Old 06-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Default The "What to Order" Game!

Okay, pretend you are out to lunch at a restaurant and didn't have time to look up the nutritional info online. You have decided on a salad. Below are the choices and you have to order and eat it AS IS. What do you think is the best choice and which is the worst choice (only taking calories into consideration).

This are salads from an actual restaurant - and I have the nutritional info, so I'll be back to post the answers later:

Southwestern Beef Salad Premium ground beef, spiced with a little red chile, is paired with pico de gallo, black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro and fresh avocado. Topped with a mixture of shredded cheeses and served over garden greens with tortilla chips and southwestern ranch.

Carolina Chicken Salad Fresh garden greens with fried chicken, almonds, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, bacon, and freshly made croutons. With honey mustard dressing.

Club House Salad Fresh garden greens with slow-roasted chicken, ripe avocados, grated cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, bacon, and freshly made croutons. Served with ranch dressing.

Asian Salmon Spinach Salad Garden-fresh baby spinach topped with slow-cooked salmon, edamame, black beans, carrots, chopped egg, and sliced cucumbers. Topped with sesame seeds and wonton strips on the side. With sesame-peanut dressing.

Sante Fe Chicken Salad Slow-roasted chicken atop fresh garden greens with pico de gallo, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, corn, black beans, onions, and fresh cilantro. Garnished with wonton strips and served with spicy southwestern ranch.

Avocado Shrimp Salad Spicy creole shrimp with Parmesan cheese, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Served over garden greens with fresh avocado, crispy wontons, and avocado ranch.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm going to guess the Carolina Chicken (fried chicken! Cheese! Bacon!) or the Southwestern Beef (ranch, avocado, full fat beef, chips!) would be the worst.

I'd probably order the salmon one.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I say the Asian Salmon Spinach Salad is the best choice.

Southwestern Beef Salad is the worst choice.

Last edited by HoneyMustard; 06-23-2010 at 03:17 PM.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #4  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

The Asian Salmon Spinach Salad might be the lowest in calories, but I don't think I would like it. I would order the Avocado Shrimp Salad, which sounds yummy and reasonably low in calories. The calorie count of the Carolina Chicken Salad has to be enormous!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #5  
Graceful Loser

Asian Salmon Spinach Salad. It sounds delish!
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #6  

Well.... none of these are ones that I would pick! (sorry )
However...

I think the Carolina chicken would be the worst choice nutritionally - it's got fried chicken, nuts, cheese, bacon, croutons and a cream-based dressing. While they may taste good, all have lots of calories and/or fat.

I think the best choice is the Asian salmon spinach salad. The proteins it includes are not that bad, nor badly prepared. The salad has sesame seeds, but they're very small and a few of them go a long way; they mainly enhance the flavor. The only bad thing I can think of would be the wonton strips. But it specifically says that they are on the side! So, maybe you could slip them to the dog with no one noticing!
LoveMySofa is offline   Reply With Quote