Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Help with FLORE

I plan to start counting points this week, and I have a problem. I get 20ish points, and it seems so restrictive. I know I need to do this, but I also know my track record. Do y'all have any advice to keep me feeling satisfied and within my point restricition?
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloanie, I have a million ideas but not much time right now. Eat as many core foods as you can and stay away from the processed. Stick with whole fruits and veggies. Core foods are your friends. Where you eat protein, make sure it is the leanest. Jim and I loved dark meat but have pretty much switched to breasts. Make as much fresh stuff as you can and limit the fat. You only need a little for health.

I'll try to come back later with more ideas.

Did I mention DRINK your water!!!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Geez, I don't know anyone who only gets 20 points. What is that.....1200 calories. Lordy, and I'm whining about 1700.....but I am a big girl.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #4  

Vickie-thanks for the response. I look forward to hearing from you later. I agree, 20 points is teeny. I plan to eat three small meals and three small snacks. I'll have to eat a lot of 0 point foods. I don't know how this will work out, but I am going to try and take it a week at a time.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #5  

Vickie-I just re-figured my point goal by using the new material that I got today, and my point goal is 19. You heard me-19 I am going to have to be very creative.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

OMG! I guess thats the price for being near your goal and not having 130 pounds to lose like me.

Here's my other big tips. Eat things high in protein and get your dairy in. I've been surviving by even making sure that my desserts have high protein. I've been eating the Zone double dark chocolate bars and the SBD High protein cereal bars because they are high in protein. They satisfy my sweet tooth plus make me feel a little full. I also make sure I spend my calories on at least two and often 3 servings of dairy. I'm over 50 so I try to get 3. It's hard to spend on liquid but it's worth it in the keep you full department. Try the smoothies with the skim, ice, frozen fruit and instant SF/FF pudding. They are yummy and fill your tummy.

I'll keep thinking.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #7  

The smoothies are a good idea! You're right about milk being filling. I am not a milk lover, but I will be more mindful of having those smoothies. I will use skim milk, vanilla sf/ff pudding and fruit. I have also realized that I can nibble on watermelon when I get the munchies, so that will help. I, too, try to be mindful of having protein with or in whatever I am eating. I did the zone for a while and was very aware of how much less hungry I was when I did that. I've been collecting recipes today, so I will be trying some of those to help keep things exciting. Thanks for coming back to talk to me; it means a lot.