Old 06-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #232 Bale of Turtles Keeping on Track!!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread because #231 had gotten very long. Go back and check the end of that thread because there is plenty of good news there!
Judy
234.6/191.8/189 and closer to goal
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi All!

Well today is a rainy saturday, did not get any walking in today but I got my grocery shopping done, the laundry is just about finished and the house is clean for the most part. I made an extra large supper today and took most of it over to a friends house who's mom is in the hospital and not doing well at all, this has been going on for a couple of weeks now and my friend is showing the signs of stress and stain that come with a loved one being very ill. It was nothing special but I took over a pan of Poppy Seed Chicken, a hot vegetable, some fresh bread that I found at the farmers market this morning and a small pan of brownies... at least her and her family will have a warm supper tonight. None of it was plan friendly so I modified what I had here at the house for DH and I, there is just no way to make Poppy Seed Chicken low points so I did not have a ton of that... LOL.

I will get on the treadmill in the morning to get that done and out of the way then we are off to my oldest DS house for a Sunday supper with him and his wife... My contribution is a fresh fruit plate.

Kim: Good job on not having any soda pop! I will look for the frozen version of the fries... anything to save time on a work evening and still stay on plan! Thanks for the tip!

Judy: Thanks for starting the new thread! Have a great weekend! I was thinking about you the other day, I was out working in the garden, I did pole beans this year by mistake, I normally do bush beans but grabbed the wrong seeds this spring... well I was out there putting in some trellis type things and had to dig pretty deep to get the darned this to stay straight up. But I looked around the garden and with all of our rain out here and the hot weather mine is going nuts right now and I know you said yours was not doing so well. I had to chuckle a bit because I have radishes ready to be picked all ready. Funny how that works, one year mine does good and yours not so good, next year it will be the other way around

Cherry: How have you been doing??? It has been ages since I have talked to you, I hope that life is treating you well.

Bandit: I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Thanks again for the tip about TOPS, two of the ladies called me today to check in with me and one sent me an email. I think they are excited about having a new person join... I know I am excited about joining their group so it is working out well.

Have a great weekend all! I got killer strawberries at the farmers market today, they are calling my name!

Last edited by Princess1122; 06-12-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #4  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Itryharder~ Thank you for starting the new thread! I use Alexia All Natural Sweet Potato fries as they are the crispiest ones I have found so far.

Princess1122
~ Strawberries! YUM! I live on a blueberry and raspberry farm, so I love the opportunity to have other berries as I have more then my share of blueberries and raspberries every day once the season starts. Sorry to hear about your neighbor That was really nice of you to make them dinner.

Today was another successful no soda day, making it Day 8! I also managed to avoid fried food and had a western sandwich (wheat toast, cheddar cheese, and egg with peppers and onions) with succotash. I got some new mary jane crocs the other day that I wore to work tonight and they were AMAZING! My feet don't hurt at all! I have a couple blisters forming on my heels, so I'll wear my sneakers tomorrow night, but I am super happy with how good my feet felt at the end of the night as I didn't even notice the blister until I took the shoes off.
Rambling!
Have a good Sunday everyone!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #5  

Hi all! Happy Sunday to everyone!

Had a good weekend here, food was not so good, I don't think that I really ate over points but I don't think I made the healthiest choices if that makes sense but over all I did ok.

Got really exciting news today!!!! Went to my sons house today and him and my wonderful daughter in law told me that they are expecting a baby!!! Thats right, I am going to be a Grammy for the very first time... I am so happy for them and we are all thrilled.

Well that is all for now but I had to share my very wonderful news.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #6  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Princess1122~ Congratulations!

Today was pretty good until later tonight as I had to make some salads for a BBQ we're having tomorrow. I wasn't even thinking about how many points I was using up by taking little samples. ARGH!
Hoping to avoid doing the same tomorrow!

Day 9 no soda complete!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, what wonderful news!!! Being a "grammy" is unbelievable. It's a new type of love that you can't even imagine until it happens. I am so happy for you!!!! Enjoy every minute of preparation and when you see that newborn, you will be so enthralled. I'm so glad you let us know!

KimL, yeah, it's easy to sample when making salads, etc. You'll do fine the day of the BBQ. Was that Sunday? And remember, you're 9 days into the "no soda zone"!!! Weigh to go.

Well, my weekend was challenging to say the least. My weight is up, but processed foods with all the salt do that to me. I was tempted to start my day early with oatmeal and blueberries----and I stopped myself. Why? Because I wasn't hungry. There's no reason for me to eat if I'm satisfied. So, I'll tuck an apple into my bag when my dh and I run errands this morning and I'll plan on having eggwhites on one point bread when we return. That'll work. I'm sipping tea right now and so far, so good.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was fun, busy, and food challenged, but I did the best I could.

Hey Princess, wasn't your reception at TOPS outstanding? What a nice group of gals. That's how I feel about my WW group. They really are lovely people.

Okay, gotta run. Take it easy and keep on keepin' on to reach our goals!
Judy
Old 06-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles:

Princess - Congratulations on being a new "grammy" - that must be so exciting. I am looking forward to that sometime in the future. Glad you joined Tops & hope that works for you. Sometimes we just need something new to kickstart us again. Good luck!

Cherry - nice to hear from you and hope you can get back on track.

Kim - nice job on the "no soda" - awesome, keep it going!

Judy - always the busy lady, have a good week.

As for myself, busy weekend up here. Spent Fri afternoon at trailer with dd & her boyfriend then went to Ribfest in the evening & ate way too many ribs, but they were delicious & then Sat night went to singles dance, so busy weekend. Rainy up here & heavy at times but I managed to get my yard mowed in between storms.

Really have to buckle down this week. My ladies group in walking tomorrow night at the beach, so get in some exercise there. I haven't been doing my regular walking at the centre & it really is making a difference in the way I feel. So, have to get back at having regular exercise.

Have a good Monday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #9  

Princess- congratulations on being a grammy.

Kim-Never gave you a proper welcome. You are doing a great job on the "no soda"

Judy- Its great that you did the best you could this weekend. Sometimes that is all we can do.

Bandit- That is great about you getting your walking in. Keep it up.

I am hoping for good news on my weigh in tomorrow. I have been so frazzled lately which makes me want to eat everything in the house. I am stuck in the house with three kids under 5 that are running fevers and one getting sick all over the place. Hoping in the next few days that it will get better.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Cherry, here's to get you through these next few days with your kiddies sick. Hey, your weight tracker is looking very good. I'm so happy for you and I'm wishing you a : tomorrow at your WI.

Bandit, good to hear from you. Your ladies group sounds good. Glad you had a fun-filled weekend. Hey, I hear you about walking and then not walking. I've been so busy that I only walked once this week and I know that affects me in all ways. Today I'll walk come ....... or high water!
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 06-14-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #11  

Hi all and happy Monday to everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations! We are super excited about the baby, I have been hoping and praying for a grandbaby to be sent our way some day when God thought it right, so the time must be right!

I have to run but will check back later on.
Princess
Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone!

Nothing much going on here it is just another rainy day... ugh. We have had sooo much rain here in the midwest that my garden is going to rot soon if does not stop raining and dry up. Food is going well this week and DS and I got a walk in last night.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #13  

Official weigh in this morning. Last week after a 5 day vacation i actually weighed in at 246.2 and this morning i am down to 241.4 so i am down
4.8 Pounds
Now i am pretty much down to my lowest weight from the past 10 weeks. Hoping to keep moving downward.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #14  
Returnee

Good morning! May I submit my application for Turtledom?

I've lurked and posted at a couple other forums and there's just not been enough activity. I was on 3FC yeeeeears ago and a couple years ago life got nutty and I didn't fall, but leaped off the wagon. I have returned because I really do miss the support, friendship, feedback and accountability.

Weight-wise - I'm an ex-WW leader, just returned back to WW (after finding a great leader finally) and because of other factors I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time that this juuuust might be the last time I'm going to have to do this. Maintenance would be a lovely thing to learn!

I say I'm hopeful because this is the first time that weight loss is just the bonus side effect of everything else I'm changing in my life (hence my relating to turtledom). I turned 40 in January and it was like a lightbulb went off - I craved clarity, simplicity and calmness in my life. That has required a LOT of inner searching for what's actually broken (I know how to lose weight - let's learn why it keeps coming back on), dealing with past hurts that I've ignored and discoveries about myself and who I am. It's been hard - sometimes very hard - but let me tell you it's also been very freeing to feel something - instead of eating instead and the epiphanies far outweigh the difficulty. I feel like this year so far has been an advanced lesson in Tes 101. Ha, I'm getting a PhD in ME! LOL!

I've also been reading Women Food and God by Geneen Roth - which came into my life at a freakishly good time.

So, if you add in slightly goofy, happily divorced, living in the middle of nowhere on 5 weedy acres, mom to three "fur babies", Auntie (and recently great-Auntie), part owner of the family business (mechanic wrangler and office dictator), spiritual but not religious, reader, scrapbooker, movie fiend and friend to my treadmill and eliptical - that would be me!

I look forward to getting to know you guys!

(p.s. Princess, congrats! My brother became a grandpa in Nov. and I'm not sure who's more thrilled - my neice or him!)

Happy Tuesday,
Tessa
Clever Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Princess - we have also had rain off/on for the last week, but not so much that it is a problem. We certainly needed it. Hope your garden survives.

Cherry - awesome weight loss this week! Keep it up - you are doing great!

Tessa - WELCOME to our group. I am sure you will fit right in - nice mix of ladies here with really good tips & inspiring wisdom & we always like new ideas, so feel free to jump right in! Good luck on your journey.

Judy/Lauren - hope you are having a great week.

Tonight, off walking at the beach with my ladies group then catch up with everyone during coffee afterwards, so should be fun evening.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote