are in the same boat.....slipping over the side a bit. He's lost 67 and I've lost 52 but we have been VERY unmotivated lately. He still has 25 pounds to lose and I at least 99. We should NOT be resting on our laurels.

Back to work with ALL of us!

I, too, read the information on the WW program and am quite interested. I may go to a couple of meetings after the holidays and see what I think. I may go long enough to get the materials. I can't imagine how they will do this now. The slider worked on everything. Will there be a HUGE encyclopedia of foods? One meat might not be equal to another? Quite interesting.

Love and light to you all.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I just lost another very long post...

When I do a long post I am going to do it on Word from now on and cut & paste it. That way I won't lose them . When I was almost done the site flicked off and then it was lost.. I'll repost tonight.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #6  

Nancy that is so frustrating!
I hope ya'll are having a great day. I have been following plan so far and I have not been hungry at all, in fact its strange, I am a teacher and one of my kid's parents gave me a huge box of cookies and I was not even tempted to crack it open, in fact I brought it home and am thinking of re gifting them...individually in pretty paper..hahah is that terrible?
Off to the gym tonight....fingers crossed that I can keep up this up!
-Chelsea
angelshine90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good job, Chelsea!

I gained 1.6 and am definitely going in the wrong direction. On back on track.

Channel 9 just did a news report on WW. It must be BIG.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Welcome back, Chelsea.

Well, I put on a few pounds over the last few weeks, but I think I might have left them on the gym floor this afternoon. I like the new trainer quite a bit; he is very efficient and tells me why certain exercises are done as they are.

Good luck to you rejoining or going again to meetings. I won't be doing that...yet I'm contemplating setting a goal for the next 4 months, but need to do more thinking about it. Even a pound a week off would be good. I might go back to the spinning bikes because it is such a good workout and burns the calories.

We're having beautiful weather, after a little cold over the last few days. I have a friend coming from Ottawa to visit form Friday through Tuesday. I've got some house cleaning to do! Of course, both the washing machine and the furnace in the guest part of the house are on the blink. Oh well, there are mechanics around.

I hope the rest of you day goes well, everyone.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #9  

Angel,Vickie
DH & I have been lax with our eating also and are getting back
on track. I went to the store tonight to get all the stuff for his diet.
He does a grocery store version of Nutrisystem..

I do get weary of his cycle of overeating then having to diet..
I guess I do the samething but when I diet the cost isn't 3 times what
regular food is.

Today I lowered my carbs and did much better at not being so hungry.
I had eggs & nuts for breakfast and didn't get hungry for 4-5 hours.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Chelsea. Sounds like your journey is a lot like mine; however, I packed on about 35 pounds. Congratulations on coming back before that happened to you. That's a great idea about regifting the cookies. It's not a bad idea at all.

Sloan, I'm a lifetime member, too. I'm heading back in the AM. I plan to go till I understand new program, and I'll still stay open for subbing on Tuesdays. (After tomorrow!)

JoJo, I love reading your posts. I can almost hear your voice. Craft fairs here are also pricey. Guess that's life. Watch out for that ice and stay safe, my friend.

Vickie, Curtis and I both have weight to lose, too. He's making mostly healthy choices right now and is still losing. I've been maintaining. It's time for me to get to losing again. I wonder if our local news will talk about WW.

Rhonda, your exercise routine will get you where you want to be. Enjoy the weather. We're doing the same.

Nancy, be patient with DH. It's good that he's not giving up. (But you already know that.) Guess I can relate with him because I diet/gain/diet/gain/diet/..........

Have a wonderful evening, everyone. I'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #11  

I meant to ask about lifetime status with WW.
What do you do to get that & are meetings free after that??
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I don't know if the rules are still the same; but in 2000 when I got to goal, I had to go through a maintenance program for 6 weeks. At the end of that I got "lifetime" because I was within 2 pounds of goal.

Meetings are free if you're within 2 pounds of goal. You only have to pay when you attend a meeting and then only if you're over 2 pounds above goal. You never have to pay registration fees again. It's well worth it in more ways than one to get to goal.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm back, got in around 4PM after getting lost in Boston. I took the Acela[Amtrak]train to the wrong station and I had to take a taxi to the bus terminal a multiple blocks away,but now I safe and sound back home.Had a wonderful time at my DD's even with the screaming & yelling of the g- kids. Now I can rest and it all begins in two week all over again.

GAINED 3 lbs THIS WEEK,SO FOR THIS WHOLE MONTH I LOST 3 LBS. NOT BAD SINCE THERE WAS A THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK

Hope you're all fine,and when I get a chance I will read the post later.

Have a wonderful day,as I will be busy shopping for groceries,picking up the mail and getting my downstairs bedroom closet done all today.Should be back to normal living by tomorrow or Thursday.

Last edited by beach bum; 11-30-2010 at 09:14 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Welcome home, Mary Ann!

I'm off to the foot Doctor today. It's a Doctor week.....just tuneups.

I'm still on program but it's been hard because I don't really want to be on program.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I picked up my new program materials today. I'm going home to pour over them. I'll let y'all know what I think later. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote